News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
In celebration of the 20th anniversary of the Disney Conservation Fund, Guests will begin receiving a new Conservation Hero button at all contribution locations throughout the parks and resorts. As locations deplete their current supplies of buttons, they will be replaced with the new 20th anniversary button style. The goal is for all “old” buttons to be used before new ones are distributed, and the new buttons are anticipated to be distributed starting the week of June 21.
http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/06/new-disney-conservation-fund-buttons.html#more

Alright everyone here we go! Time to start part two of the very popular news thread. Lets avoid the comments about how confusing it is to switch threads and lets get this show on the road.

1. Universal Orlando has just filed a trademark name "Volcano Bay". Is this the new name for that new rumored water park? Or is this just something they plan to add to Wet and Wild?

2. Also at Universal sad news coming from the Kong expansion. There was just some MASSIVE budget cuts taken to the ride so you can imagine things were scaled back big. This ride is reverting more to the version you see in Hollywood just more expanded and in a temple setting. Many of the giant AA's planned for the ride are cut with the exception of one or two at the time. More details as they come.

3. Dinosaur to see some work during the overnight hours. This ahead of when the parks begins to operate during those night hours that are coming very soon. No idea as to what they will do.

4. The Frozen overlay in Norway just had so MAJOR money thrown at it. What was expected to be a cheap overlay may just be a little more. Setting aside the thoughts of Frozen being there, the ride may see some big upgrades to make this a whole new experience.

I haven't had time and I was wondering if Disney has torn down the Mickey hat at Hollywood Studios yet. I know that they were planning to soon or have already done so, thanks!

:beach: I am sad about the relocation of The Lion King, but the Avatar land is going to look spectacular! Disney never seizes to amaze. I do wonder where the Lion King Show is going to go, and when will it reopen? I am planning a trip for next summer and hope I get to see it again!

:beach: I am sad about the relocation of The Lion King, but the Avatar land is going to look spectacular! Disney never seizes to amaze. I do wonder where the Lion King Show is going to go, and when will it reopen? I am planning a trip for next summer and hope I get to see it again!
The Lion King show has already reopened in the Harambe Theatre in Africa.

All that stuff in only 3 years is pretty impressive. Of course, most of those refurbishments at Paris shouldn't be necessary to begin with. That's still really exciting news for Paris. Hopefully they'll manage to bring the park to its original state.

Bob Iger is in WDW. The Board of Directors will be joining him Tuesday.

supposedly touring avatar, leadership meetings and things that won't be announced until August...

sources spirit and other wdwmagic posters

What's funny is it's still the 2nd biggest Pixar opening ever, just they failed to come in first.

We actually saw BOTH movies over the weekend. Both very good if not quite great. (Though I admit only Inside Out left me wanting to see another movie with the same characters.) One made us want to go on an existing ride in a Universal Theme Park, the other made us long for a dead pavilion in a Disney Theme Park.

Jurassic World has the same old plot from the previous movies. Inside Out was much better, in my opinion. No wonder Hollywood is making tons of reboots/sequels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter