• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wii/DS Q/A thread. FAQ in first post! Game reviews in second post!

is the DSi the exact same size as the DS? will the protective cases fit both?
is the charger the same? No, they are different sizes and require different protective cases, but you can use the same carrying case as the DSi will fit. The charger is also a different size. You cannot use the DS charger in a DSi

What size MP is the camera? Not sure off hand, but not very good quality. Fun to play around with though.

how do you get the pictures off the DSi and saved to a computer?
or can you print from the DSi if your printer is on the wireless network?
is the internet feature an added cost? Internet feature is a free download from the DSi shop. Pictures can be saved onto a SD card that you insert in the SD slot on the DSi.

That's about all I know. Hope it helps!

I've seen very bad reviews of the Nintendo DSLite 17 in 1 Bundle pack by DreamGear. Not bad reviews of the Nintendo ds lite, just the 17 in 1 bundle pack by Dream Gear. Does anyone know if I can purchase a different bundle pack, one not made by Dream Gear?

TIA, Karen :)

Is the new mario game for the wii the same as new super mario bros for DS?
We have the one for the DS, and I thought they were the same, but then I saw pics of the new one and it looks different. Thanks for any help.

Alisha

ok newbie here to the whole wii thing... kids are getting one for xmas....

I know they will love any of the guitar hero Band hero etc... this is a stupid question I'm sure, but do all of those "music" games require the purchase of the guitar or can you also you just the regular remote??

Also the Disney sing it pop seems to come with a micro phone, Does anyone know how many mics you can use at the same time?? should I have more than one mic?

TIA :)

Anyone know of a good cleaner for the screens on the DS/DSi??? Can you use the electronic wipes?? My screens need a good cleaning and the cleaning cloth I use isn't cutting it. Thanks!!

I've seen very bad reviews of the Nintendo DSLite 17 in 1 Bundle pack by DreamGear. Not bad reviews of the Nintendo ds lite, just the 17 in 1 bundle pack by Dream Gear. Does anyone know if I can purchase a different bundle pack, one not made by Dream Gear?

I wouldn't suggest a bundle pack. Most items can be purchased separately online for much less. I think you mentioned that these are for your young grandkids?? I would go with a cute soft bag to throw everything in. Walmart has a cute purse type bag for girls....I have one as does my DD7 and I just bought another one as a birthday gift for one of her friends. It has a side pocket on the outside and 2 inside pockets to put games in. Very cute!! Car chargers and stylus can be bought on Ebay for very cheap! I paid $0.01 per stylus for my DD7....and $2.50 for a car charger.

HI! So I got GREAT info here last year when we bought the Wii so I'm back for more! :thumbsup2

My DD's 12 and 9 have asked for guitar hero for xmas. Now I see there are many different ones including GH5 and GHWT. Then of course there's also Rock band as well, which I assume is similar.

They have only played GH at friends house and are not big "gamers", they play Wii occasionally just for fun.

That being said, what is my best bet for this purchase? If they decide to add other instruments (I can see them asking for a drum at some point) can that be added to GH? And what is the difference between GH5 and GHWT?

Alot of questions, I know! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Paula
:goodvibes

This is floating around the internet right now thought I would post it for everyone.

# Nintendo Wii

* Nerf-N-Strike bundle - $14.99 (50% off) Midnight Doorbuster
* Spore Hero - $24.99 (50% off) 5am Doorbuster
* Dead Space Extraction - $24.99 (50% off) 5am Doorbuster
* Wii Fit Accessories (50% off) 5am Doorbuster
* iCarly - $23.99 (Reg. 39.99) 5am Doorbuster
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Smashup - $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) 5am Doorbuster
* Sunny w/ a Chance of Meetballs - $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) 5am Doorbuster
* Scooby Doo - $23.99 (Reg. $39.99) 5am Doorbuster
* MySims Party - $9.99 (50% off)
* The Price is Right - $9.99 (50% off)
* imagine Party Babyz - $9.99 (50% off)
* Chrysler Classic Racing - $9.99 (50% off)
* Avatar The Last Airbender: Into the Inferno - $9.99 (50% off)
* Kawasaki Jet Ski - $9.99 (50% off)

Don't know if there is anything on this list waiting for maybe nerf-n-strike.

Is the new mario game for the wii the same as new super mario bros for DS?
We have the one for the DS, and I thought they were the same, but then I saw pics of the new one and it looks different. Thanks for any help.
Alisha

No it's a completely new, different game.

ok newbie here to the whole wii thing... kids are getting one for xmas....

I know they will love any of the guitar hero Band hero etc... this is a stupid question I'm sure, but do all of those "music" games require the purchase of the guitar or can you also you just the regular remote??

Also the Disney sing it pop seems to come with a micro phone, Does anyone know how many mics you can use at the same time?? should I have more than one mic?

TIA :)

The RB, GH games are completely pointless without the guitar.

There are only 2 singing games where you need more than one mic and Disney sing it isn't one of them...I don't know if you can play 2 player though.

Why in the world would you want a bundle pack? They almost always cost too much for a bunch of junk you totally don't need.

HI! So I got GREAT info here last year when we bought the Wii so I'm back for more! :thumbsup2

My DD's 12 and 9 have asked for guitar hero for xmas. Now I see there are many different ones including GH5 and GHWT. Then of course there's also Rock band as well, which I assume is similar.

They have only played GH at friends house and are not big "gamers", they play Wii occasionally just for fun.

That being said, what is my best bet for this purchase? If they decide to add other instruments (I can see them asking for a drum at some point) can that be added to GH? And what is the difference between GH5 and GHWT?

Alot of questions, I know! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Paula
:goodvibes

Please see post #6 in this thead--the all new GH/RB FAQ.

GH5 only works with guitars. GHWT is the whole band.

I would suggest you look at Band Hero. The song choices and difficulty level my be more appropriate for your DDs...just google for a song list for the different games to get an idea.

Please see post #6 in this thead--the all new GH/RB FAQ.

GH5 only works with guitars. GHWT is the whole band.

I would suggest you look at Band Hero. The song choices and difficulty level my be more appropriate for your DDs...just google for a song list for the different games to get an idea.

I don't know for sure about the Wii version, but the XBox 360 version of Guitar Hero 5 does use the drums and vocals as well as the guitars. In fact it uses any combination of instruments, so you could have two lead guitarists and two drummers or other combinations like that. I don't know why they didn't publicize that part more. It might not be the case for the Wii, but I'd double check before ruling that one out if that's the only strike against it.

I agree, though, that Band Hero might be a better choice for the girls in question. The lyrics aren't always family friendly in the GH games, and they can be surprisingly difficult.

We bought the new Mario Bros. game for the Wii that came out today , and Whoa ,
it is SOOOOOOOO much fun. Adult Daughter and I were playing it tonight and there is no
split screen when we both play , it was just a hoot. Our characters were falling all over each other trying to figure out how it works.

Its a great game, you won't be dissapointed.

JMHO

This is floating around the internet right now thought I would post it for everyone.

# Nintendo Wii

* Nerf-N-Strike bundle - $14.99 (50% off) Midnight Doorbuster
* Spore Hero - $24.99 (50% off) 5am Doorbuster
* Dead Space Extraction - $24.99 (50% off) 5am Doorbuster
* Wii Fit Accessories (50% off) 5am Doorbuster
* iCarly - $23.99 (Reg. 39.99) 5am Doorbuster
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Smashup - $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) 5am Doorbuster
* Sunny w/ a Chance of Meetballs - $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) 5am Doorbuster
* Scooby Doo - $23.99 (Reg. $39.99) 5am Doorbuster
* MySims Party - $9.99 (50% off)
* The Price is Right - $9.99 (50% off)
* imagine Party Babyz - $9.99 (50% off)
* Chrysler Classic Racing - $9.99 (50% off)
* Avatar The Last Airbender: Into the Inferno - $9.99 (50% off)
* Kawasaki Jet Ski - $9.99 (50% off)

Don't know if there is anything on this list waiting for maybe nerf-n-strike.

Thanks for the post Justin. :thumbsup2

Just finished HoTD Overkill (story mode) and really enjoyed it. Not a family game at all (too much vulgarity) but a great on rails shooter for an older casual gamer like myself. I'm probably going to grab Dead Space Extraction at 50% off.

Well, actually my wife will be at that hour. :lmao:

I don't know for sure about the Wii version, but the XBox 360 version of Guitar Hero 5 does use the drums and vocals as well as the guitars. In fact it uses any combination of instruments, so you could have two lead guitarists and two drummers or other combinations like that. I don't know why they didn't publicize that part more. It might not be the case for the Wii, but I'd double check before ruling that one out if that's the only strike against it.

I agree, though, that Band Hero might be a better choice for the girls in question. The lyrics aren't always family friendly in the GH games, and they can be surprisingly difficult.

OMG How did I not know that!! Thanks so much for posting that.

I have to read through this thread. My dd10 is asking for a wii this Christmas so now I must learn all there is to know! I think I'm basically looking to buy the console, an extra pair of remotes/nunchucks, and one game (probably the new Mario). Just looking for the best deal.

I have to read through this thread. My dd10 is asking for a wii this Christmas so now I must learn all there is to know! I think I'm basically looking to buy the console, an extra pair of remotes/nunchucks, and one game (probably the new Mario). Just looking for the best deal.

Target has Wii for $199.99 and get a $20 gift card starting today until Weds. I am finally going to get it this morning, if I find a better deal I can always return it.

Also, Target has some cheap games for $14.99 and some are pretty good for kids. Here is a coupon link for $10 off 2 games. I ended up buying a bunch of cheap ones and when I got home I looked up the reviews on Amazon and took back anything that did lousy. I ended up keeping a Build a Bear and a Littlest Pet Shop game.

http://offers.e-centives.com/mcp/pd...R4c93o1gkj41O5ulPo3kqrkAD0f7zXz8B8AmHFfitlg==

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter