• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official February, 2017, Rental Car Thread

The rates are going the wrong direction. I booked a minivan for $268 for 11 days 2 weeks ago for Feb 7-18. It's now almost double. I fear the Prez weekend is causing the increases.

For our dates full size cars had been dropping a little bit almost each day at Alamo for several weeks, but the price went up $10 since yesterday so the tide may have turned.

For our dates full size cars had been dropping a little bit almost each day at Alamo for several weeks, but the price went up $10 since yesterday so the tide may have turned.

Yes we are renting with Alamo too. I used the passholder rate and the $25 coupon to get the $268 minivan for 11 days. The same rental is now $100s more.

Costco SUV rental cars through Alamo and Budget have been dropping...$20-$40 every day or so for last week.

FYI, Alamo rates for our dates look to have shot up another $30-50 buck or so.

yep, every day it just goes higher.

Actually, our full size rate from Alamo just dropped another $5 today -- not much but that's after a big jump last night, so it pays to keep checking!!

FYI, I continue to get the best Alamo rates with these codes very helpfully posted by keishashadow a few pages back:

Alamo
AD3868JST

Actually, our full size rate from Alamo just dropped another $5 today -- not much but that's after a big jump last night, so it pays to keep checking!!

FYI, I continue to get the best Alamo rates with these codes very helpfully posted by keishashadow a few pages back:

Alamo
AD3868JST

what rate?

Alamo
AD3868JST

Darn, I just tried those and they didn't work :-(.

$224 full size from Alamo over Presidents week.

What are your dates. My rate just keeps going up and up. My dates are Feb 7-18 (11 days). I was hoping for a better price, but the prices are going the wrong direction. We leave in 2 days. I'm happy with what I got weeks ago, just disappointed they didn't get better.

What are your dates. My rate just keeps going up and up. My dates are Feb 7-18 (11 days). I was hoping for a better price, but the prices are going the wrong direction. We leave in 2 days. I'm happy with what I got weeks ago, just disappointed they didn't get better.

I completely hear you! Rates have been shockingly high--I'm very (and pleasantly) surprised we've found this low a rate after what I was finding initially. Our dates are a little shorter and later though--Feb 19-26.

I did find great variability in rates using different codes though. I always try various combinations from those I find on the mousesavers site and in monthly threads like this. I also check carrentalsavers.com and use that as a proxy for how rates are moving.

Hope you have a great trip--weather sure looks good over that timeframe!!

2/14 is not presidents week though. Isn't it the following week? In any case, we are renting in Fl 2/16 and still over $300 for one week. small clown car.

I used the above codes from keishashadow for a minivan President's Week. Thank you! It was more than I have ever paid for that week, but far less than I was seeing elsewhere.

Ugh, we planned a last minute trip and I had no idea the car rentals would be so high. We are coming in 2/26-3/4 and I can't find anything for less then $300. I have never paid that much for a rental. And of course we are staying off property this time, so a car rental is a must.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter