Official February, 2017, Rental Car Thread

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Yes, admittedly it's :crazy: early since it's mid July, but...

When I was pricing my other rental car reservations out, for a giggle checked my February dates.

Alamo, insiders 5%, no coupon, was $185 for a midsize, $187 for standard (full on their aisle). Hopefully a coupon will be offered as date gets closer as well as overall price drop.

Saw that Dollar had a midsize on citispecial (don't input any codes, if available the citispecials will populate automatically).

We arrive Sunday 2/12 for a week
Midsize $152.47

Will set up next post for easy reference as to codes/coupons that are reported here to be producing.

Good luck to us all!

Last edited:
Let's help each other out, please post any codes/coupons, etc. & I will list them here for easy reference

Dollar
1st price without any codes or coupons to see if 'citi special' pops up
CHEP
AAA - members find your code under the Travel section on website.

Last edited:
The AS1 product code for Alamo doesn't seem to work for my February dates (2/12-2/19). Still works for my November dates. Any product codes working for early next year?

Right now, Costco has a SUV for $250 for a week with my local Enterprise. Doubt I will get it much lower than that, but I will always keep an eye out.

I used Autoslash to get a compact from Thrifty for Feb 20-28 for $178.

But the lowest I've found with free additional driver is $248. I'd appreciate help lowering that number.

What is as1.. where do i enter it? I'm looking for November. .from St pete airport.. I'm getting killed..ughg..wait..I got it..omg. .thankssssss. . $170.. a reasonable offer..finally. .

AS1 is 'dead' for new reservations btw.

Checking rates today, dollar citispecial (price no code), AAA & CHEP both clocking in @ $188 for midsize, weekly starting 2/12

Last edited:
Looking for a minivan. We paid less for 10 days during Thanksgiving than the prices I'm pulling now for 6 days in Feb. :eek:

The best minivan rate I could find was 400/wk with Hertz with promo code 10032075.

Anyone have anything new? These prices are scary! We have to rent two cars for our 4 adults 2 kids combo and it's looking like that is cheaper than large SUV at this point!

Anyone have anything new? These prices are scary! We have to rent two cars for our 4 adults 2 kids combo and it's looking like that is cheaper than large SUV at this point!

Checking on carrentalsavers I'm seeing thru Sixt (offsite/shuttle) SUVs $280 for a week. No experience with that vendor nor messing with a shuttle.

There's always Hotwire or Priceline closer to the date. When things didn't fall into place, had good luck with minivans using Hotwire, Hertz has been the assigned vendor.

Just thought to look for my February trip (2/23 - 2/27). Yikes. $215 for a "drive happy" deal from Alamo. $180.93 for National Emerald Aisle including my one free day. I went ahead and booked that one but will keep my eyes open for something in my usual $100 - $125 range.

I am picking up our mini van a couple days early before our short February 1st trip, so I used a code with Enterprise that ended on January 31st that saved me money. Look on Car Rental Savers .com, its there.

Make sure you use autoslash to monitor for lower rates than your reservation. I've saved hundreds already on my February rental.

We were on the fence way too long deciding if, when, how we were traveling this February. Now, looking at car rental rates, we just may give this year a miss. Holy, high rates! Looked on and off for months and everything been crazy expensive. Think there will be any last minute "deals"?

Im going late Jan 28-Feb 4 and got a full size with Alamo for $157. They had a mini van for $225. Had a one time use upgrade code emailed to me through their program and used the Florida code 7016220. This was just last week to give you and idea of when our prices dropped. I'm surprised it dropped since we are going during PRoBowl weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter