"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

After reading this all maybe I should rent an extra night and not do party on arrival day next year.

After reading this all maybe I should rent an extra night and not do party on arrival day next year.

I'm thinking the same thing! The airline we usually use would have us land around 11am, so I figured we'd go to the hotel and rest a while before heading to the party. People made good points about the possibility of delays and that kind of thing. Maybe we should fly in the day before and just stay somewhere cheap overnight? I'm going to think about it!

Does anyone know if they offer the Pirates & Pals cruise on MVMCP nights? Booked for MVMCP for Nov. 29th but going to MK on Dec 1. Thought it would be nice to do the Pirates & Pals that night.

If I have a party ticket and and Annual Pass, can I choose to make my 3 fastpasses for the day at any park, or must they be made during the pre-party window at MK? (I assume I cannot make 3 early at another park, plus 3 during 3:30-6:30 at MK)

Haven't bought tickets yet (this week) but already got our hotel booked, and planning on attending MCVMCP on 13 December! The planning is getting me excited, I can't wait to surprise the kids! I want to surprise them the night before with either an Elf on the Shelf clue, or some type of 'twas the night before christmas' poem, even though we're going 10 days early... Lol

Also, for anyone that's done MVMCP with kids before, what are the 'must do's' for 8-9 yr olds?? We will do the party night, then do a separate day at MK with our tickets.. So from 4 p.m till midnite it's all things Christmas Mickey. :) Also have a 2.5 yr old who is OBSESSED with 'Oh Toodles!' I doubt he will sleep that night at all.

We don't plan on doing a reservation this day (except maybe Illuminations, unless someone says there's better viewing from somewhere else) we're going to chill at the hotel that day, maybe do a breakfast reservation at AK lodge or something (haven't decided yet) so we can all be well rested for the party. FP... ehh, unless it's Dumbo, Tea cups, Winnie the pooh or Magic Carpet ride, not really counting on this. Might do Splash/Space Mtn for the olders, and maybe 7 Dwarfs, as it was in building when we last visited.. other than that though, we'll save the rides for our full MK day.

So if you have suggestions as to an itinerary for the day, let me know! I'm new and quite overwhelmed with all this planning stuff (last time used a TA, and FP+ wasn't even available).

Thanks!

I see the Halloween Party has a special desert party that includes seating for the parade. Does MVMCP typically do this too? and is it relatively worth it?

Question:

I bought MVMCP tix for Nov 29, but we are considering changing the dates of our trip to the next week. Does anyone know if Disney will allow me to switch these to party tix during that next week?

Haven't bought tickets yet (this week) but already got our hotel booked, and planning on attending MCVMCP on 13 December! The planning is getting me excited, I can't wait to surprise the kids! I want to surprise them the night before with either an Elf on the Shelf clue, or some type of 'twas the night before christmas' poem, even though we're going 10 days early... Lol

I'll see you at MVMCP on 13th.

If you're going to suprise the kids, how about the Elf on the Shelf tells the kids that there will be a big surprise "tomorrow morning" and when the kids wake up, they'll see the bags packed by the door with a stuffed Santa Mickey on them saying "Merry Christmas and have a great trip."

Do characters generally stay the same year to year? Our must meets are Scrooge and Winnie the Pooh and friends in their winter gear. DH isn't too excited for seven dwarfs since we met them at Halloween. Are there any other must do's you guys recommend or any strategy you can share for meeting those? We plan on doing the second parade, and hitting up rides with FP+ before the actual party starts.

Question:

I bought MVMCP tix for Nov 29, but we are considering changing the dates of our trip to the next week. Does anyone know if Disney will allow me to switch these to party tix during that next week?
nit sure if they do or not

Last edited:
They do, I'm trying to figure out the latter though of if its worth it. Haven't done it yet, but I did ask on the main boards and got 1 response saying no..
From what I understand, they don't have to - they are sold as non-refundable. But sometimes a CM will let you. This is just what I have read... haven't tried myself.

^^I quoted the wrong message. Lol
I meant to quote the message about the dessert, not the party tix. Those I have no idea if they will refund or exchange. I'm sorry!

I see the Halloween Party has a special desert party that includes seating for the parade. Does MVMCP typically do this too? and is it relatively worth it?

I don't think there is, which is a bummer for me, because I'd have totally paid for it!

If you're talking about the Wishes Dessert reservation, then Yes, it's also available during MVMCP. If it's something different, I'm not sure. But the Wishes dessert reservation includes patio seating where you can see the Castle show and the fireworks.

I've had one person say it wasn't worth it. We're considering doing it as well.

I've heard it's absolutely not worth it. At both parties, you get free treats (Halloween = candy, Christmas = cookies and cocoa). Paying extra money for desserts that takes time away from the party you paid for doesn't really make much sense. Especially if you have a big family, then you might be paying hundreds of dollars for the dessert party when you just spent hundreds of dollars to be able to do & see the seasonal attractions...

But, everyone can & should make their own choices! That's just what I've heard, so I know we're not going to do the dessert party.

Question:

I bought tickets last year and ended up not be able to go to Disney...called them and they gave me a refund even though it said "non-refundable" so maybe they will work with you on changing party dates. Best of Luck! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter