• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NOVEMBER 2012 Trip Planners Part 2~yes there IS another!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh that article just got me all excited!!! Here's hoping it opens Early November!!! What time do I need to wake up tomorrow to read the article? :banana:

:rotfl2:
:lmao:
:rotfl:

I don't know. But don't wake me up if its earlier than 6:00 am.:laughing:

Just went back and reread that article. It says we will be told when reservations will begin!! :dance3::banana::banana::banana: Somebody go and read it again and tell me I read it right. Please............:flower3:

Just went back and reread that article. It says we will be told when reservations will begin!! :dance3::banana::banana::banana: Somebody go and read it again and tell me I read it right. Please............:flower3:

I just reread that part 3 times. Yes, it says we will know when ressies will begin. Oh now I have to choose between CP and BOG; decisions, decisions.

That's exactly how I read it and I am not proud to admit this but I got that drop in my stomach you get on a roller coaster when I read it. We'll finally know if we'll be able to go or not. Won't be able to decide if hoping is better than knowing until tomorrow. Ohhhh the agony!!!!:lmao:

I just reread that part 3 times. Yes, it says we will know when ressies will begin. Oh now I have to choose between CP and BOG; decisions, decisions.

Of course, knowing Disney, they will probably say "taking reservations this fall, but before the holiday season" or something equally undefinable!! :rotfl2:

We'd love to join your thread! Going 11/24-12/2, BLT.

Heck, I keep trying to tell myself Halloween IS a holiday after all... maybe i will be open in time for us! :lmao:

Heck, I keep trying to tell myself Halloween IS a holiday after all... maybe i will be open in time for us! :lmao:

I think it would. The Halloween party brings in a big crowd as well. I can't imagine Disney wanting to miss that. :goodvibes

It's OFFICIAL! We are going.... Nov 11th - Nov 19th @ POR!!! :banana: Even though I've been completely planning everything and made reservations, I wasn't totally sure we were going. Well, DMIL told me today that it's a go...her treat! :woohoo: I love my DMIL and not just because she pays for Disney! We'll pay for all the tips (meal and mouse keeping), MVMCP tickets (which I can purchase now since I know we are going for sure) and souvenirs. I hope to be able to do something special to surprise DMIL, but I can't decide what. I thought about the fireworks cruise, but I'd love some other suggestions.
you could also do the dessert party or order her a special treat from the Disney Florist (or another personal shopping gift service)---or what about a Disney Dooney?

Maybe it is!! Whenever I see pictures, it always looks like it's a swirl and half the swirl looks orange-ish.. so I assumed it was like the orange cream slush I love. I'm going to make a point of trying it this time, to be sure! ;)
They do now have an orange one - the citrus one, but the dole whip is a dark yellow and is pineapple flavored- so good! i always get the dole whip float- with vanilla/pineapple swirl ice cream and they put it in pineapple juice. it's delicious!

There was a thread on the Theme Parks board. But that was back when everyone was discussing when test track would officially close. So maybe things have changed. :thumbsup2 I would love for it to be up and running before we get there. As it is, it is due to open on friday of our trip and we leave on sunday. :sad2:
There is no official date available. So we are really all just guessing here and will be for a while. They won't announce the date, if at all until right up close to opening. Given the re-theming involved, i am guessing we would be lucky to see it open again in early November. But i bet that is what they are shooting for, to get it up before the "holiday season", but really we just won't know until they are closer to completion later this fall. They don't want to promise a date and not deliver, so they won't offer a date until they are absolutely sure.

I could use some advice about MVMCP. We are going to be there from Nov 23-30. First, I am trying to decide if we should go or not. My kids are not really night owls and I am afraid the evening will take a turn for the worse about 9:00 and we won't be able to stay for the parade/fireworks. (my kids will be 9, 7 and 5). I hate to spend that much and not be able to enjoy the whole thing. But, I planned park days and ADRs around it and I checked and I won't be able to rearrange very easily with what we have. If we do go, I am trying to decide between Sunday the 25th and Tuesday the 27th. Which one has the best chance of being least crowded? Finally, if we decide to do it, should I take my chances that they won't sell out and see what night has the best weather?
If we scrap the party, I would want to change our MK day to Wed so we could see a parade/fireworks (which are earlier, that is a plus), but it is going to mess my ADRs up really bad. UGH!!!!!!! I know I am rambling and overthinking this, but if anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it. I am driving myself CRAZY:headache:

Thanks!
If your kids won't make it past 9pm, don't waste the money. if you think you can take it easy that day, let everyone nap beforehand, and that they will make it until at least 10pm, then consider it. We've taken my son at age 2 and 3 and will go again this year at age 5 (did MNSSHP at age 4). He managed to stay up until about 11pm (for the second parade). We just all took naps that day to rest up and didn't do a park that day. I would definitely do Tuesday. Weekends are much more crowded with locals. We always buy in advance, but keep in mind you could get bad weather as you mentioned. We had rain during our MNSSHp night in October, it rained the first hour or more and it was pretty wet, but we still had an awesome time!

oh wow....do i feel stupid....now off to review everything one last time! BTW how does the package work? Do they give you a ticket or something when you check in for dinner?? Having never done this before just not sure how it all works. One more ?- how long is the show? will we have enough time to get to the preferred seating for Illuminations if they start at 9pm?? that's cutting it close. wonder if I should have picked an earlier show??
They do give you a sticker if i remember right, that you wear and it has your time listed on it. Then you will head back to the area and look for a CM with the line. There will be a package line separate from the standby line. Don't get scared when you see how long it is, it moves fast and you are guaranteed in with the package as long as you are in line at least 20 minutes out. At 15 minutes before show time, they open up the standby line and let those people in, so you better be sure you are in line before that. The show is about 40 minutes long. If you booked the 8;15 show, you are not going to be a prime spot for Illuminations. You'll be able to catch it, but you aren't going to have a perfect spot. can you see it another night instead?

On the BOG thread someone has said that the menu will be revealed tomorrow!! :woohoo::banana::yay:
There wasn't a link to what article this came from though.
woo hoo! I think it is going to be like La Hacienda and Via Napoli were.....they won't announce ADR availability until it is in soft opening probably. but let's see what they say tomorrow!

WOW I'm soooo behind on this thread. I still had the old thread bookmarked. :goodvibes

We will be arriving to the World Nov. 21st and leaving Nov. 24th Staying at Beach Club Villas

Congrats to everyone on their CPL reservations, sounds like everyone got what they wanted. Next year we'll be down thanksgiving week, so I may have to check it out. We've gone then a few times but never did CPL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter