*~*~*~*Official January 2017 Thread*~*~*~*~

Also got mine today, they shipped 12/27, for a trip starting 1/25. Also the old style. Let this be the most disappointing thing that happens with the trip!
I've heard elsewhere that the only people getting new ones so far are people who don't customize (go gray everyone!).

I found some neat black sparkle and gold nail polish to decorate them with no matter which style we get

Am i the only one glad I got the old magic band?
the new one is kind of bulky and i can't wear my watch with it. Ah, If it's not broke why fix it?

January 6th - 14th BCV! :wizard:

Am i the only one glad I got the old magic band?
the new one is kind of bulky and i can't wear my watch with it. Ah, If it's not broke why fix it?
I can't wear the new band at all because it's too big for my wrist. I will keep using my collection of old MBs for the foreseeable future.

I used to love decorating my MBs & collecting LEs... not anymore! But that's okay. I'm still going to Disney World!

So who else is "breaking in" new shoes for their upcoming trip?:yay: I needed new sneakers anyway, so mine as well take them to Disney :)
I am bringing OLD (but clean) sneakers, along with respectable-looking boots & sandals. I wanted to replace those sneakers but the new ones I bought just didn't break in well enough yet and one of the worst things ever is having sore feet at Disney World.

Magicband question. I got an email on the 30th saying they shipped for our trip on the 28th. We haven't received them yet and when I check the tracking number it hasn't changed at all since the 28. The notice said that the are still in Florida. Anyone else have this problem?

We are booked from January 15th through the 21st. This will be my first trip to Disney.I am excited to see my two year old's face light up but a little worried he might get scared and cry.

Magicband question. I got an email on the 30th saying they shipped for our trip on the 28th. We haven't received them yet and when I check the tracking number it hasn't changed at all since the 28. The notice said that the are still in Florida. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm doing a split stay January 28-31. I got the e-mail that my first magicband shipped on the 30th, but the tracking didn't change at all until today (went from Davenport, FL to somewhere in Illinois). I got the e-mail that my second magicband shipped on the 1st and the tracking information still hasn't changed. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

We just received our MagicBands on Tuesday for our upcoming trip on the 21st! Old style, which I'm actually happy about, since I can wear it next to my watch, as others have said. Its starting to feel real now and I'm getting really excited!!

I'm doing a split stay January 28-31. I got the e-mail that my first magicband shipped on the 30th, but the tracking didn't change at all until today (went from Davenport, FL to somewhere in Illinois). I got the e-mail that my second magicband shipped on the 1st and the tracking information still hasn't changed. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

I just checked again and our are in IL too. Read elsewhere on the boards people arriving late this month are getting 2.0 bands. Wonder what we'll get.

I just checked again and our are in IL too. Read elsewhere on the boards people arriving late this month are getting 2.0 bands. Wonder what we'll get.

I'm hoping for the old style. I wear mine on the same wrist as my fitbit, and I have tiny wrists, so the new ones look too big for me to do that. We'll see, though!

Don't put too much stock in rumors, MagicBand 2.0's have been shipping out "next week" for about a month. Even seemingly legitimate statements from Disney accounts have proven false.

As for tracking numbers, bands ship via a shipping company to a postal sorting facility then the final mile to your door via USPS, so they can be a bit buggy. Estimated arrival is rarely accurate as well, ours actually showed up several days before it was estimated they would.

We are going with another family - same dates 1/21-1/28. We both got the old style in the mail in Saturday and then the other family got a second shipment on Tuesday with the new style (giving them two sets). We didn't get a second set. I guess we will just wait and see if we get them too.

Don't put too much stock in rumors, MagicBand 2.0's have been shipping out "next week" for about a month. Even seemingly legitimate statements from Disney accounts have proven false.

As for tracking numbers, bands ship via a shipping company to a postal sorting facility then the final mile to your door via USPS, so they can be a bit buggy. Estimated arrival is rarely accurate as well, ours actually showed up several days before it was estimated they would.
It's not rumors. Resort guests are getting MB2 - now, whether it's everyone...still in question.

We are going with another family - same dates 1/21-1/28. We both got the old style in the mail in Saturday and then the other family got a second shipment on Tuesday with the new style (giving them two sets). We didn't get a second set. I guess we will just wait and see if we get them too.
Are they doing split stay?

Does anyone know if Disney still sends the voucher booklet with a booked package? We are 14 days out and never got one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!