"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

Anyone attend the dessert party last night or plan on attending one on a party night soon? I have it booked for a party night (12/16) but on the fence about keeping it and hoping for some early reviews:). TIA!!

Can u line up without Christmas party ticket? I have a ticket just curious if others try to line up knowing they will. E done prior to party?
No-let me rephrase they could line up before the line officially starts (when cast members actually start staffing the line) but they will the walk through the line and check everyone already in the line for a party bracelet. That was my experience with the Seven Dwarves which was a similar situation (they started meeting at 6:15 so people lined up well in advance of that). We got in line around 5:45 and about 6 or so the line was staffed by cast members and they checked everyone already in line for a bracelet (gave us all candy too for showing it).

Is there a Reindeer meet and greet? I remember seeing them last year - near Aladdin carpets I believe. My DDs really want a photo with the reindeer but don't see them on the meet and greet list.

I have a 6:45 pm BOG for our party night as well that I'm 99.9% sure I'm gonna keep based on:
  • Not traveling with kids
  • Not interested in getting to meet any characters
  • Definitely want to stay until 11pm parade
  • Must Dos are: SDMT (FP+), Haunted Mansion, BTMRR, Jingle Cruise, Buzz(FP+), Pirates, PeopleMover (yeah, just love it)
Would be willing to move it up JUST a smidge tho!
I'm leaning towards not keeping. The party is too expensive to potentially miss the beginning.

THIS. I feel like a person needs to choose between the popular characters (KtP thinks Judy and Nick will be a CRAZY line since they're new and a party-exclusive) and eating a nice dinner. I can't imagine the line you'll find if you can't line up until after 7 for both Sandy Claws AND Nick & Judy! :scared1: Throwing a 3yo into the mix on top of all that and I would be making difficult choices at that point. I would choose one OR the other, not both. Do BOG if that's important to you but then decide to skip those characters, maybe go for some of the less popular ones later on if you want. OR skip BOG (you did it last time, right? So it's nothing new) and opt for making either Sandy Claws or Nick & Judy your priority and line up for that one first. Anticipate that you will only be able to do one or the other and be happily surprised if it works out to do both character greets. Just my 2 cents. I've never been to a party yet, but I've been reading the MNSSHP threads and trip reports with great interest and most people, especially those with young children, seem to have tough choices to make in order to get the most out of their party time, which includes ENJOYING it. ;)
I keep reading about how long the lines to meet the characters are. Can someone give me a realistic expectation on lines for either Sandy Claws, 7D and Nick and Judy (I know they are new). What time would we need to line up? I see that some of the characters start meeting prior to 7p. I'm leaning toward dropping the ADR but not sure I (or grumpy DH or wild DD3) can stand in line an hour to meet anyone. I just need a realistic expectation of game plan for party night.

I keep reading about how long the lines to meet the characters are. Can someone give me a realistic expectation on lines for either Sandy Claws, 7D and Nick and Judy (I know they are new). What time would we need to line up? I see that some of the characters start meeting prior to 7p. I'm leaning toward dropping the ADR but not sure I (or grumpy DH or wild DD3) can stand in line an hour to meet anyone. I just need a realistic expectation of game plan for party night.

The three you mention are three of the most popular. A poster upthread said they got in line for N&J at 5:45 and they were not first in line. N&J started meeting at 6:15. They didn't say when they got to the front, but my guess is they ended up with at least a 45 min wait. Then you have to go get in another line that has been forming since 4:00 or so and wait again. I'm sorry, but I just don't see this happening with a 3 year old. My advice is to choose which of these are you absolute favorites and do the wait for that meet only. You can then watch the wait times for the others through the night to see if they get short enough for your family's comfort level.

The three you mention are three of the most popular. A poster upthread said they got in line for N&J at 5:45 and they were not first in line. N&J started meeting at 6:15. They didn't say when they got to the front, but my guess is they ended up with at least a 45 min wait. Then you have to go get in another line that has been forming since 4:00 or so and wait again. I'm sorry, but I just don't see this happening with a 3 year old. My advice is to choose which of these are you absolute favorites and do the wait for that meet only. You can then watch the wait times for the others through the night to see if they get short enough for your family's comfort level.
I'm planning on only 1 of those. Just trying to figure out which one would be best. I could justify 45m but reports of people waiting since 430 to see them at 615 is a no go for me. I would rather keep our ADR for BoG at 6p. I'm so torn on what to do.

Nick and Judy's line wasn't terrible all night (hour most of the night) I think a partly because so many people didn't know they were there.
Is there a Reindeer meet and greet? I remember seeing them last year - near Aladdin carpets I believe. My DDs really want a photo with the reindeer but don't see them on the meet and greet list.
they switch off with bears at the dance party in cosmic rays

So my first real thought from the party last night was that it was super obvious how many characters have been cut in the last few years.

Snow White's prince wasn't there for the last set or two for some reason which was a bummer for all of us in line.

I'll post my thoughts on cookies/drinks later once we start our drive home.

Parade was (as usual) the winner with my kids followed by nick and Judy.

I'm planning on only 1 of those. Just trying to figure out which one would be best. I could justify 45m but reports of people waiting since 430 to see them at 615 is a no go for me. I would rather keep our ADR for BoG at 6p. I'm so torn on what to do.

I have another question for you. Has your 3 yr old seen characters anywhere else lately? Do you know she'll be okay getting up close and personal with them? I know people here LOVE these special characters, but they are just not worth the time to me. If there is any possibility that you'll do the party again in the future when she's old enough to handle the wait, I'd pass on them this year.

I have another question for you. Has your 3 yr old seen characters anywhere else lately? Do you know she'll be okay getting up close and personal with them? I know people here LOVE these special characters, but they are just not worth the time to me. If there is any possibility that you'll do the party again in the future when she's old enough to handle the wait, I'd pass on them this year.
She is a horse of a different color. She LOVED every character last year at 2. Except Donald at Cape May bfast. She was pissed at him and told him to go away that she refused to take her picture with him. I let her watch Nightmare before Christmas and she loves Jack and Boogie. We even decorated our pumpkins as them this year. The two she has asked for without prompting are Jack and Judy. Sigh...

No-let me rephrase they could line up before the line officially starts (when cast members actually start staffing the line) but they will the walk through the line and check everyone already in the line for a party bracelet. That was my experience with the Seven Dwarves which was a similar situation (they started meeting at 6:15 so people lined up well in advance of that). We got in line around 5:45 and about 6 or so the line was staffed by cast members and they checked everyone already in line for a bracelet (gave us all candy too for showing it).

What time did you actually meet the 7 Dwarfs? Just trying to get a feel for how long the line may be at 5:45. Thanks.

Here we go again! No castle projection show for MVMCP?! One of the reasons I book the MVMCP. Another addition to my major disappointment list of no SW fireworks and ROL. Again, paying more and getting less. I'm glad I cancelled the dessert party.

Last edited:
Question for those whom have been attending the park lately, can you confirm this statement made by WDW PreSchool website, that there is a performance of the Frozen Holiday Wish Show at 6:30 too?
There were live feeds on Chip and Co, James Horan'S Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, and The Disney Fashionista last night, some showing the Frozen show at 6:30 all on Facebook! Can't wait to see everything really live and in person!

Since there is no longer a castle projection show :mad: and I am not even remotely interested in the new stage show, is Frontierland a good place to view both the fireworks and the Christmas parade?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter