• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Multiple Sclerosis

Hugs, hugs, hugs to you. I can only imagine how scary it is to be going through the diagnosis process. Please keep up posted. I just said a prayer for you.

My sister is a holistic medicine nurse practitioner and has had amazing results in some of her patients with auto immune disorders by drastically changing their diet.[/QUOTE]

I have heard this too and was going to mention it to OP. How does she change the diet? Gluten/wheat free?

So sorry to hear you are going through this.

One thing to remember and a very important thing to remember is - no two people will have the exact same symptoms. So if you hear of a person with MS who is in a wheel chair, or has relapse after relapse DON'T think this will be you, same as if you hear of a person with MS who is fine and rarely has a relapse - Everyone is different.

Every person is different, you don't want to get yourself down fearing the worst.

Just take it one day at a time, don't believe everything you hear about "wonder diets" or "miracle treatments". What works for one, will generally not work for everyone.

Get a good neurologist and ask lots of questions, research the internet, but again take it with a grain of salt.

Take note of symptoms, take note of what will trigger a relapse, write down questions for your neurologist and don't be afraid to ask lots questions, get second third or even fourth opinions, research the drugs they put you on, not all are the same and all have different side effects.

See if you can join a MS group in your neighbourhood or area, join MS groups on Facebook, there are lots of people who live with MS world wide and lots who live full lives, these days it is easier for you to interact with them all and get advice and help.

As for the headache, try to stay laying down, the headache can last a few hours or a few days and should settle when laying down. Just try to rest as much as you can, you need to put YOU first.

Try to keep your chin up and just take it one day at a time.

Last edited:

Good luck and hope you find a treatment that helps well. I have an aunt with MS. She has found dietary ideas to be helpful with her condition. My mom has a friend who has a son with MS. He was able to get off medications, which he complained about there side effects, with dietary ideas and I believe smoking medical pot.

I've read a number of people that found relief with MS by taking the generic medication Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) It has few side effects and reportedly works well for many. Some info. on LDN for MS can be seen in this news report.

Currently, I'm taking an extreme high dose of Solu-Medrol in IV form to help bring down inflammation, Which makes me super sick. It does seem to be working I can walk a little bit better.

Hugs to you! My mom has MS- was diagnosed at 18 and will be 60 this year. Her life and her health have had ups and downs but my mom still lives a very active, full life. While she has physically deteriorated some, the advancements in medicines and physical aids has grown. She now uses a scooter for any long distance walking, a cane for short jaunts or a special hip to foot brace to help her foot drop. She has a physical therapist at the Cleveland Clinic who specializes in MS and that has been a major help. Resources are out there, don't be afraid to seek them out if you are diagnosed. And if you have a good family and friend support system, fill them in and let them help! My mom can be very private and not tell us when she is having a relapse but my sister and I want to help. I live out of state and nothing makes me madder or sadder then when I hear after the fact about a fall or hospital stay or steroid treatment. My mom doesn't want to be a burden as she says but she will NEVER be a burden to us. Trust your loved ones to help you and support you. There is a huge MS community out there with many many kind hearted supportive people. If you are diagnosed, you will not be on your journey alone!

Mizzoufan, I hope with all my heart you don't get a diagnosis of MS however, as many have said, there is a wide and varied degree of effects of the disease so please don't panic. I know that it much easier said than done.

If, however, you are diagnosed, please look into a holistic, diet approach as long term studies have shown it can make a huge difference in stopping the symptoms and progression of MS.

http://www.pcrm.org/health/health-topics/treating-multiple-sclerosis-with-diet-fact-or

http://nutritionfacts.org/2013/05/21/plant-based-diets-for-multiple-sclerosis/

Currently, I'm taking an extreme high dose of Solu-Medrol in IV form to help bring down inflammation, Which makes me super sick. It does seem to be working I can walk a little bit better.
Glad to hear it is helping you walk a bit better, just one foot In front of the other, one day at a time

Praying they find it was something other than MS. But if it is, you will be able to handle it. Take a deep breath. You have lots of support here from your DIS friends.:grouphug:

So sorry you are going through all this. I wish I could help but can only send you lots of positive thoughts, Mizzoufan. :hug:

Oh man, I remember the solumedrol..made me see bugs when I was tapering off.

I know everyone means well, but please do not suggest changing your diet to cure this disease. It takes strong medication and continual care from a dr to control it. I know it's coming from a good place but just because it worked for one person does not mean it will work for another. I went 8ish years without an attack and I was not following a diet or doing something holistically. Unfortunately with this disease, there's no rhyme or reason..it's all just dumb luck.

How are you doing today?
Today hasn't started out to great. Woke up sick to my stomach. freezing to death. I[m so sleepy. I work up in sweat. and I'm very cranky. Not try to whine just being honest. Thank you for checking on me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter