Podcast Cruise 2.0 Discussion Thread 1 of ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there are lots of good books on the topic, but I can't find them on the library shelves today.

I really like Alton Brown's books for a fun and simple take on the complicated topic.

Shirley Corriher has a couple books that are very good on this subject. I have Cookwise and really like it.

Happy Tuesday folks! :wave2:

Saw Toy Story & TS2 in :3dglasses last nite - amazing levels of detail - if you haven't seen it yet, get going!!! :teleport:

thanks for the welcome :)

i know what you mean about pav - it is nice and light and you can put whatever you want on it. the traditional pav is cream and fruit but i have seen chocolate ones - yum! :thumbsup2

and yep i did get to meet Pete and Walter. my husband Tim organised the meet which i didn't go to but we were lucky enough to hang out with them on another day. it's funny cause i wasn't really into the DIS before that but now i am the board member obsessively checking posts and Tim isn't even a member :rotfl:

Choc pav???!!! :worship: :worship: :rotfl:

Glad you're joining in the fun!! I recall Pete mentioning the organiser in one of the podcasts. I can imagine hanging out with Pete would be blast - esp in a Australia where he can quip about all things foreign :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

cheers,
:flower3:

Shirley Corriher has a couple books that are very good on this subject. I have Cookwise and really like it.

Yup- Cookwise is on the shelf in the library. I like books and magazines hat explain what happens when you use different ingredients - different flour, cold vs. cold, size of eggs.

Life should be fun. Cooking should be fun. Science should be fun. I think Alton brings all of those together.

Yes! We have gotten special grants for library materials for both nutrition and science. I try to get books and videos that are fun and make the subjects very accessible to everyone

Choc pav???!!! :worship: :worship: :rotfl:
yes! it is a *******ised version which pav purists would reject but to be honest... i am not a big pav fan. call me unAustralian but i prefer chocolatey dessert. so choc pav = awesome in my eyes :)

Glad you're joining in the fun!! I recall Pete mentioning the organiser in one of the podcasts. I can imagine hanging out with Pete would be blast - esp in a Australia where he can quip about all things foreign :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
yep that was the husband! we both got a mention which was lovely. my five minutes of DIS fame :rotfl:

and now for my big news...

WE'RE BOOKED ON THE CRUISE!
:yay::woohoo::cheer2::banana:

i am so excited it's not funny! :)

thanks for the welcome :)

i know what you mean about pav - it is nice and light and you can put whatever you want on it. the traditional pav is cream and fruit but i have seen chocolate ones - yum! :thumbsup2

and yep i did get to meet Pete and Walter. my husband Tim organised the meet which i didn't go to but we were lucky enough to hang out with them on another day. it's funny cause i wasn't really into the DIS before that but now i am the board member obsessively checking posts and Tim isn't even a member :rotfl:

Welcome to the club! :welcome::welcome:

Ok we are off, heading to WDW tomorrow. We're at a hotel tonight that we've never stayed at before because they had a $99 rate and we can park here while we're gone. THere is a shuttle to take us and pick us up from the airport. What could be wrong?

Our room is a bowl. Literally. The entire room slopes towards the middle of the room. The outer wall even slopes towards the middle of the room. If you jump on the floor in the middle of the room, the armoir opens and the tv comes out. I hope we wake up tomorrow on the second floor! Wish us well!!

Ok we are off, heading to WDW tomorrow. We're at a hotel tonight that we've never stayed at before because they had a $99 rate and we can park here while we're gone. THere is a shuttle to take us and pick us up from the airport. What could be wrong?

Our room is a bowl. Literally. The entire room slopes towards the middle of the room. The outer wall even slopes towards the middle of the room. If you jump on the floor in the middle of the room, the armoir opens and the tv comes out. I hope we wake up tomorrow on the second floor! Wish us well!!

Don't fall down!!! You won't be able to crawl back out. :rotfl2::rotfl:

And have a great trip!!!:yay:

Our room is a bowl. Literally. The entire room slopes towards the middle of the room.

Hope you sleep well. I will give you a hand to crawl out of the bowl if I can go with you - where ever you are going!

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Good luck Tracy! :grouphug:

To quote an episode of M*A*S*H.....

"Where do you flush this room?"

Happy Hump Day folks! :wave2:

We are planning on seeing Toy Story this weekend for date night. Can't wait.

:3dglasses Have a great time and remember to hang around for the 'outtakes' during the intermission :rotfl: :rotfl: You still have "date nite"?!!! :worship: :worship: :rotfl2:

and now for my big news...

WE'RE BOOKED ON THE CRUISE!
:yay::woohoo::cheer2::banana: i am so excited it's not funny! :)

Welcome to the madness! :dance3:

tracy, did they give you jackets with long sleeves when you checked in? :rotfl: I think the hotel was next door :lmao: :lmao:

cheers,
:flower3:

it's a podcast reference -

I'm working from home today. :)

My partner has hurting back that keeps him from travelling much. He keeps saying to live every day to the fullest. Really enjoy every day as it happens. Do not save up everything for the one big vacation.

I can't wait for PCC 2.0!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter