*~*~*~*Official January 2017 Thread*~*~*~*~

14 days until our trip.

Staying at Cabana Bay but fast passes booked and with no kids, we can take our time.

I don't expect it to be too busy either but may be wrong

This will be our 7th trip and our first for 2017 (we plan on going back in November 2017). We are staying at POFQ for a short stay, January 27-31. This trip is planned to tie us over until our bigger trip in November. From Canada and stressing a bit on the whether. Has anyone been the end of January before? What kind of weather can we expect? Shorts weather or pants? Keep in mind we are from southern Ontario and expect it to be cold and chilly here. Can anyone help?

This will be our 7th trip and our first for 2017 (we plan on going back in November 2017). We are staying at POFQ for a short stay, January 27-31. This trip is planned to tie us over until our bigger trip in November. From Canada and stressing a bit on the whether. Has anyone been the end of January before? What kind of weather can we expect? Shorts weather or pants? Keep in mind we are from southern Ontario and expect it to be cold and chilly here. Can anyone help?

Honestly, the temperatures in late January are so unpredictable, it's hard to say. My advice is to keep an eye on the weather and wait to pack until as late as possible, and even then, pack for all eventualities. I was at WDW in January this year and we had some days that were really nice (highs in the upper 60s, low 70s) but some days that were miserable to me, a Florida-born and Georgia-raised girl (highs in the low 40s with misty rain). At the very least, bring a light jacket that you can wear in the mornings and then take off as it gets warmer out. As far as rain, it's not as often or as predictable as the daily summer showers. On our last January trip, it misted for a few hours one day (it wasn't really heavy enough to call it rain).

5 days until we get to WDW property (late night flight). Six days until we set foot in MK. Forecast of 80 is looking pretty darn nice, considering it is feels like 32 by me today, and that is 40 degrees better than it was last week :)

For anyone still looking for hard to get dinning reservations, it's possible! I had been looking for a BOG lunch for 4 online for a couple of weeks. After showing online that nothing was available, I called and there was one! Hope everyone is excited getting ready for your trips!

Last edited:
I've been checking for lunch finally got one, but not till 1:50. Kind of messes with my afternoon touring plans

Honestly, the temperatures in late January are so unpredictable, it's hard to say. My advice is to keep an eye on the weather and wait to pack until as late as possible, and even then, pack for all eventualities. I was at WDW in January this year and we had some days that were really nice (highs in the upper 60s, low 70s) but some days that were miserable to me, a Florida-born and Georgia-raised girl (highs in the low 40s with misty rain). At the very least, bring a light jacket that you can wear in the mornings and then take off as it gets warmer out. As far as rain, it's not as often or as predictable as the daily summer showers. On our last January trip, it misted for a few hours one day (it wasn't really heavy enough to call it rain).

That is kind of what I was thinking it would be like. I like to pack a day or two before, so that works. Hoping for some warm weather to escape the Canadian cold ;)

I have a split stay coming up January 28-31. The magic band for the first resort shipped before January 1st, and the magic band for the second resort shipped after January 1st. I think I'll end up with an old one and a new one, but I'll update for sure when I get them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter