"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

I've been checking Be Our Guest to open up for reservations on MVMCP nights almost daily. I just saw they're open! But I checked my date (Nov 15), and there are no times available. People must be good at checking that each morning! I can't believe they are all gone already.

Bummer now paying for 5 (3 adults, 2 kids) when our last trip and the Christmas party was 2 adults, 2 kids, one free. Sticker shock to say the least.

if I am reading it correctly the Halloween party is not called Wishes Desert and includes PARADE spot and the stuff that we are used to for WISHES desert party. I wondered if it might be for MVMCP too as a spot for the parade that allows me to see the first parade on main street without waiting may be more valuable to me than staking out that spot an hour in advance...we have kids that don't make it until midnight so 2nd parade has always meant kids sleep and we parents enjoy :(

Hey guys! I apologize in advance if this has been answered. I'm not going to MVMCP THIS year, but am thinking ahead to next year. I know that Dec 22nd date this year is kind of a new thing, I've read it ended on/around the 18th last year. That left a full week before Christmas to see the Holiday Wishes fireworks and Christmas Parade with just a regular MK admission. With this Dec 22nd party added on, does that mean they won't run Holiday Wishes and the Christmas Parade until the 23rd for non-party days? So basically the 23, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day?
In other words, is it correct that MK won't be running the Christmas parade and Holiday Wishes this year on the 19th-21st since there is a party on the 22nd?

Hey guys! I apologize in advance if this has been answered. I'm not going to MVMCP THIS year, but am thinking ahead to next year. I know that Dec 22nd date this year is kind of a new thing, I've read it ended on/around the 18th last year. That left a full week before Christmas to see the Holiday Wishes fireworks and Christmas Parade with just a regular MK admission. With this Dec 22nd party added on, does that mean they won't run Holiday Wishes and the Christmas Parade until the 23rd for non-party days? So basically the 23, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day?
In other words, is it correct that MK won't be running the Christmas parade and Holiday Wishes this year on the 19th-21st since there is a party on the 22nd?

That is correct. It might run the week after Christmas too, but definitely not before the final party has been held.

I would love to hear if they are going to have a dessert party- for the Christmas party that would include firework view and parade seating too.

First MVMCP for me and make my ADR's in a few days. Are restaurants open normal operating hours and do they still takes ADR's? What's everyone's strategy for those days? Early dinner, quick service?

First MVMCP for me and make my ADR's in a few days. Are restaurants open normal operating hours and do they still takes ADR's? What's everyone's strategy for those days? Early dinner, quick service?

Are you doing a park on one of those days? We usually were in a park that day and would do a nice table service dinner around 4:15. That would fill us up for the evening and get us off our feet for a while. After dinner we would go stake out a spot in one of the high demand character lines. That kept us deep into the park so we didn't experience any of the traffic on Main Street as the day guests left and the party guests entered.

If we weren't doing a park that day, I would still want to enter right at 4 and do my best to avoid Main Street until time to get a spot for the parade or fireworks. I would still use that time to eat and stake out a character line, although it would be less important to do TS since getting off my feet for a while wouldn't be as much of a priority.

Either way, there's nothing better than starting off a night at MVMCP with dinner in the castle. :wizard:

This is our first MVMCP, but we did MNSSHP last year. We are going to Disney Springs on party day and having TS lunch there, then we will grab QS/snacks during the 4-7 pre party time (we are only using our party tickets that day).

We're also doing Disney Springs that day then a late lunch at Whispering Canyon. Planning to arrive at park around 4. We don't have a game plan as far as what we want to do at the party. We've never done one.

Another family that is going to Disney Springs for the day, with a break before heading to the party at 4pm. Hoping to get some fastpasses between 3:30 - 6:30 and get in line for the dwarves.

Just bought our MVMCP tickets this morning! We were waiting to finalize ADRs before committing to a date. So here it is:

Dec. 15th
2 adults, 2 kids

I have a question regarding FP and MVMCP. Is it true that you get 3 FP to use after 7pm if you have a ticket to the party. If so, when I book my FP for my REGULAR ADMISSION park tickets that day, will I also be able to book 3 more FP in the MDE app for the evening (for a total of 6 that day) if I have my party tickets linked?

We're planning a Disney Springs day after Boma breakfast on our party day! Planning to get there around 4 and hopefully do some FPs until 6.

Just bought our MVMCP tickets this morning! We were waiting to finalize ADRs before committing to a date. So here it is:

Dec. 15th
2 adults, 2 kids

I have a question regarding FP and MVMCP. Is it true that you get 3 FP to use after 7pm if you have a ticket to the party. If so, when I book my FP for my REGULAR ADMISSION park tickets that day, will I also be able to book 3 more FP in the MDE app for the evening (for a total of 6 that day) if I have my party tickets linked?

We haven't bought our tickets yet. Was waiting till ADRs to be done too. I guess I can buy them now.

I haven't read anything about being able to book fast passes during the party. That sounds awesome though.

I believe FPs are only available prior to the party. For MNSSHP, without regular admission and party ticket only, we were able to book 3 FPs, with the ending time no later than 6:30 PM.

I have never heard of anyone being able to book FPs on both regular and party tickets.

This is our first MVMCP, but we did MNSSHP last year. We are going to Disney Springs on party day and having TS lunch there, then we will grab QS/snacks during the 4-7 pre party time (we are only using our party tickets that day).

Thanks for all the suggestions. We are staying club level at the Poly so we'll probably hang around the resort most of the day then hit the party right at 4.

Honestly, I think our only priorities is seeing the decorations and seeing Christmas parade/Holiday Wishes, and perhaps so low wait rides. I don't we''ll do any M&G's. Perhaps I'll try to get BOG that night if possible.

Is there a listing somewhere of rides/restaurants that are open??

I don't think anything is definite yet but prep school had a good blogpost that listed what was open last year if you want to get an idea for this one.

Dec. 15th
2 adults, 2 kids

Not if linked. If MYW tickets are under your account, then MVMCP tickets need to be under spouse account in order to get 6 FP+.
FP+ times for party are 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30 & 5:30-6:30.

if I am reading it correctly the Halloween party is not called Wishes Desert and includes PARADE spot and the stuff that we are used to for WISHES desert party. I wondered if it might be for MVMCP too as a spot for the parade that allows me to see the first parade on main street without waiting may be more valuable to me than staking out that spot an hour in advance...we have kids that don't make it until midnight so 2nd parade has always meant kids sleep and we parents enjoy :(

I would say that MVMCP will not have any special dessert parties like MNSSHP since no information has been released & nothing has been done in the past. MNSSHP has the Happy HalloWishes Dessert Premium Package which includes dessert party and special viewing for 1st parade & fireworks. The Wishes Dessert Party is typically offered during MVMCP.

We did the Wishes Dessert Party during MVMCP in 2014. We arrived about 20 minutes prior to fireworks to enjoy more of the party. DD8 was 5 at the time, wasn't sure how she would do that late and with crowds. So party was totally worth it for her to enjoy treats, good view of fireworks & Castle show for her without being on DH shoulders and she could sit down. View of Tinkerbell was great from dessert party. Desserts and hot cocoa were good, better than I expected.

EDIT: Holiday Wishes Dessert Party is now being offered. Special viewing of parade & fireworks included.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter