• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official February, 2017, Rental Car Thread

Large price drop today for the week of 2/7-2/15. Down to $205 for an suv via costco travel and debating on carrentalsavers.com for a compact for $187. Has anyone ever used carrentalsavers.com?

I haven't used them because I think they charge you for the full amount when you book, right? I've also been able to replicate the rates they show when reserving directly on the rental agency sites by using codes and coupons found elsewhere (whether on this thread or mousesavers).

My Feb rate dropped again this morning. I have a minivan for $268 for 11 days. Using passholder code 15000 and $25 coupon. My daughter's rental dropped another $7 this morning. She's down to $101 for a full size for 4 days.

I haven't used them because I think they charge you for the full amount when you book, right? I've also been able to replicate the rates they show when reserving directly on the rental agency sites by using codes and coupons found elsewhere (whether on this thread or mousesavers).

I have not been charged anything through CostcoTravel and I actually just canceled and rebooked again $30 less than yesterday through them.

My Feb rate dropped again this morning. I have a minivan for $268 for 11 days. Using passholder code 15000 and $25 coupon. My daughter's rental dropped another $7 this morning. She's down to $101 for a full size for 4 days.

Hi, but which pass holder from ? which $25 coupon and dates? ours has not dropped

Large price drop today for the week of 2/7-2/15. Down to $205 for an suv via costco travel and debating on carrentalsavers.com for a compact for $187. Has anyone ever used carrentalsavers.com?
I've used carrentalsavers a number of times and you don't pay anything up front. You can make reservations and cancel them and make new ones when you see a price drop. Don't have to give any credit card info until you get to the car rental desk. Never had a problem with them.

Our Feb dates are 5-17. Prices had been so crazy high we decided to take DME and then rent a car later in the trip. I finally got a midsize through Alamo, p/u Car Care Center, d/o MCO, for $286.96 from Feb 9-17.
Today I was able to book a Standard SUV for the entire trip with Alamo, p/u & d/o at MCO for $322.34, codes 7014926 & AD3868JST. Not fantastic but so much better than the $800 - &1000+ I've seen.

edited to correct error in contract code

Last edited:
Hi, but which pass holder from ? which $25 coupon and dates? ours has not dropped

My daughters rate dropped using the dvc code, but code 7014926 (save with Alamo code) works too and coupon AD3868JST. She is Feb 1-5 and went from $152 to $101 (now)

I used the passholder code 15000 and $25 coupon AD3868JST. We are a week apart and one code worked for her, but the following week I needed a different code. My dates are Feb 7-18, 11 days. The minivan is $268. I had a full size for $290, so rate dropped and bigger vehicle.

I must have got lucky! Back in April I booked my rental through Alamo because I saw people on the boards talking about big discounts. I booked a fullsize car for 2/18-2/26 for $160 with all taxes!!! I just looked and it's way higher now! So glad we had our dates already picked out back then!!!

I must have got lucky! Back in April I booked my rental through Alamo because I saw people on the boards talking about big discounts. I booked a fullsize car for 2/18-2/26 for $160 with all taxes!!! I just looked and it's way higher now! So glad we had our dates already picked out back then!!!

ok, but those of us here did not. ?

Sorry! I wasn't trying to be snarky or anything.
I didn't take it that way at all. We're DVC members and usually know well in advance when we are going to take our trips. As soon as I book I start looking at car rentals. We decided to make this Feb trip on relatively short notice and were having some difficulties with our dates. We had really hoped for a 3 week stay. DH hates our cold dreary Feb. Maybe nest year.

Last edited:
I just now went to carrentalsavers, and they had an Alamo full size car for $107 for Feb. 11-15. That's about $20/day. I don't know that you can beat that price. So, I booked it. Just a heads up. I didn't use any codes or anything.

1/29
$118+ all in
Dollar mid size
Booked thru ebates for 4% rebate
AAA rate (includes my spouse as 'free' extra driver
Weekly rental rate

Citispecial was $128, no extra driver

Have express, hope the pickup @ garage is smooth. Cannot remember if you get to pick your own car from aisle with them or not? Believe budget assigned last random time I booked them.

Leaving tomorrow, it pays to keep checking!

Rate dropped to $110 and able to move up to a full size. Lowest price I've paid for a weekly rental in ages.

Alamo is my go to but for almost $60 less, will give them a whirl again. Using express pickup via the kiosk in garage, hope I don't get a dog of a car lol.

No, they do not charge you. I had assumed they got 'something' in the way of commision when people book going thru their site.

It's easy enough to cancel res made thru them (sometimes I do see lower rates than what I can find using same codes/coupons) directly on the rental car website using the confirmation # they provide.

Good luck future February rentals!

I just now went to carrentalsavers, and they had an Alamo full size car for $107 for Feb. 11-15. That's about $20/day. I don't know that you can beat that price. So, I booked it. Just a heads up. I didn't use any codes or anything.
You don't have to put codes in, they do it for you. All you need to do is show your reservation number/printout.

I have been checking for months for a car rental for pickup at Melbourne airport to drive to Disney and then drop off at Daytona Beach airport for 6 days. Prices have been ridiculous. Finally last night we got amazing rates for Avis prepay with an Amex card. For some reason the speciality cars were cheaper than the regular cars. We need a big car because we are 5 people with a double stroller so we go the Lincoln Navigator for $449 total!

FYI, Alamo rates continue to drop for our dates in Feb. A full size car that was about $300 ten days ago is now $238.

Worth checking back every few days!

Our Feb dates are 5-17. Prices had been so crazy high we decided to take DME and then rent a car later in the trip. I finally got a midsize through Alamo, p/u Car Care Center, d/o MCO, for $286.96 from Feb 9-17.
Today I was able to book a Standard SUV for the entire trip with Alamo, p/u & d/o at MCO for $322.34, codes 7014926 & AD3868JST. Not fantastic but so much better than the $800 - &1000+ I've seen.

Today for 59 cents more I was able to book a Full size with Alamo. Not any savings but in my experience a more comfortable ride.

Alamo's price dropped again today. Saved a little more on our full size rental. Down to $306.72 for 12 days/2 hours

The rates are going the wrong direction. I booked a minivan for $268 for 11 days 2 weeks ago for Feb 7-18. It's now almost double. I fear the Prez weekend is causing the increases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter