Podcast Cruise 2.0 Discussion Thread 1 of ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
TGIF folks! :wave2:

Tracey, hope you stay safe and dry! pixiedust:

Lyn, hearing that should motivate me to get my lazy and expanding butt back on the wii/treadmill...it's been a while :sad2:

Make it a great weekend, all! :goodvibes

cheers,
:flower3:

Good morning and hoping for a better day than yesterday...

I had to stay late last night to do a display of library offerings at the town's "energy forum". I kind of resented doing it as there were more exhibitors than visitors.

The school parking lot was crowded with cars still from afterschool sports and parking spaces were hard to come by. I drove into a boulder at the edge of the parking lot. Crushed and scraped my car bumper.

Getting out of my car at home, gathering my belongings, my brand new ipod dropped to the pavement. Nicks on the back and a scratch on the glass screen.

I know they are just "things", but it makes me unhappy. :sad2:

I know how frustrating days lke that can be, everything seems to go wrong all at once :hug: I do hope that was just a one off and things are getting better :)

Still trying to get that last groundhog - he's huge now :scared1: Hope he's not going into hibernation soon :eek: :tiptoe:

cheers,

So is he still there from the other ones you had? Do you get a lot of those critters living together? I think about the only thing I know about them is they come out and declare spring? - and that's only from Groundhog Day!

Karen - Good luck with the ground hog. We got ours with Juicy Fruit gum. Apparently they like the sweetness of it, but can't digest it. Let's just say I haven't seen him again.

So you fill the poor little guy with chewing gum and 'gum up' his inside? :scared: Or do they just get constipated and go somewhere else?

I am finally getting around to introducing myself. HELLO! I'm Celeste. I haven't had a chance to look & see if there is anyone currently on this cruise, that I have cruised with. I need to find "the page" that has all the information on it.

I have cruised on a few of the regular routes, first Panama Canal, first 11 night Southern Caribbean, first 11 night Med & 5 night Bahamian. So, if you were on any of these....I might know you. :rotfl:

I hope to get to know all of you better & have lots of fun. I have been listening to the podcast since the beginning.....so glad those awful original format shows didn't last long. :scared1: I haven't post much outside of one or two cruise threads, so I'm probably a stranger to most.

I will be traveling with my son, who will be 12 at the time. Whoa!!! Should his teachers not allow him to miss school, I'm going anyway...

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

xoxo
C

Welcome, great to hear people are still signing up :woohoo: I really hope we reach 1000 participants :yay:

TGIF folks!!! :wave2:

Welcome aboard Celeste!

Can't believe DH took me out last nite for dinner and an iPhone! :woohoo: :love: :woohoo: What a surprise treat for our anni :cloud9: I'm going to crawl under a rock now and set it up, check out the App store, read the 800+ posts on the iPhone collective thread...at some point in the weekend, I may come out :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Have a fab weekend everyone!! :grouphug:

cheers,

Cool, how are you getting on with it? I found my nails were too long and I had to use the side of my fingers :lmao: DH has the Toy Story Mania app which is fun - he's good at a couple of games and I am good at others so we're getting there between us!

Morning all. Started the day by having my son vomit all over my work clothes when I went to hug him goodbye. Hopefully it will get better from there.

Oh no, I hope he is/was ok? Talk about a bad start :sad2:

Of course! You can get a hug whenever you want!

Let me amend my earlier statement, because it was one sided:

Here's a great big hug for ALL the Dreams Agents that are working on DCL pricing quotes today. Thanks for taking care of us.

My apologies.:flower3:

I think they're all fab for doing this - sounds like a real PITA to get used to all those new catagories :headache: I hope it's getting easier for you all :hug:

Okay, so it is after 10:30 and I have wastwd at least an hour on my farmville farm. Whose idea was farmville, any way? And why did I think I had to join?! I think it was Ros, late afer Wednesday chat two weeks ago. Oh, the misery!

The best I heard was from someone who has real cows to milk and crops to tend to and has no time for a farm on a comuter screen.

That's why I daren't join in with it - I don't seem to be able to find much time for Facebook anyway let alone running a farm :laughing:

We survived yesterday's storm better than our neighbor's tree :scared1: :scared1:

Tho flooding remains in the southern sections with major roads closed...a 20 min commute was taking people over an hour this morning :faint: Nothing compared to Tracey's or Atlanta's flooding, still we're thankful we don't have to drive thru it :upsidedow

cheers,

I hope this is the end of all the crazy weather for a little while, when we were in FL we saw the reports about the flooding futher south and I didn't realise you guys got hit too :hug: I hope your neighbours tree didn't do too much damage?

We did it with the kids in June, Lori. They turned out really nice.

Don't think there are any details you need to know about. They cost the same as the regular Shutters pictures.

I want to get some pics next time too, do you make a reservation for a time or just show up?

Good Morning Everyone. Hard to believe that September is over today. Where has the year gone? From here it's my birthday in October, Thanksgiving the next month and Christmas the next. After that, it will be less than a year until the Cruise. Yah Hoo. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

I think breaking down the next few months like that is what's keeping me going, I can't wait for the 1 year out mark, then it'll be Christmas then just over 11 months to plan for our trip :woohoo:

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Good Morning Cruise Friends!!!! Its Wednesday!!! I had a great meeting and am doing the banana dance in my chair at work!!

What colour? (banana not chair!)

Happy Friday guys :goodvibes we're off to Gav's sisters house tonight for dinner, we'll also be picking up his Birthday pressie - drum kit for Guitar Hero on the Wii, we've been wanting it for ages. I'm sure I'll be terrible at it but it will be fun to try :lmao: I think the singing bit is what I'm best at, I find the guitar tricky and it hurts my wrists after a while :headache:

Hope everyone has a great weekend :thumbsup2

TGIF folks! :wave2:

Only half a day left before the weekend :thumbsup2

We've got some friends coming over for dinner tonite so I made a pavlova - haven't made one in years...hope it turns out well! :rolleyes1

Make it a fab weekend all! :goodvibes

cheers,

Mmmmm, I love pavlova popcorn:: :cloud9:

pavlova? do i sense another Aussie/Kiwi around here?

Welcome :wave2: I think you will beat Yvette and Emiel this time about who has travelled the furthest :thumbsup2

Happy Monday folks! :wave2:

Funny you should mention this Lyn cuz I am paranoid about there being fat on the beaters/bowl...always wash twice in piping hot soapy water and dry with paper towels :rotfl2: :rotfl2: yes my OCD extends beyond planning trips to the land of the talking mouse and ducks :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

cheers,

That's why my meringue's never worked out :headache: DH wants us to try and make some custard so I will have to make meringue with the leftover whites - I'm thinking 2 mini pavolvas should work, or if they fall flat I'll make a roulade :rotfl:

In this case, it is not OCD.
If the fat was not off the beaters and bowl, you would not high peaked egg whites and you would not get meringue. Period. Used to teach home economics and stil interested in food chemistry.

You should check out Heston Blumenthal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heston_Blumenthal he does some amazing things with food. He has done a couple of TV shows you may be able to find on Youtube (can't search for them right now as I am at work!)

and yep i did get to meet Pete and Walter. my husband Tim organised the meet which i didn't go to but we were lucky enough to hang out with them on another day. it's funny cause i wasn't really into the DIS before that but now i am the board member obsessively checking posts and Tim isn't even a member :rotfl:

Shame you didn't make the meet - was there a thread? I really need to go back and check up on the boards to see what I missed! At least you still got to meet them :thumbsup2
I tell you the Dis is very addictive, I really missed it when we were away.

Happy Tuesday folks! :wave2:

Saw Toy Story & TS2 in :3dglasses last nite - amazing levels of detail - if you haven't seen it yet, get going!!! :teleport:

where he can quip about all things foreign :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

cheers,

Wish we could go, over here they're showing the first one (TS2 3D will be out in Jan :scared1:) and it's £8 per ticket anyway then over £2 for the 3D option = $16 each :scared1: if only we'd been going to WDW now we could have seen it there :sad2:

Yup- Cookwise is on the shelf in the library. I like books and magazines hat explain what happens when you use different ingredients - different flour, cold vs. cold, size of eggs.

This sounds really interesting, I love baking (not so much cooking) as it's more ordered and precise. DH doesn't have the patience to weigh things and wait for stuff! He's more of a chuck it all in kinda cook :rotfl: He once made cookies without a recipe and they never turned solid :rolleyes:

Ok we are off, heading to WDW tomorrow. We're at a hotel tonight that we've never stayed at before because they had a $99 rate and we can park here while we're gone. THere is a shuttle to take us and pick us up from the airport. What could be wrong?

Our room is a bowl. Literally. The entire room slopes towards the middle of the room. The outer wall even slopes towards the middle of the room. If you jump on the floor in the middle of the room, the armoir opens and the tv comes out. I hope we wake up tomorrow on the second floor! Wish us well!!

Hope you are having a wonderful time, I've never heard of a room like that :eek: glad you made it through the night ;)

We are moving kinda slow on this one...it might take a week or two. And no that is not a challenge.

Oh :rolleyes1

Happy e-mail show day folks! :wave2:

Hey, Bex is back!!! :yay: :woohoo: :cool1: When you have time and want to reminisce, share some highlights of your trip! :goodvibes

My update: no more groundhogs, desserts were pricey until they were served then they were fab, and no more drama is good! :thumbsup2 :lmao: :lmao:

I looked up another podcast after mla1977's post and downloaded the last 4 episodes cuz I didn't remember which date s/he was on. I kept listening and listening...from your post I realize I downloaded the wrong podcast! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Going to itunes now - and not doing it from memory :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

cheers,

Thanks for the update, I do plan on doing a trip report, gonna wait til I have the photopass CD - I'll put a link in here when I start. I need something to keep me occupied for the next 14 months :eek:

Good Morning Everyone!! Flooding rains hit us over night and wi continue as the day goes on. But the good news is I am on Vacation!!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Now I have to get packed before I leave on Sunday.

Have a wonderful time, hope the rain dies down :hug:

Lyn, hearing that should motivate me to get my lazy and expanding butt back on the wii/treadmill...it's been a while :sad2:

I am still not sure how I do it. I wake up earlier than I used to, stumble into some clothes and out the door. I have missed three or four days in nine weeks!

Good luck!

Shame you didn't make the meet - was there a thread? I really need to go back and check up on the boards to see what I missed! At least you still got to meet them :thumbsup2
I tell you the Dis is very addictive, I really missed it when we were away.
well, i didn't join the DIS boards until after I met Pete and Walt. we had been planning our trip to the States for a while though and i am a huuuuge researcher/planning dork, so i don't know why i didn't join earlier!

but yeah i wouldn't have known anyone at the meet, and i had a birthday party on that day anyway. it's funny now though cause i am the big DIS-er and my husband Tim is not - he said he thinks online boards are boring! :scared1: :eek:

well, i didn't join the DIS boards until after I met Pete and Walt. we had been planning our trip to the States for a while though and i am a huuuuge researcher/planning dork, so i don't know why i didn't join earlier!

but yeah i wouldn't have known anyone at the meet, and i had a birthday party on that day anyway. it's funny now though cause i am the big DIS-er and my husband Tim is not - he said he thinks online boards are boring! :scared1: :eek:

It took me a while to sign up and get a board name after lurking on the boards :rotfl:
I'm sure your DH Tim will find your Dis time very useful - esp. when you are on the cruise and you know everything and loads of people ;) There are so many things I would never have known about, I'm so glad I found the boards and the Podcast :lovestruc

Morning everyone :thumbsup2

Happy Monday (if it can ever be happy :lmao:)

Just noticed I need to update my count down's - I wish I had more than one :sad1:

Happy Monday (isn't that a paradox?)

Happy Columbus Day to my American friends!!
Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian ones!!
Happy Health and Sports Day to my Japanese ones, too!!

Happy _____ to anyone else celebrating a holiday that I don't know about.:grouphug:

14 months until Unmitigated Fun on a Boat, 2.0!!!

Happy Monday (isn't that a paradox?)

Happy Columbus Day to my American friends!!
Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian ones!!
Happy Health and Sports Day to my Japanese ones, too!!

Happy _____ to anyone else celebrating a holiday that I don't know about.:grouphug:

14 months until Unmitigated Fun on a Boat, 2.0!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

From wikipedia -

October 12 is also a holiday in the following countries:

Equatorial Guinea – Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
Malawi – Mother's Day
Spain – National Day
Columbus Day (traditionally) – United States.
El Dia de la Raza – Latin America.
French Republican Calendar – Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of Vendémiaire
Brazil – Children's Day and the day of Our Lady of Aparecida (National Religious holiday).
United States – Freethought Day
Canada – Thanksgiving Monday

And this one I've never heard of :confused3 but sounds like fun :woohoo:

United Kingdom – National Coming Out Day (one day later than other countries)

Good morning everyone!
I have been hanging out on the DAP thread, sorry.
I am so looking forward to 2.0.
However I am getting excited, we will be in WDW for DAP in 50 days! :yay:
Then after the winter here is almost done we will be on our ABD tour!
I can't wait. :dance3:
Then the big one, yes the party of all parties 2.0!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Cool, how are you getting on with it? I found my nails were too long and I had to use the side of my fingers :lmao: DH has the Toy Story Mania app which is fun - he's good at a couple of games and I am good at others so we're getting there between us!

:lovestruc :love: :cloud9: It's funny I didn't really know what all the hype was about until I actuall got one - sure I played with it at the Apple Stores but I was, like, cool, so what? :confused: Well, now I know :worship: :worship: It's like an ipod, you don't really understand it til you get one. :goodvibes

I had a blackberry a couple of 'phones' ago, and my last phone had the Internet on it, but WOW!!! The iPhone is amazing...the fact that it also makes calls is just an incidental :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Looking fwd to your TR, Bex! And I can totally see Gav rockin' out on the drum set :rockband: :rotfl:

I have missed three or four days in nine weeks!

:cheer2: :woohoo: :cheer2:

okay, today I'll do something other than bake brownies :rotfl2: :lmao:

mla1977 - Thx a mint for sharing what else is out there. :thumbsup2 I listened to the podcast you were on while I was cleaning up the garden this weekend. I listened to a couple of episodes to give them the benefit of the doubt - some cute things like the Pyramid - but it's really not my speed. :rolleyes1 I take it you were Megan ;) you sounded fab! :goodvibes

cheers,

Looking fwd to your TR, Bex! And I can totally see Gav rockin' out on the drum set :rockband: :rotfl:

cheers,

Drum kit is great :thumbsup2 although I keep hitting the bits around the pads :rolleyes1 He also suprised me with TSM for the Wii - I really like it, I did get stuck on the training bit in the quick play mode but then realised you had to play it through in the story mode first (it said in the manual!)

Happy Tuesday all - it's lovely and sunny here but soo flipping cold :cold:

Good Morn all - hope all have a great Tuesday. It's turning a little chilly here today - more rain on the way for us. I have seen enough rain to last awhile but it figures we get more.:lmao:

Good Morn all - hope all have a great Tuesday. It's turning a little chilly here today - more rain on the way for us. I have seen enough rain to last awhile but it figures we get more.:lmao:

Morning Kathy & Everyone!!

I think the rains followed me to Texas. I hope they don't follow me to Florida later this week, I would like to see some sun for a change.

I like you have seen enough rain to last until, next year. But at least it is not SNOW yet

Happy Tuesday folks :wave2:

Bex: glad the rock set's a good time :cool1: ...we've had fun with it at our friend's house - we should get one too so we won't be so bad when we're over there :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Tracey - just noticed your ticker says 2 days to your solo trip - have a fab time! :yay:

Going to see the national tour of Avenue Q tonite - taking our friends who haven't seen it before. Hope it compares to the Broadway version :cool2: Should still be fun :goodvibes

cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter