• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wii/DS Q/A thread. FAQ in first post! Game reviews in second post!

New Mario game? Comes out 11/15? DS13 hasn't even asked for it, don't think he knows about it. So, good Christmas present for the kid who's owned every Mario game ever made?

The only thing he's played on the wii in about a year is GH so I think he'll actually be excited when he opens this but I haven't heard anything about it. Feedback?

Is there any type of painting or similar game for the Wii that will be suitable for 5 year-olds? He's very adept at Wii games for his age.

Thanks,
Heather

Some of the mini-games in Cosmic Family are coloring ones, they give you a picture of the characters and you 'color them'. DD liked this part of the game best. Also there's a Crayola game, we haven't played it much (was a Costco cheapy) I think it has a coloring book, but you may have to 'unlock it' by playing the game.

The guy at gamestop told me my DS13 who plays all the guitar heros on expert will definitely NOT want Band hero. He said it's more for younger kids who like Hannah Montana. My DS13 actually thinks he might want it but he's not dying for it.

Don't know if that helped at all but that's what the gamestop dude said:confused3

My girls LOVE Hannah Montana that why I am thinking it's a perfect match for them. :thumbsup2

Now will it work on both RB and GH instuments? or just GH?

The rumor as of this morning is that with any $20 purchase customers will recieve "Lego Rock Band" free. No one seems sure if it's the actual game or just a demo. I'm expecting a demo, but with the less than stellar reviews the game has gotten they might actually be giving it away. :scared1:

I saw the ad on blackfriday gotta deal and didn't realize that there was a such a thing as video "demos". I thought that it was just a good marketing gimmic that would get me up super early. IF it is a Demo, they'd better tell people. I will be most UNPLEASED if it is!!

I saw the ad on blackfriday gotta deal and didn't realize that there was a such a thing as video "demos". I thought that it was just a good marketing gimmic that would get me up super early. IF it is a Demo, they'd better tell people. I will be most UNPLEASED if it is!!

There aren't usually actual demo disks, just demos that you can download directly onto your console. Very rarely, though, they give out disks that have a level or two of a game to get people more interested in it. It doesn't happen often, though - I can't remember the last time I saw that done. I'm hoping it will be the full game, but until I see the actual ad I'm not going to count on it. I'm sure that they will say in the ad if it isn't really the full game, but the person who wrote the article I read wasn't sure which it was going to be, so I'm guessing he had not seen the ad yet.

New Mario game? Comes out 11/15? DS13 hasn't even asked for it, don't think he knows about it. So, good Christmas present for the kid who's owned every Mario game ever made?

The only thing he's played on the wii in about a year is GH so I think he'll actually be excited when he opens this but I haven't heard anything about it. Feedback?
Anyone?

My girls LOVE Hannah Montana that why I am thinking it's a perfect match for them. :thumbsup2

Seems like the gamestop dude said it would work with GH guitars but not the drums???? I'm actually not really sure if I'm remembering right. Can anyone help with this?

There aren't usually actual demo disks, just demos that you can download directly onto your console. Very rarely, though, they give out disks that have a level or two of a game to get people more interested in it. It doesn't happen often, though - I can't remember the last time I saw that done. I'm hoping it will be the full game, but until I see the actual ad I'm not going to count on it. I'm sure that they will say in the ad if it isn't really the full game, but the person who wrote the article I read wasn't sure which it was going to be, so I'm guessing he had not seen the ad yet.

They did it for Zelda, we have it, and it seems I remember one other time they did it but DS has already gone to school so can not ask him.

I do know from DS that the guy at Gamestop is right, if you child plays GuitarHero he will not want anything else my son says there is no comparsion.

I knew I remembered it, I went and looked on his shelf and found it.

They call them Preview discs and the other one we have is a preview for 4 games: Sonic DX, Splinter Cell, Viewtiful Joe and Billy Hatcher.

I remember that this disk is why we bought Billy Hatcher at the time because it was so much fun to play.

The Games on the Disk usually have several levels on them so you get the feel of the game.

Not sure if the one on BF will be a preview disk or not but they have done them in the past for sure.

Found a scan of the ON ad and it says perferred platform only available on Friday. Can not read any of the other disclaimers on this deal off the scan though. From that I gather it is the full game unless they did a demo across the board but not sure that has ever been done.

Video Games
Free Lego Rock Band Video Game With Any $20 Purchase - $0.00
Free Rock Band Guitar With Purchase Of Rock Band 2 - $0.00

Does anyone know if the GHWT microphone is compatible with other games (ie - Sing It)? I would assume it would be, but just wanted to make sure.
TIA!:goodvibes

I'm almost positive this is a yes. Like 99% sure.

Yes! I think it's going to be great! Here's some info from IGN:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/104/1043474p1.html

This is the first game for the Wii that I've actually wanted to play in a loooong time.

Here's IGNs review...sounds like it'll be perfect for you.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/104/1041448p1.html
It'll play with the GH stuff, not sure about RB.. So far it seems like the GH stuff works with RB, but the RB doesn't work with GH.

We rented Lego Rock Band this weekend and it worked fine with DS11's GH guitar from GH3.

Thanks! It does make sense since that Guitar has worked with everything except the original Rock Band.

Seems to me that most of the stuff for the newer games are interchangeable.

Some of the mini-games in Cosmic Family are coloring ones, they give you a picture of the characters and you 'color them'. DD liked this part of the game best. Also there's a Crayola game, we haven't played it much (was a Costco cheapy) I think it has a coloring book, but you may have to 'unlock it' by playing the game.

Thanks, I'll check those out.

Also, I want to chime in a little on the Band Hero discussion. My kids are 5 and I think they are going to love Band Hero. Not sure what that says about older teens enjoying it....

I've asked two game store employees this question and got two different responses, both followed with, "but I'm not really sure. You could try." AHHH! I know that the Disers will set me on the right road!

We have Rock Band and Guitar Hero (only the Guitar). Is the new game Band Hero compatible with Rock Band, able to use the guitar, drums, and microphone in the Band Hero game?

Obviously the compatiblity guidelines on the box have not helped. Does anyone have Band Hero that they are using with the Rock Band Instruments?

I've asked two game store employees this question and got two different responses, both followed with, "but I'm not really sure. You could try." AHHH! I know that the Disers will set me on the right road!

We have Rock Band and Guitar Hero (only the Guitar). Is the new game Band Hero compatible with Rock Band, able to use the guitar, drums, and microphone in the Band Hero game?

Obviously the compatiblity guidelines on the box have not helped. Does anyone have Band Hero that they are using with the Rock Band Instruments?

Do you have RB1 or RB2?

We don't know for sure yet, none of the compatibility charts have been updated and no one has posted on here yet with a definitive answer.

I *think* that if you have RB2 it will all work since it works with GHWT, but I highly doubt it will work if you have RB1 since those instruments don't work with GHWT.

I just saw Dance Revolution Disney(with Mickey,Minnie etc..) at my local game store. Does any one know if this would be too hard for a 6 year old?

Hi, I thought I didn't need to worry about the DSi yet but since our DS broke in 2 last week, it looks like I need to catch up. :confused3 I need some help with finding info on the new DSi. Would someone point me in the right direction to find out the following questions?

is the DSi the exact same size as the DS? will the protective cases fit both?
is the charger the same?
What size MP is the camera?
how do you get the pictures off the DSi and saved to a computer?
or can you print from the DSi if your printer is on the wireless network?
is the internet feature an added cost?

Thanks so much!

I just saw Dance Revolution Disney(with Mickey,Minnie etc..) at my local game store. Does any one know if this would be too hard for a 6 year old?

My 6 yr old does ok with it. My 7 year old is pretty good. They both love it and will grow into it more as time goes by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter