Official February, 2017, Rental Car Thread

Jumping on the thread. We just booked a makeup trip for early Feb since we had to cancel our December trip. Crazy high prices are all I've seen so far! Hoping to find a decent deal before we leave, but signed up for DME just in case.

I have a Febuary trip, but I am so glad I am able to pick up on the last day of January. There does not seem to be any February deals to be had.

Rates are high. We are doing a cruise and need a before and after rental. If the rates were good we would prefer to rent and park at the port. Since we have a two rental days before and a three day rental afterwards, I would pay a little more not to have go back and pick up up a rental after the cruise. I am lucky that I have 3 one day free rental days to use if I have to with national. I only rent from national and Alamo. Right now I'm booked to do two one way rentals.

Just booked a trip from Feb 7-15th and I have never seen rental prices this high before.

I've been watching the prices for Feb 20 - Mar 9 since Nov and they haven't budged except to go up. Minivans were in the high $300s per week and now it's over $600/wk. Crazy ! I know it's President's week and all but I've never seen it this high and we go around this time every year. Hopefully in the next few weeks it drops.

I'm looking to book for February 22-27. I just got back from WDW and had a car through Alamo for $159 (January 4-9). The best I'm finding so far for the same type of car (Toyota Corolla) is $260ish through Priceline.

I LOVED having a car so I'm trying to decide if I should just bite the bullet or wait a bit longer...

I'm looking to book for February 22-27. I just got back from WDW and had a car through Alamo for $159 (January 4-9). The best I'm finding so far for the same type of car (Toyota Corolla) is $260ish through Priceline.

I LOVED having a car so I'm trying to decide if I should just bite the bullet or wait a bit longer...
Wait, there will be a window in the next few weeks where it comes down.

Wait, there will be a window in the next few weeks where it comes down.
Thanks! I have a couple of daily reminders set on my phone to check. I'm sort of a car-renting noob so I really have no idea what is and is not a good price (just comparing to what I got for January)! :)

I agree, prices are unusually high for February! We are going February 11th - 17th and the best I could find was a Premium Car through Alamo for $293, booked a month ago, using Alamo Insiders coupon code AU5224JAB and corporate code 7016220 (codes from mousesavers). I was hoping to do better but now the prices are over $100 more! Will keep checking!

Yea, prices are still very high. My daughter is watching for a Feb. 1-5 rental and I'm looking at a Feb. 7-18 rental.

I started searching in NOV for a Feb. 6-15 trip and the least expensive minivan I could find was 590.00 which I reserved. Finally seeing some better rates and used carrentalsavers for Alamo and now it is 381.00. I think I can breathe now.

Just got a rental with Budget through car rental savers for a full size for $143 (2/23 - 2/27; weekly rate). Best I've found.

Okay, I got 2/22-2/27 for what would be an equivalent to a Toyota Corolla for $188. Got a tip to try to book through Chase Travel since I have a Chase Visa and up until then the lowest price I had found was $260 (via Priceline).

I totally forgot I could even book cars through the Chase Travel site and I had enough credit card reward points to cover the rental! So I just took it. Glad to not have to stalk prices anymore...good luck, everyone!!

My trip is early March, looking here because I cannot find anything for early March. Yikes. I have a mid SUV for about $350 for a week, all in, and that is not great!

Where are you guys picking up the car? I can't seem to find any deal picking up MCO at all...

Okay, I got 2/22-2/27 for what would be an equivalent to a Toyota Corolla for $188. Got a tip to try to book through Chase Travel since I have a Chase Visa and up until then the lowest price I had found was $260 (via Priceline).

I totally forgot I could even book cars through the Chase Travel site and I had enough credit card reward points to cover the rental! So I just took it. Glad to not have to stalk prices anymore...good luck, everyone!!

Can anyone with a Chase Visa use the Travel site. I know different level cards have different benefits. I have the Disney Bisa and can't seem to find anything about Chase Travel.

Can anyone with a Chase Visa use the Travel site. I know different level cards have different benefits. I have the Disney Bisa and can't seem to find anything about Chase Travel.
I got there through the Chase Ultimate Rewards website. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter