• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

*~*~*~*Official January 2017 Thread*~*~*~*~

did my FP+ today, got everything we wanted at mroe or less the exact times we wanted. I did it from my laptop, but ran into a weird glitch-- when I had to select a day to make FP+ for the month of January, it showed the january calendar, the first row had no numbers in it, the second row started with Jan 1 on a Sunday. the calendar showed that first blank row and then 4 rows of dates (through the 28th), it did not show the actual 5th week of January (29-31), there was no way to scroll or select those dates, i ended up having to book those FP+ on the mobile app.

Last edited:
did my FP+ today, got everything we wanted at mroe or less the exact times we wanted. I did it from my laptop, but ran into a weird glitch-- when I had to select a day to make FP+ for the month of January, it showed the january calendar, the first row had no numbers in it, the second row started with Jan 1 on a Sunday. the calendar showed that first blank row and then 4 rows of dates (through the 28th), it did not show the actual 5th week of January (39-31), there was no way to scroll or select those dates, i ended up having to book those FP+ on the mobile app.

I had the exact same issue this morning... I ditched the Macbook and used my phone to book the rest and it worked fine for me too.

Can't wait till the 30th so I can make my FP selections.:lovestruc:lovestruc First time for FP this way, so hopefully it will go well and the computer will work with me :flower:
If you will be needing FP on the dates of 1/29, 1/30, or 1/31 you will likely need to use the app-there's some kind of glitch on the computer site causing those dates to not show up on the calendar.

Reporting in for Jan 21-28. I haven't been to Disney World since 2011, so I need to figure out this FP+ nonsense. :)

I made my FP+ this morning and got everything I wanted at more or less the times I wanted them. :cheer2: Now that all the planning is done, it's going to be a very long 60 days!

I made our FPs this morning for our end-of-January-beginning-of-February trip! Dealt with the odd glitch that you can't make FPs for the last few days of January on a laptop just fine - switched to my phone and got everything we wanted! I'm SO VERY EXCITED! It's my daughter's (7) first trip ever and our first trip since 2003. I have no idea how I'm supposed to wait for 60 days!!

Where has the time gone? We're just 31 days out from our trip now! I've been trying to finalize our plans and realized that I need to change some of our ADRs by about 30 minutes, and of course, they happen to be for BOG and Sci-Fi lunch (ha!). Fingers crossed for some last minute cancellations. I've also been holding out for Orbitz to make January dates available so we could book our last night at Pop Century, but I don't know if they're just being slow or if Disney doesn't plan to give them any rooms. Meh.

Is anybody looking to join a MM share that starts from December 19? I'm currently in a group with two others (so three total), but we're hoping to add a few more people.

Where has the time gone? We're just 31 days out from our trip now! I've been trying to finalize our plans and realized that I need to change some of our ADRs by about 30 minutes, and of course, they happen to be for BOG and Sci-Fi lunch (ha!). Fingers crossed for some last minute cancellations. I've also been holding out for Orbitz to make January dates available so we could book our last night at Pop Century, but I don't know if they're just being slow or if Disney doesn't plan to give them any rooms. Meh.

Is anybody looking to join a MM share that starts from December 19? I'm currently in a group with two others (so three total), but we're hoping to add a few more people.
Have you looked at Undercover Tourist? They now offer rooms as well at the discounted price PLUS an extra discount -- i *think* it's 10% more?

Who else has a Christmas surprise planned with the news of your trip??

We are surprising our daughter with the news of her birthday trip on Christmas Eve! Just 12 more days to keep it in!! It's SOOOO hard to keep it quiet!!! :tiptoe:

Yup it's a surprise trip here for our 2 youngest. Can't wait to see their faces!!!

Meanwhile awful nightmare last night, we kept missing our fast pass times. The app wouldn't work on my phone and I couldn't find the right ride at the right time

Who else has a Christmas surprise planned with the news of your trip??

We are surprising our daughter with the news of her birthday trip on Christmas Eve! Just 12 more days to keep it in!! It's SOOOO hard to keep it quiet!!! :tiptoe:
I'm surprising our younger daughter on Christmas morning. She's 10 and has no clue, Dd14 knows and has helped me plan. Can't wait to tell her that the trip will only be 19 days away! She's going to be ecstatic!

I'm surprising our younger daughter on Christmas morning. She's 10 and has no clue, Dd14 knows and has helped me plan. Can't wait to tell her that the trip will only be 19 days away! She's going to be ecstatic!
We are surprising our 10 year old too!
It's been hard keeping it a secret!!

Joining in for Jan 28-Feb 3! Hubs is going to be gone for the oldest birthday (again) so I'm going to wake up the kids and head down to our happy place! Its so hard to wait as we usually do a count down but it'll be worth it when she realizes dad will be missing it.

Hello January travelers! We are putting the final touches on a trip Jan 3-8. I turn 40 at the end of December, and my husband turns 40 in early February. He asked how I want to celebrate, so...

We are taking our youngest child with us, and leaving our older two with family. They aren't into Disney now, -and don't want to take off from school. So it's really strange to only travel with one kiddo.

He has no clue he's going - we will let him know on Christmas.

This is just a short trip, so we are using one of the Magic Tickets with one day at each park. Staying offsite. Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter