"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

Yes. The consensus seems to be to book your three FP+ back-to-back-to-back, starting at 3:30pm with your party ticket. MDE just sees that you have a valid ticket medium that is eligible for FP+. Technically, you could schedule an FP+ for noon. You wouldn't be able to use it but technically you could schedule it.

Out of curiosity, what time do you land on your arrival day? I have also scheduled a party on our arrival day. We land at 1:04pm at MCO and hope to be able to take DME to check-in at POFQ and then head to MK for the 4pm entry into the park. I don't know if my timeline is too aggressive, but I'm hopeful.
I passed on the 1:30 arrival and decided to take the early flight and land at the ungodly 8:30am instead. I have other things to take care of and want to be sure to get that done PLUS arrive at MK by 4pm. So for us, that was too late. But I have options and other considerations. Technically you could expect to checkin by 3:00 and then turn around and bus to MK well before 5pm. I think 4pm might be tight, but you certainly shouldn't miss any of the official party hours unless your flight is extremely late.

I don't have a time we land ours is dec 2017 im just an early planer but i do plan to take the earliest flight or even one the day before and just pay for a hotel night use the first day as hotel day and then the party not sure yet.

So excited for our first party! With the park opening 3 hours before the party starts do lines start to form early? Want to get seven dwarfs pic first....

Is there a list anywhere of things you can Only do or see at the party? Is ana and Elsa in the same dresses as they are during the days? Can you see the 7 dwarves anywhere else? is Bell in her Christmas dress at the party if she is at the party? I heard she was in her Christmas dress in Epcot after thanksgiving not sure how reliable that is?

Just bought our MVMCP tix!!! Dec 1! Our first time at WDW at the holidays after many spring break trips. So excited!

Just bought our MVMCP tix!!! Dec 1! Our first time at WDW at the holidays after many spring break trips. So excited!
Cool! We'll be there the same night. If you see a large family with multiple strollers and stressed out parents, that's us! ;)

But really, its our first time too!

Is there a list anywhere of things you can Only do or see at the party? Is ana and Elsa in the same dresses as they are during the days? Can you see the 7 dwarves anywhere else? is Bell in her Christmas dress at the party if she is at the party? I heard she was in her Christmas dress in Epcot after thanksgiving not sure how reliable that is?

Check out this link for more party info: http://www.kennythepirate.com/events/mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party/

Anna & Elsa were the same as during the day. Though not sure if they will meet at parties once they move over to Epcot.

Seven Dwarfs only meet at the Halloween/Christmas parties.

Belle hasn't met in her Christmas dress at the party in several years. Not sure about Epcot, sorry.

Belle last met in her Christmas dress at MVMCP in 2011. Once NFL opened, she no longer appeared at the party.

She has traditionally appeared in her Christmas dress at Akershus, but much closer to Christmas itself. We never saw her in it on our mid-December trips.

Hi there :wave: I have been planning my very first Disney trip ever with enormous help from these boards, and just found this thread!

My boyfriend and I are going 12/2-12/7! I am struggling with whether or not to get tickets to the party, probably 12/6. That was originally the day I had planned for a half day at MK in the morning and then doing the Wanayama Safari at AKL that afternoon. I can nix that for the party, but if I leave the park and come back for the party, is it okay to come back after 7? We won't do character meets, and the parades aren't of interest. I just want to walk around MK and soak up the Xmas vibe, ride with shorter lines, and see the fireworks.

The purpose of our morning at MK is to get some souvenirs that we won't get around to on our first day, have a PPO breakfast, and explore the park on a lower crowd day. I'm scheduling breaks on each day, which is why coming back before 4 won't make much sense. I saw an earlier post mention that trying to come in between 4-7 is a bad idea with day guests/party guests mixing in and out, but maybe after 7 would be okay? Would really appreciate the advice, it will help me decide if the party is something we want to do! :goodvibes

Hi there :wave: I have been planning my very first Disney trip ever with enormous help from these boards, and just found this thread!

My boyfriend and I are going 12/2-12/7! I am struggling with whether or not to get tickets to the party, probably 12/6. That was originally the day I had planned for a half day at MK in the morning and then doing the Wanayama Safari at AKL that afternoon. I can nix that for the party, but if I leave the park and come back for the party, is it okay to come back after 7? We won't do character meets, and the parades aren't of interest. I just want to walk around MK and soak up the Xmas vibe, ride with shorter lines, and see the fireworks.

The purpose of our morning at MK is to get some souvenirs that we won't get around to on our first day, have a PPO breakfast, and explore the park on a lower crowd day. I'm scheduling breaks on each day, which is why coming back before 4 won't make much sense. I saw an earlier post mention that trying to come in between 4-7 is a bad idea with day guests/party guests mixing in and out, but maybe after 7 would be okay? Would really appreciate the advice, it will help me decide if the party is something we want to do! :goodvibes

It's not that entering between 4-7 is a bad idea. Just about every party guest will arrive in that window to maximize party time. I believe the post you are referencing was just noting that crowds will be higher during that time and guests will both be entering and leaving the park, creating a bit of a traffic jam. You can certainly enter the party after 7pm, but there's no harm in entering sooner.

Plenty of guests skip the meet and greets. If you are looking for the shortest ride lines then during the party is the best you'll get during your trip. Everything other than 7DMT and PP is 10 minutes or less (with plenty of walk on's). We went a couple years ago and my kids don't like the loud bangs of the fireworks, so we walked onto VotLM four times in a row to get away from the noise.

Everyone approaches the parties differently. Soaking in the ambiance and taking advantages of short ride lines is definitely one of those approaches. You will look back at going to the party as one of the great decisions you made on the trip.

You can enter whatever time you like, but just keep in mind what you are paying for. Most people like to maximize the time they get for the price they are paying! Even if you choose not to enter at 4, I would definitely say be in the park by 7pm when the party starts.

It's not that entering between 4-7 is a bad idea. Just about every party guest will arrive in that window to maximize party time. I believe the post you are referencing was just noting that crowds will be higher during that time and guests will both be entering and leaving the park, creating a bit of a traffic jam. You can certainly enter the party after 7pm, but there's no harm in entering sooner.

Plenty of guests skip the meet and greets. If you are looking for the shortest ride lines then during the party is the best you'll get during your trip. Everything other than 7DMT and PP is 10 minutes or less (with plenty of walk on's). We went a couple years ago and my kids don't like the loud bangs of the fireworks, so we walked onto VotLM four times in a row to get away from the noise.

Everyone approaches the parties differently. Soaking in the ambiance and taking advantages of short ride lines is definitely one of those approaches. You will look back at going to the party as one of the great decisions you made on the trip.

You can enter whatever time you like, but just keep in mind what you are paying for. Most people like to maximize the time they get for the price they are paying! Even if you choose not to enter at 4, I would definitely say be in the park by 7pm when the party starts.

thank you both, that helps!

Yes. The consensus seems to be to book your three FP+ back-to-back-to-back, starting at 3:30pm with your party ticket. MDE just sees that you have a valid ticket medium that is eligible for FP+. Technically, you could schedule an FP+ for noon. You wouldn't be able to use it but technically you could schedule it.

Out of curiosity, what time do you land on your arrival day? I have also scheduled a party on our arrival day. We land at 1:04pm at MCO and hope to be able to take DME to check-in at POFQ and then head to MK for the 4pm entry into the park. I don't know if my timeline is too aggressive, but I'm hopeful.

Last year we went to MNSSHP and our flight landed at 1:40 (We can't ever get flights earlier than that out of Omaha) We made it, but it was tight and a little stressful for us. We felt like we were really rushing through MCO, were sweating inline for Magical Express and were borderline snippy by the time we got checked in. Once we got to MK, (right at 4) we got back into our magical mood, but it wasn't the greatest way to start. Magical Express seemed REALLY slow though, we didn't get a bus for over 20 minutes and usually we only wait like 5. This year we decided to fly in a day early, stay at the hotel in MCO and then hop on ME for our check in date and party the next morning. I think this will be a lot less worrisome for us. (Side note, for some odd reason I've always thought it would be super cool to stay in the hotel there, so I'm weirdly excited for this) To sum it up, you should be able to make it, just keep in mind it might get a little close :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter