Podcast Cruise 2.0 Discussion Thread 1 of ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first time I took Pam snorkeling she almost drowned me when a little squid swam up to her and wouldn't leave. Mind you she had a life jacket and I didn't.

Thought I would give an update on my FIL. He is doing well and is due for his last chemo in a few weeks right before we head out for our St. Croix cruise. He can't wait. I think the thought of the cruise is keeping him going.

I can understand your wifes reaction - I like seeing the little fishies but do not want contact :crazy2: :scared:

I do hope your FIL's treatment continues to work, we found with Gav's Mum that she kept on going when she had a goal :hug:
I hope the cruise is fantastic :grouphug: :cloud9:

Ah, so you guys are 10 hours ahead of us in the UK? That makes sense that a 14 hour flight arrives a day after you left?! But coming back it's about the same time as you leave - I think :confused: :dance3: It's too early in the morning for things like this!

How many time zones does Australia have?

Also wondering if they still show Neighbours over there? I don't think it's as popular over here any more, they moved it from the BBC to another channel, same as they did with Home and Away (but that was always the 'other' soap anyway!)
that sounds about right. flights and timezones confuse me so much! :confused:

we have three timezones in Australia - Eastern (from Tasmania all the way up the East coast), Central (roughly Adelaide up to Darwin) and Western (Western Australia). but there's four when we have daylight savings going on (e.g. now) because crazy Queensland don't do daylight savings!

of course we still have Neighbours! and H&A. i watch them both :lmao:

that sounds about right. flights and timezones confuse me so much! :confused:

we have three timezones in Australia - Eastern (from Tasmania all the way up the East coast), Central (roughly Adelaide up to Darwin) and Western (Western Australia). but there's four when we have daylight savings going on (e.g. now) because crazy Queensland don't do daylight savings!

of course we still have Neighbours! and H&A. i watch them both :lmao:

Wow, you barely get 3 timezones across Europe as a continent! Makes you realise what a tiny little island the UK is :eek: Hard to beleive we once 'conquered' the world (after being invaded a few times ourselves :rotfl:) - apparently a flag stuck in the ground was a good way of claiming ownership :lmao:

Am I right in thinking that Paul Robinson made a return in recent years (I probably haven't seen it for getting on 10 years now :scared1:) ? Has anyone else returned from the 'dead' like Harold did? :laughing:

TGIF folks :wave2:

Good to know the snorkelling won't be too tricky I'm happy on top of the water but with a snorkel in my mouth I don't seem to be able to hold my breath I also have a bit of a fear of drowning as a friend once pushed me under with a snorkel and I got a lung-full

I wish we could invite you over some time - your cakes and pavlova sound amazing Hope you have a good night and that they have picked a good film!

Saying I'm a very weak swimmer is generous :blush: so I just float on top too. Dive??? :eek: :scared1: :faint: While everyone snorkelling finds those vests annoying, I :love: it and always inflate it so much I have to crane to get my head in the water at first :lmao: DH is :sad2: when we start, telling me what I won't believe, "You don't need to blow it up that much!!!" :rotfl2: Actually we're going to snorkel on our own at Acapulco and Huatulco so I'm going to buy my own lifevest soon ;)

We watched Pitch Black - pre-quel to Chronicles of Riddick...it was okay, liked the latter better. :3dglasses

Ahh, you're so kind!!! It'd be a blast to hang out...if you ever have the itch to see one of the 7 wonders of the world just let me know :rolleyes: I promise to make you guys :cake: and we've got great American pub grub here (but not the UK bangers & mash, ploughman's lunch)...popcorn::

Thought I would give an update on my FIL. He is doing well and is due for his last chemo in a few weeks right before we head out for our St. Croix cruise. He can't wait. I think the thought of the cruise is keeping him going.

Great to hear your FIL's doing well Scott :thumbsup2 pixiedust: for the rest to go smoothly and for a wonderful and well deserved cruise for y'all :grouphug:

see this is my problem - i know i'm going to want to do EVERYTHING. i really want to do the run, but i also want to snorkel, see the stingrays, do Palo brunch (if it's available), etc. not to mention any DIS events that might be on!

It's very doable if you don't have the Palo brunch in there! :lmao: As TT said, you won't have to worry about that on the 2.0. Meeting up to get back on the ship from SB and then going back to SB is a really big time suck cuz you have to transfer on the tram, walk to the next tram station, and then wait for another tram to get it to SB. :rolleyes1

Tomorrow we're making our annual trek to Pumpkinville - yes that's what it's called! :rotfl: - it has all things pumpkin: donuts, sundaes, butter, ice cream, muffins, bread, fudge, cannons, 1000 lbs versions, okay you get the idea now, right? :lmao:

First we pick our way thru their 7 acre pumpkin patch and carefully choose my "jack" which I hope to turn into "Cindy" this year :lmao: By the time we've finally found the right one, DH is ready to queue for snacks :rotfl2:

Make it a great weekend all! :goodvibes

cheers,
:flower3:

Well, my October trip is now complete as I'm sure you can see by my ticker below! Needless to say, I'm in full post trip depression and have over a year to wait until December 2010. I need to start doing some serious planning. And did y'all see the cool new changes taking place on the Wonder?? There's a small blurb on the new disney blog.

C'mon December 2010! :banana:

Ahh, you're so kind!!! It'd be a blast to hang out...if you ever have the itch to see one of the 7 wonders of the world just let me know :rolleyes: I promise to make you guys :cake: and we've got great American pub grub here (but not the UK bangers & mash, ploughman's lunch)...popcorn::

Tomorrow we're making our annual trek to Pumpkinville - yes that's what it's called! :rotfl: - it has all things pumpkin: donuts, sundaes, butter, ice cream, muffins, bread, fudge, cannons, 1000 lbs versions, okay you get the idea now, right? :lmao:

First we pick our way thru their 7 acre pumpkin patch and carefully choose my "jack" which I hope to turn into "Cindy" this year :lmao: By the time we've finally found the right one, DH is ready to queue for snacks :rotfl2:

Make it a great weekend all! :goodvibes

cheers,
:flower3:

Ha, I'd love to try your cake :lovestruc My fave pub grub is toad in the hole popcorn:: Yummy! I wish they did that at the Rose and Crown - with baked beans :cloud9:

Pumpkinville sounds like a great time! Make sure you take a pic of your lantern! Have a great day!

Well, my October trip is now complete as I'm sure you can see by my ticker below! Needless to say, I'm in full post trip depression and have over a year to wait until December 2010. I need to start doing some serious planning. And did y'all see the cool new changes taking place on the Wonder?? There's a small blurb on the new disney blog.

C'mon December 2010! :banana:

I know what you mean but it will be here really quick (that's what I keep telling myself anyway :rotfl:), seriously as soon as Christmas and New Year are over it will fly by. I've already made a list of all the stuff I must do! Including stuff we have never done and things I love. I've also been thinking of places to eat - dinners, lunches and snacks! DH will make a list too and we can see if we've chosen the same places :laughing:
:hug: hoping you get over the depression soon.

The new bits on the Wonder look great, I bet the view from up top will be cool! We loved the coffee in the Cove Cafe :thumbsup2

Am I right in thinking that Paul Robinson made a return in recent years (I probably haven't seen it for getting on 10 years now :scared1:) ? Has anyone else returned from the 'dead' like Harold did? :laughing:
yes Paul is back. he wavers between ultra evil and kinda nice these days :laughing:
noone else has come back from the dead.... yet.

yes Paul is back. he wavers between ultra evil and kinda nice these days :laughing:
noone else has come back from the dead.... yet.

I'm guessing he's the only Robinson (old school anyway) that's left! I love how soaps have characters that are good one minute, bad the next, then good again and the others don't seem to remember the bad stuff :lmao:

I loved your DH's call in message - for I minute I thought he had recorded Pete and Walter :thumbsup2

I went to pick up our photopass CD from Fed Ex yesterday (we had a card through the door as they tried to deliver it during the day on Thursday) and I had called on Thursday night to ask them to leave it at the depot, however they tried to deliver it again and now I'm going to have to wait until Monday to pick it up :sad2: Muppets :headache:

Have a great weekend :wave:

]Tomorrow we're making our annual trek to Pumpkinville - yes that's what it's called! :rotfl: - it has all things pumpkin: donuts, sundaes, butter, ice cream, muffins, bread, fudge, cannons, 1000 lbs versions, okay you get the idea now, right? :lmao:

Sounds like a place I would love. I love anything made with pumpkin. My wife calls it an obsession.

Who is ready??

IMG_9280.jpg

IMG_9267.jpg

IMG_9240.jpg

IMG_9651.jpg

IMG_9656.jpg

IMG_9644.jpg

Morning all - another week closer :cool1:

Hope everyone has a good day - or at least as good as a Monday can be :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter