Official Wii/DS Q/A thread. FAQ in first post! Game reviews in second post!

Target has Wii for $199.99 and get a $20 gift card starting today until Weds. I am finally going to get it this morning, if I find a better deal I can always return it.

Also, Target has some cheap games for $14.99 and some are pretty good for kids. Here is a coupon link for $10 off 2 games. I ended up buying a bunch of cheap ones and when I got home I looked up the reviews on Amazon and took back anything that did lousy. I ended up keeping a Build a Bear and a Littlest Pet Shop game.

http://offers.e-centives.com/mcp/pd...R4c93o1gkj41O5ulPo3kqrkAD0f7zXz8B8AmHFfitlg==

Thank you for the coupon link! I did see the Target deal but was unsure if I should snag that now or wait for something better. Walmart.com has a bundle for $249 that comes with Super Mario and an extra remote. I guess I'd only be getting the remote for free since the game is about $50 anyway. I guess I might hit up Target in two hours. :goodvibes

I have to read through this thread. My dd10 is asking for a wii this Christmas so now I must learn all there is to know! I think I'm basically looking to buy the console, an extra pair of remotes/nunchucks, and one game (probably the new Mario). Just looking for the best deal.

Look at today's Best Buy ad, there are a list of games and accessories... buy get a $5 gc, buy 2 and get $20.

We bought the new Mario Bros. game for the Wii that came out today , and Whoa ,
it is SOOOOOOOO much fun. Adult Daughter and I were playing it tonight and there is no
split screen when we both play , it was just a hoot. Our characters were falling all over each other trying to figure out how it works.

Its a great game, you won't be dissapointed.

JMHO

What is the new Mario Bros. game called? It is Winter Olympics?

OK, we're finally going to break down and get the kids a wii for Christmas this year. :santa: We have a PS2 and they still play it EVERY day--mostly NCAA '09, interspersed with the occasional Madden, NHL, or MLB game. :upsidedow You get the idea that they like sports. They will get some wii-specific games (Mario, Toy Story Mania--OK, that one is for me ;) --and whatever else) from aunts and uncles, but my question is...should we get the NCAA '10 for the wii, or PS2? Of course it is cheaper for PS2, but does the wii version have any special features that take advantage of the wii technology? :confused3

I'm sure we won't have to make the choice much longer, as I imagine they'll stop making PS2 games before too long!
Thanks for any advice you can give me! :goodvibes

OK, we're finally going to break down and get the kids a wii for Christmas this year. :santa: We have a PS2 and they still play it EVERY day--mostly NCAA '09, interspersed with the occasional Madden, NHL, or MLB game. :upsidedow You get the idea that they like sports. They will get some wii-specific games (Mario, Toy Story Mania--OK, that one is for me ;) --and whatever else) from aunts and uncles, but my question is...should we get the NCAA '10 for the wii, or PS2? Of course it is cheaper for PS2, but does the wii version have any special features that take advantage of the wii technology? :confused3

I'm sure we won't have to make the choice much longer, as I imagine they'll stop making PS2 games before too long!
Thanks for any advice you can give me! :goodvibes

This will make your decision easy...they didn't make ncaa '10 for the wii. I guess they didn't think it turned out that good in '09 which was the only year they made it. My mom is getting ds11 a ps3 for xmas and that is one of the two games she is getting him (along with Arkham Asylum).

Okay, so the Wii is still topping the wishlist this year, so we're going to cave and get it. ;) Got the Amazon wii/wiifit/balance board deal so far. I'm thinking we'll get the new Super Mario game. So now all I need is the best deal on a wiimote or the wiiplay game that comes with the wiimote. Anyone know of a deal?

Also, when is the new Super Mario galaxy coming out? I've heard great reviews of the first one, so I didn't know if I should get that one or wait for the newer version.

I know this isn't a lot to play on Christmas morning, but hopefully it will be a good start!

I am planning on getting my 13 year old daughter a couple of wii games for Christmas. She's not a huge video game player but does enjoy it. Can anyone give me any reviews on the following games:

Toy Story Mania
Super Mario Brothers
Wii Sports Resort

These are the three that she has mentioned and I would like to choose 2. Thanks!

Hi Everyone my DD 14 asked for Rock Band for her Wii. The more I read the more confused I get.

What do I need to by and what is the exact name? Is everything included or do I need to buy guitar, drums, etc ala carte?

I really do not understand what "rock band" is and what it includes.

Thank you.

I am planning on getting my 13 year old daughter a couple of wii games for Christmas. She's not a huge video game player but does enjoy it. Can anyone give me any reviews on the following games:

Toy Story Mania
Super Mario Brothers
Wii Sports Resort

These are the three that she has mentioned and I would like to choose 2. Thanks!

I rented TSM and DD(10) said she did not want it after that. It was too easy she said. :confused3 She loves Mario and I got her Wii Sports Resort for her as a gift as well.

Hi Everyone my DD 14 asked for Rock Band for her Wii. The more I read the more confused I get.

What do I need to by and what is the exact name? Is everything included or do I need to buy guitar, drums, etc ala carte?

I really do not understand what "rock band" is and what it includes.

Thank you.

I think what you want is the Rock Band for Wii complete set. It comes with drums, 1 guitar, and microphone. If you want, you can buy a 2nd guitar. (Guitar was my kids' favorite instrument so I got a second one, found in the same area.) They do sell the game and instruments separately but I wouldn't bother.
You can also get the Rock Band trackpacks--there are several available now. You can use those with the instruments. Or you cna get a wii Points card and download songs, if your wii is connected to the internet.

All you really need is the set.

I think what you want is the Rock Band for Wii complete set. It comes with drums, 1 guitar, and microphone. If you want, you can buy a 2nd guitar. (Guitar was my kids' favorite instrument so I got a second one, found in the same area.) They do sell the game and instruments separately but I wouldn't bother.
You can also get the Rock Band trackpacks--there are several available now. You can use those with the instruments. Or you cna get a wii Points card and download songs, if your wii is connected to the internet.

All you really need is the set.

Thanks for the information. I have not found anything called " rock band the complete set." " Is Rock Band 2 Special addition" the complete set?

Thanks for the help

If it's in a big box, then yes, that's the complete set. Just look on the back of the box or ask the sales person and they should guide you.

This will make your decision easy...they didn't make ncaa '10 for the wii. I guess they didn't think it turned out that good in '09 which was the only year they made it. My mom is getting ds11 a ps3 for xmas and that is one of the two games she is getting him (along with Arkham Asylum).

Just a warning Arkham Asylum is VERY mature..this is NOT a kids batman game.

Okay, so the Wii is still topping the wishlist this year, so we're going to cave and get it. ;) Got the Amazon wii/wiifit/balance board deal so far. I'm thinking we'll get the new Super Mario game. So now all I need is the best deal on a wiimote or the wiiplay game that comes with the wiimote. Anyone know of a deal?

Also, when is the new Super Mario galaxy coming out? I've heard great reviews of the first one, so I didn't know if I should get that one or wait for the newer version.

I know this isn't a lot to play on Christmas morning, but hopefully it will be a good start!

BUY the first SM Galaxy game..well worth it and since the story is supposed to be attached to it for SMG2 you might want to be up to date..and SMG2 isn't on the way anytime soon...not till at least next summer but more likely not till next fall.

Am thinking of getting the Wii Play from Amazon for $40.77 b/c I need a second remote. Does that sound like a good price?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter