DVC Log In Timing

Noodlez

Mouseketeer
This is just curiosity to see if anyone else has noticed! I've always found the log in to the DVC site, whether it be on PC or mobile, to time out fairly quickly. This was one of the reasons I hoped they'd make a DVC app. In the past week or so it seems that I stay logged into the site much longer than I ever did previously. I can log in to check for availability, then come back a couple of hours later and I'm still logged in! Is it just me?

This is just curiosity to see if anyone else has noticed! I've always found the log in to the DVC site, whether it be on PC or mobile, to time out fairly quickly. This was one of the reasons I hoped they'd make a DVC app. In the past week or so it seems that I stay logged into the site much longer than I ever did previously. I can log in to check for availability, then come back a couple of hours later and I'm still logged in! Is it just me?
No, I've seen that also, making me wonder if I forgot to log out, and should seek some 'memory' meds.

Anyway, I've also found that as soon as I start to proceed with a search or whatever, it just logs me out then and I have to log back in again.

Ha thought it was just a cookies thing or a fluke...good to know it's the system from their end. But it's helped me stalk a room much easier!

DVC IT is just spending some time testing another new glitch to add to the system to see if it wants to keep it forever like all the other existing glitches.

Not just you-- I was logged in this morning and came back and was still logged in without being booted just now.

{Bob puts on his flameproof suit.}

I have been adamant in the past as one of the first ones to criticize WDW's customer-facing website(s) flaws, but it's time to put one in particular to rest. The constant moaning and groaning about the DVC Members' booking site.

That site, for the most part, is ROCK SOLID. I'm on it at least every couple of days. Most times, every day, especially when a trip is upcoming, which is most of the time. I use Edge or Chrome (which are the only two it is officially certified for AFAIK), and I can count on one hand the number of times I have ever had problems with the site, and even then, every time I can remember, it was something that was obviously broken on the back end, like trying to secure a room and getting the dwarves or something.

Time and again, I see repeated criticisms of the DVC site. For the most part they seem to be totally unwarranted. People access the website from work computers that have things blocked that they don't even know are blocked. They access the site with home machines that are eaten up with spyware and malware and possibly even viruses that they have no clue they even have. This wreaks havoc on any website, ESPECIALLY a site that is trying to protect itself like the DVC site and its sister site My DVC Experience.

People try to access the site with mobile browsers which have their own restrictions, and they are using them for a site that is not specifically designed for mobile access. And for Christ's sake. Phones and phone browsers? Seriously???

My primary desktop (and all the machines in my home office and home network for that matter) are pristine. They have hardcore AV and anti-malware software running on them. All the time. We don't go to suspicious sites. We don't open attachments or links on emails we didn't solicit. We follow some basic self-security guidelines I have learned in my 40+ years of being a professional in the computer/networking industry.

I don't ever remember reading a new post on here and then going immediately to the site and not having a single problem. I'm not exaggerating when I say that. Maybe it has happened, but the point is that it is so seldom that I don't even remember it ever happening.

The part people seldom share is the fact that they just called the teenager across the street who is a computer wiz because their machine has been acting up for weeks and it's "just not working right." Or, "My machine has sure gotten slow. Maybe it's time to buy a new one." Viruses. Malware. Not doing updates regularly. All of the above.

The DVC site hardly ever burps. Let's try to stop blaming it every time something appears to go wrong. More times than not, the problem has nothing to do with the DVC site at all.

There. I said it.

{Bob puts on his flameproof suit.}

I have been adamant in the past as one of the first ones to criticize WDW's customer-facing website(s) flaws, but it's time to put one in particular to rest. The constant moaning and groaning about the DVC Members' booking site.

That site, for the most part, is ROCK SOLID. I'm on it at least every couple of days. Most times, every day, especially when a trip is upcoming, which is most of the time. I use Edge or Chrome (which are the only two it is officially certified for AFAIK), and I can count on one hand the number of times I have ever had problems with the site, and even then, every time I can remember, it was something that was obviously broken on the back end, like trying to secure a room and getting the dwarves or something.

Time and again, I see repeated criticisms of the DVC site. For the most part they seem to be totally unwarranted. People access the website from work computers that have things blocked that they don't even know are blocked. They access the site with home machines that are eaten up with spyware and malware and possibly even viruses that they have no clue they even have. This wreaks havoc on any website, ESPECIALLY a site that is trying to protect itself like the DVC site and its sister site My DVC Experience.

People try to access the site with mobile browsers which have their own restrictions, and they are using them for a site that is not specifically designed for mobile access. And for Christ's sake. Phones and phone browsers? Seriously???

My primary desktop (and all the machines in my home office and home network for that matter) are pristine. They have hardcore AV and anti-malware software running on them. All the time. We don't go to suspicious sites. We don't open attachments or links on emails we didn't solicit. We follow some basic self-security guidelines I have learned in my 40+ years of being a professional in the computer/networking industry.

I don't ever remember reading a new post on here and then going immediately to the site and not having a single problem. I'm not exaggerating when I say that. Maybe it has happened, but the point is that it is so seldom that I don't even remember it ever happening.

The part people seldom share is the fact that they just called the teenager across the street who is a computer wiz because their machine has been acting up for weeks and it'sot working right." Or, "My machine has sure gotten slow. Maybe it's time to buy a new one." Viruses. Malware. Not doing updates regularly. All of the above. "just n

The DVC site hardly ever burps. Let's try to stop blaming it every time something appears to go wrong. More times than not, the problem has nothing to do with the DVC site at all.

There. I said it.

I have no idea who you're aiming this at, but it seems to be on the wrong thread! I noticed recently that the DVC site is keeping me logged in longer than usual, which I thought was a good thing. I asked if anyone else had notice the same. Other people agreed, and also found it helpful.

Nobody moaned or groaned. Nobody criticised. Nobody said there was a problem. Nobody is blaming anything on anyone. Nobody mentioned things "just not working right". Nobody felt their "machine has sure gotten slow".

I'm really not sure what your rant is about, but please re-read the thread, and to quote you "Seriously???" :-)

Yes! It’s been keeping me logged in permanently recently… only had to re-enter my password a couple of times to confirm modifications. It’s great as I used to have to enter details every time I refreshed a search!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter