• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~***Official April 2017 Thread***~~

They aren't even opening at 8 for Christmas week which I thought was more crowded than Easter but perhaps times have changed. I'm really just trying to figure out of we will bother with CRT breakfast. If we get out of breakfast and the place is already balls to the wall, I would rather do a later meal!

ETA assuming I could even get a ressie at CRT LOL
Really? That surprises me. I think Christmas typically is busier than Easter so maybe we will get lucky and they won't open until 9. I'm going to still make my reservation and hope for the best. Worse case scenario I'll just cancel if the park is open earlier.

They aren't even opening at 8 for Christmas week which I thought was more crowded than Easter but perhaps times have changed. I'm really just trying to figure out of we will bother with CRT breakfast. If we get out of breakfast and the place is already balls to the wall, I would rather do a later meal!

ETA assuming I could even get a ressie at CRT LOL

Really? That surprises me. I think Christmas typically is busier than Easter so maybe we will get lucky and they won't open until 9. I'm going to still make my reservation and hope for the best. Worse case scenario I'll just cancel if the park is open earlier.

They won't release the extended hours schedule until closer to time. That is they way they have been doing it lately. It's really helpful of them, isn't it? :sad2: I think they just released extended hours for October a week or so ago.

They won't release the extended hours schedule until closer to time. That is they way they have been doing it lately. It's really helpful of them, isn't it? :sad2: I think they just released extended hours for October a week or so ago.

well that stinks. back to the drawing board to change strategy. I don't want to make 20 reservations just in case and pick which we want later!

not that I'm knocking people who do that. I just don't have the time to make THAT many different plans.

@babyruth I understand the struggle. I'm wanting to make a PPO at BOG but I don't know if I will. We had one last time we went (June 2015) and they changed the June park hours but luckily the day we had it wasn't affected. It was really nice to be in the park early. And we really enjoyed our breakfast, too. Everybody's meal was great. I'm debating if I will be as lucky this time, lol.

Is anybody else doing Universal also? I finally finished my ADR excel spreadsheet LOL so now time to think about other things until ADR day so I don't revise it again!

Is anybody else doing Universal also? I finally finished my ADR excel spreadsheet LOL so now time to think about other things until ADR day so I don't revise it again!

We are! We are doing 5 days at Disney and 3 at Universal. We are at the Beach Club villas for Disney and at Royal Pacific Resort for our US stay for the express passes. Are you staying at US or traveling from Disney? We are spending a bit more time in HP this time around as we didn't get to explore it much last time. I'm so ready to go!

Last edited:
I started toying with the idea of going late April/early May yesterday and I really think we might try spring this year!

I think we are going to skip Uni this time and add it to the next trip. We seem to go every other trip.

We are! We are doing 5 days at Disney and 3 at Universal. We are at the Beach Club villas for Disney and at Royal Pacific Resort for our US stay for the express passes. Are you staying at US or traveling from Disney? We are spending a bit more time in HP this time around as we didn't get to explore it much last time. I'm so ready to go!

We are going to travel from Disney. Hope I don't regret that plan! We will get there for park opening.

We are going to travel from Disney. Hope I don't regret that plan! We will get there for park opening.

We were offsite (condo) for our last stay for both Disney and Universal. We got there early and were in line at the gates at opening and it was no problem. We went the first week of June last time. I hope you have a great trip!!

April 2nd - 7th here, we do a spring break trip every year! We rented DVC points and are staying at the Boardwalk Villas this trip. I've heard so many good things about this resort and I'm excited about being on the Boardwalk.
We're purchasing our AP's and planning on grabbing Tables In Wonderland and skipping the dinning plan this time - which will be a 1st for us. I'm stoked that we get to make our ADR's tomorrow!
As for ADR's we're planning on Le Cellier Steakhouse, Yak and Yeti, Ohana (dinner), Teppan Edo, Cinderalla's Royal Table (because I'm a princess ya'll!), and Spice Road Table.

April 2nd - 7th here, we do a spring break trip every year! We rented DVC points and are staying at the Boardwalk Villas this trip. I've heard so many good things about this resort and I'm excited about being on the Boardwalk.
We're purchasing our AP's and planning on grabbing Tables In Wonderland and skipping the dinning plan this time - which will be a 1st for us. I'm stoked that we get to make our ADR's tomorrow!
As for ADR's we're planning on Le Cellier Steakhouse, Yak and Yeti, Ohana (dinner), Teppan Edo, Cinderalla's Royal Table (because I'm a princess ya'll!), and Spice Road Table.

Yay for a Disney trip! We are across the lake at BCV for that time frame (3/31-4/5). I made ADRs yesterday and I'm happy to say that we got everything we wanted! Hope you have a great vacation!

Yay for a Disney trip! We are across the lake at BCV for that time frame (3/31-4/5). I made ADRs yesterday and I'm happy to say that we got everything we wanted! Hope you have a great vacation!

Awesome! We'll be lake neighbors! What ADR's did you get?
We've gone the past 2 years during the first week of April and although it can get busy, the weather has been GREAT! Although for your own safety, you may want to check which days we'll be going to Animal Kingdom, because it has literally rained EVERY time we go.

So last year, we made our ADR's shortly after midnight. I saw where now ADR's don't start until 7am EST now. I'm kinda happy about that.. I don't miss any sleep!

Awesome! We'll be lake neighbors! What ADR's did you get?
We've gone the past 2 years during the first week of April and although it can get busy, the weather has been GREAT! Although for your own safety, you may want to check which days we'll be going to Animal Kingdom, because it has literally rained EVERY time we go.

So last year, we made our ADR's shortly after midnight. I saw where now ADR's don't start until 7am EST now. I'm kinda happy about that.. I don't miss any sleep!

I'm excited to be going in April...for the weather and the Flower and Garden Festival. We went in June last time, so I am hoping for way less humidity this time.

As for ADRs: Beaches and Cream lunch, Cape May Cafe breakfast, Sci Fi dinner (I'm not totally sure about this one, though), BOG breakfast (PPO if hours aren't affected that day - we actually really enjoyed the food last time), Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner, 'Ohana breakfast (daughter requested), and Rainforest Cafe late lunch/early dinner (son requested).

We plan to snack at different QS places on our Epcot day. We couldn't settle on one place to reserve and thought it would be better for us that way.

And it was really nice to do ADRs in the morning. I was up at 5 CST, got my ADRs, and went back to sleep for a bit! Easy peasy.

I'm excited to be going in April...for the weather and the Flower and Garden Festival. We went in June last time, so I am hoping for way less humidity this time.

As for ADRs: Beaches and Cream lunch, Cape May Cafe breakfast, Sci Fi dinner (I'm not totally sure about this one, though), BOG breakfast (PPO if hours aren't affected that day - we actually really enjoyed the food last time), Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner, 'Ohana breakfast (daughter requested), and Rainforest Cafe late lunch/early dinner (son requested).

We plan to snack at different QS places on our Epcot day. We couldn't settle on one place to reserve and thought it would be better for us that way.

And it was really nice to do ADRs in the morning. I was up at 5 CST, got my ADRs, and went back to sleep for a bit! Easy peasy.

Oh those sound great! My son loved breakfast at Ohana. Maybe to help ease your mind, we loved Sci Fi Dinner. It was so cheesy fun.
Hope you have a great trip and yes, the humidity should be much more bearable in April!

Ohhh...I just noticed your ADR time. ADR time is 6am EST, not 7am. Fastpasses are at 7am EST. Just want to make sure you get on at the right time to secure your reservations! :flower:

All quiet on the planning front. We are meeting some friends out there for this trip. They are going earlier to go to SW Celebration. We have decided that we are not going to make any ADR's this trip, and just go with the flow. Not even planning FP+ at this point (subject to change). Just going to take a long weekend, and hang out with some friends and run a race.

Ohhh...I just noticed your ADR time. ADR time is 6am EST, not 7am. Fastpasses are at 7am EST. Just want to make sure you get on at the right time to secure your reservations! :flower:

THANK YOU! I totally missed that! I'll be changing my alarm for tomorrow morning! HAHA!

All quiet on the planning front. We are meeting some friends out there for this trip. They are going earlier to go to SW Celebration. We have decided that we are not going to make any ADR's this trip, and just go with the flow. Not even planning FP+ at this point (subject to change). Just going to take a long weekend, and hang out with some friends and run a race.

Oooh that sounds SO fun. I think a couple of our summer trips we'll do that too, just go with the flow! Although, not sure I could do that with FP+ LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter