• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~***Official April 2017 Thread***~~

We (Myself, DH & DS) will be traveling from Wisconsin & staying at POR 04/17 - 04/23. My DD will be there with her high school marching band but they are all staying at All Star Music. 263 kids in the marching band this year but I'm not sure how many will be making the trip to WDW. Because this is her Senior year I figured we would give her a break and not embarrass her with her parents and 14 year old brother staying at the same resort. Their marching band will be performing in the Main Street Electrical Parade at MK on 04/20. My DD is so excited because we are a big Disney family!

You will be there the same days I am, I'm staying at POP, though, on April 17-23. I was in marching band in high school, I did Percussion. Our band had 205 members by the time i graduated in 2010 (it has way more now). My band never made it to Disney, but we did go to Washington DC on the 4th of July week in 2009, and marched in that parade down PA Ave. Washington was pretty awesome, but as a disney fan, i think i would've rather marched down Mainstreet USA. :D Hope she has fun!

Has any one heard if port Orleans riverside will do the discount and shuttle to the convention. They have done it the past 2 times. I'm trying to figure it out.

Planning to go the week before Easter, 4/7 - 4/16; spring break for our kids. We did this in 2015 and it was a remarkably awesome trip, given it was our first visit and during this very busy time of year.

I'm actually not sure we can have as great a time as we did last trip, but we will try!

I haven't nailed down a resort yet. We were at WL last time and loved it, but I don't think we will go while it's in its current state. Getting a bit nervous as a lot of rooms are already unavailable, like standard and garden for beach club. Will get this sorted by September.

Last year we did emh or rope drop until noon-ish / 1ish, then hung out back at the resort on the pool or on the balcony. We would some days go back to the park or just dinner somewhere.

I'm thinking we might stay at an Epcot resort for the option to go to dinner at Epcot easily. But I don't want to stay at one that is under refurbishment, so I think Yacht is out. Also want a balcony or patio, and not sure how great the odds of that are at beach. Bwi is out as we have a clown fear in our family.

We may end up at poly; which would be fine; we can head over to other resorts for dinners. I think odds of a balcony or patio there are better than at beach.

We will get park hoppers this time; didn't last time and it was fine then, but now that we've been once, I think it would be worthwhile. Especially since we do go to emh parks in the mornings.

We used custom touringplans last time and it was fantastic. I edited them on the fly as I learned the things that did and did not work for our family. This time, I'll set all walking speeds to the slowest speed as my youngest is too big now to be on dad's shoulders for long and I think we won't take a stroller this time; she will be 7. She is very small, though and tires easily. Maybe we will take it anyway.

We weren't going to go back until 2018, but everyone had so much fun that I'm doing it earlier. I'm way more excited about this than I probably should be, heh.

Even though I'm a local, we are staying on property for the SW Celebration and the Darkside Challenge weekends!

I'm going April 12-23, 2017! April 12-17 will be offsite near the Orange County Convention Center for STAR WARS CELEBRATION!!!!!

Then on April 17, I will transfer to my Disney Resort and stay there until April 23.
I have it narrowed down to: POP Century, AoA Lion King Suite, or Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room, this is my first official solo vacation as an adult by myself, I'm freaking out. Paying for and planning it all completely on my own away from my parents. Can't wait!!!

Is anyone else going for SWC17?!

Yes!! CVI was our first and we loved it!! My dh will probably volunteer for this convention, and we already bought our tickets, but we're too slow for VIP.

Has any one heard if port Orleans riverside will do the discount and shuttle to the convention. They have done it the past 2 times. I'm trying to figure it out.

Haven't heard. But it's an easy drive if you have a car. I haven't looked in a while, but didn't see any Disney resorts added yet.

We are going April 13 - 22. SO excited - this will be our family's 3rd trip down - I have been many times before.

Staying off site - doing Universal at the beginning, then moving to WBC for a week.

We have our flights down, but costs were so high coming back, we don't have those booked yet - I have told my hubby we may have to stay down there LOL!

Their marching band will be performing in the Main Street Electrical Parade at MK on 04/20. My DD is so excited because we are a big Disney family!

Just curious if they have changed the plan, with MSEP ending this October - or are they marching during the daytime?

Reactions: DJ!

We are going 4/9-4/15 and still deciding on hotel. Looking into renting DVC but not sure yet. Hoping it won't be too bad since Easter is 4/16. Also will watch for room discounts.

We are booked for April 20-24 at the Poly. It's our first time staying at the Poly and I couldn't be more excited. 246 days to go!

I am looking to go at the end of March (28th)? until April 4th. My son will turn 5 on April 2nd and my other son will be on Spring Break. I'm worried about the craziness of Spring Break in WDW but heard it will be busier the weeks before and after Easter this year so maybe we will luck out. Looking to stay at a moderate, stayed at CSR and Pop in the past. Hoping to book once discounts come out. Anyone know when they announce discounts/promotions for April?

after much hemming and hawing I booked a 3 bedroom condo with a splash pool and Nemo themed bedroom at Windsor Hills 4/13-23! I'm still watching airfare - but may not book that until closer to. I'm telling my college boys they need to let us know what dates they/their girlfriends will join us for by Oct 15 so I can make ADRs!!! I'm so excited to take my little Minnie Mouse on her first WDW trip!!! We will do early park breakfasts since we won't have EMH. Honestly with a 3 year old I didn't see us using the nighttime EMH anyway. She will be worn out and that's no vacation for anyone!

Reactions: DJ!
Just wanted to say

44 DAYS UNTIL I CAN MAKE MY ADR!!!!!:rockband::rockband::rockband::rockband:

WHAT ABOUT ALL OF MY OTHER APRIL 2017 FAMILY!!!!! :smickey::smickey:

I'm still watching for park hours but given my week, I'm "assuming" that Wishes will be 10pm and there will be 2 Fantasmic shows etc similar to last April calendar. We can make ADRs Oct 15 :) :)

so on another thread it was mentioned that the parks will likely be open at 8am for most of April. how are you all handling PPO ADRs (someone suggested it was a waste) and is your expectation of park hours the same?

so on another thread it was mentioned that the parks will likely be open at 8am for most of April. how are you all handling PPO ADRs (someone suggested it was a waste) and is your expectation of park hours the same?
It looks like April 2016 the parks opened at 9, but Easter was in March. I'm guessing Easter week will be 8 am openings. I'm hoping the parks go back to 9 am opening after that since we want to try Trails End breakfast before one of our park days.

They aren't even opening at 8 for Christmas week which I thought was more crowded than Easter but perhaps times have changed. I'm really just trying to figure out of we will bother with CRT breakfast. If we get out of breakfast and the place is already balls to the wall, I would rather do a later meal!

ETA assuming I could even get a ressie at CRT LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter