• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~***Official April 2017 Thread***~~

So we were basically the same as you. We brought a 4 and 5 year. Since the beds are doubles we did one adult and one child sharing a bed. My husband is 6'4" and said the length of the bed was okay. The bathroom was great. Its very large. I think another difference with moderates is that the sinks are outside and the toilet and shower are closed off. This was all one. But it was very spacious in there.

We did have a double stroller and that was a little awkward to fit in the room but we kept it right next to the door. It was fine for as little as we were there.

I'm going April 12-23, 2017! April 12-17 will be offsite near the Orange County Convention Center for STAR WARS CELEBRATION!!!!!

Then on April 17, I will transfer to my Disney Resort and stay there until April 23.
I have it narrowed down to: POP Century, AoA Lion King Suite, or Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room, this is my first official solo vacation as an adult by myself, I'm freaking out. Paying for and planning it all completely on my own away from my parents. Can't wait!!!

Is anyone else going for SWC17?!

Reactions: DJ!

Booked for April 20-25th for dark side half. Staying at the BCV for the first time. So excited!

Pulled the trigger and booked 2 Royal rooms at POR for our April trip! Yay!!

Editing to change that we are now booked at Beach Club Villas instead!!! :cloud9:

Last edited:

Booked French Quarter for April 1-9. Went during the same time this past April and loved the weather during that time. Not too hot nor cold. Can't wait.

Booked for April 7-14. I'm guessing it will be super busy but it's my daughters spring break. We refuse to deal with the heat during summer. First couple of days will be onsite then moving over to Bonnet Creek.

Excited to find the April 2017 thread! We are staying April 24 thru the 26th at POR just because we love it there and then move to BWV to stay until May 7 th with our DVC points. Best of both worlds since we can take the boats to Disney Springs, excited to see more of the changes and additions since we were there in January. But happy to be home on the Boardwalk with DHS and Epcot within walking distance and Flower and Garden!

How much cheaper are DVC rentals from booking directly through Disney? Do you get the same amenities?

You do not get mousekeeping every day. That is a *major* difference. you get fresh towels and the like on day 3 and then a full clean on day 7.

So when is the best time to book a Flight for April 12th? I have NEVER booked a flight for myself before, and have absolutely no clue where to start. I looked at Jet Blue's flights when they were listed, and it looks like they do not fly out of Little Rock, AR , so they are a no-go for me.

I am hoping to get a very early flight. I would like to be in Orlando by 12 Noon or 1 PM at the latest. :)

So when is the best time to book a Flight for April 12th? I have NEVER booked a flight for myself before, and have absolutely no clue where to start. I looked at Jet Blue's flights when they were listed, and it looks like they do not fly out of Little Rock, AR , so they are a no-go for me.

I am hoping to get a very early flight. I would like to be in Orlando by 12 Noon or 1 PM at the latest. :)

Some say the best time to book a flight is 60 days before. I get too anxious to wait. I've already booked my flight for April next year.

I would look at the airlines that fly out of Little Rock and start watching prices. You also may want to find out what the typical price of airfare is from there to MCO and buy your ticket accordingly if at all possible.

So I am going to WDW April 22nd-April28th.
283 days away.

Anyone else going April 2017?

We are now going April 22nd-April 29th. I wish I could add more days!!

Last edited:
I"m still trying to figure out exact dates, but definitely going in April for our one year wedding anniversary! Our anniversary is the same date as Easter in 2017, so probably going to go for the week after or the end of the month to avoid spring break craziness.

I"m still trying to figure out exact dates, but definitely going in April for our one year wedding anniversary! Our anniversary is the same date as Easter in 2017, so probably going to go for the week after or the end of the month to avoid spring break craziness.
We are going the week after Easter. I wanted to go Memorial weekend but my TA if we can push for April. Might not be as hot in April like May. My DS will be only 4.

We (Myself, DH & DS) will be traveling from Wisconsin & staying at POR 04/17 - 04/23. My DD will be there with her high school marching band but they are all staying at All Star Music. 263 kids in the marching band this year but I'm not sure how many will be making the trip to WDW. Because this is her Senior year I figured we would give her a break and not embarrass her with her parents and 14 year old brother staying at the same resort. Their marching band will be performing in the Main Street Electrical Parade at MK on 04/20. My DD is so excited because we are a big Disney family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter