May 2011 Code Watch

We took advantage of both offers. My family of 4 took advantage of the "Kids Stay and Play Free" deal, and for my in-laws we took advantage of the discount offer. We are now staying at POP instead of Wyndham Bonnet Creek. I would really love free dining that would be a better deal for us.

I am so confused.. I booked through AAA several months ago.. I am going to CSR in Early May for 8 nights.. I so desperately wanted to stay at the Deluxe but the numbers just weren't allowing for it.. Then about 2 months ago.. I got a pin and saved 25% off my room, which saved me about $300.. For the past couple of days I have been reading about all the new codes and offers out there.. I realized when I pulled out my PIN code that I had a 40% off for the Villas.. I thought, what the heck, I will just see.. Well, I called and of course Disney TA's couldn't help because I am already booked with AAA and they can only change your ressie or give you info.. So, I called AAA and had another agent help me.. I did a room only package online and then just discounted the 40% and was totally psyched because I thoought that it was only going to be around $700 more.. Well, it was well over $1000 and that was at the Boardwalk, which was my last choice.. The beachclub, my first choice was $ 1200 more and forget about AK or WL they were even more expensive, took the air right out of my sail.. I was so excited!! But, I just can't justify over $1000 more just for aroom that we will hardly use..:(

I got a 40% off pin and the cm priced out the boarwalk and beach club for me and it was the same price. I chose the the boardwalk. Did you add in tax when you were calculating the cost?

Jumping in and hoping for discounts - either Florida resident or Annual Passholder rates for Memorial Day.

I was able to add the current room only discount onto our reservation at the Pop Century. At first I upgraded us to the Caribbean Beach but decided to go back to the Pop since we'll be saving $85 a person with the deal. We can add on another dinner or two with that savings.

Got a pin last night! It's good for most of May! May 8th - 27th! It's 35% of values and moderates and 40% of deluxes and villas! Saved $125 off rack rate at ASSports!

Got a pin last night! It's good for most of May! May 8th - 27th! It's 35% of values and moderates and 40% of deluxes and villas! Saved $125 off rack rate at ASSports!
You prompted me to get the mail late last night, just in case and sure enough... we got our code!!
I have a question, its good until 5/27 and we want to stay until 5/28. Will they just apply full cost that day or is 5/27 the last night and I am good with 28 as check out? We have a wedding 5/20 and dint want to leave the next morning since family will be here to visit.

That's wonderful to hear! I check my email often and decided to check again and I was so happy to find one. :goodvibes

I think it's only good til the 27th and the 28th would be a check out date. Let me use my code for that situation and see what happens and I will get right back to you!

Edit: So I checked it out and if you stay the 28th and check out on the 29th, you would pay rack rate for the night of the 28th. If you checked out on the 28th, you would still get the discount. The charge per night, not per day so you won't have to pay for the 28th unless you were planning to stay til the 29th. So you are all good if you are checking out on the 28th! :thumbsup2

That's wonderful to hear! I check my email often and decided to check again and I was so happy to find one. :goodvibes

I think it's only good til the 27th and the 28th would be a check out date. Let me use my code for that situation and see what happens and I will get right back to you!

Edit: So I checked it out and if you stay the 28th and check out on the 29th, you would pay rack rate for the night of the 28th. If you checked out on the 28th, you would still get the discount. The charge per night, not per day so you won't have to pay for the 28th unless you were planning to stay til the 29th. So you are all good if you are checking out on the 28th! :thumbsup2
SWEET!
Can I plan online and enter my discount?

Got it, thanks! Now I just need to decide what and where and get it booked- I am so indecisive,lol

You are very welcome! Glad I could help! :goodvibes

I totally know how you feel! I have been debating between doing a split stay or staying at one hotel or a different one and how long I can afford to stay, etc. I have 4 months to decide. :rotfl:

Does anyone have any guesses as to when AP discounts after April 16 may get released?

Does anyone have any guesses as to when AP discounts after April 16 may get released?

I'm also interested in this!!!

From the historical information on mousesavers.com the May AP rates have become available in the Feb. 18-20 timeframe the last 2-3 years.

New to this thread! Recently booked ASSp for May 6-9 for the Expedition Everest Challenge. Hoping for the AP rate so I can add dining without adding tickets. If the rate is good enough, maybe an upgrade to the hotel choice as well. :goodvibes

Yay! We officially booked May 7 - 15 at Pop Century.

Been trying to book airplace tickets....but they are so expensive.

I have never seen tickets to Orlando so high. Anyone have any tricks/tips/suggestions on finding cheaper flights??

New to this thread! Recently booked ASSp for May 6-9 for the Expedition Everest Challenge. Hoping for the AP rate so I can add dining without adding tickets. If the rate is good enough, maybe an upgrade to the hotel choice as well. :goodvibes

I've been hearing about the EE challenge. Figures I would book a trip that includes a weekend of 2 events--this one plus Grad Nights :headache:

Hopefully crowd levels won't be too bad!

Yay! We officially booked May 7 - 15 at Pop Century.

Been trying to book airplace tickets....but they are so expensive.

I have never seen tickets to Orlando so high. Anyone have any tricks/tips/suggestions on finding cheaper flights??

Where are you flying out of?

I've been hearing about the EE challenge. Figures I would book a trip that includes a weekend of 2 events--this one plus Grad Nights :headache:

Hopefully crowd levels won't be too bad!

I don't think the EE Challenge will have much impact on crowds. The event itself takes place in the evening when the park is closed to the public. Now, Grad Night...I am not so sure about. When/where will that be taking place? It is also Mother's Day weekend. Not sure how that effects crowds.

I don't think the EE Challenge will have much impact on crowds. The event itself takes place in the evening when the park is closed to the public. Now, Grad Night...I am not so sure about. When/where will that be taking place? It is also Mother's Day weekend. Not sure how that effects crowds.

I don't think the EE challenge will have much of an effect, but we've never been on Grad nights before. We have been on Mother's day in the past and it's been fine! Never thought to check about other events before I booked though. Oh well. At least I have my TPs! :)

I don't think the EE challenge will have much of an effect, but we've never been on Grad nights before. We have been on Mother's day in the past and it's been fine! Never thought to check about other events before I booked though. Oh well. At least I have my TPs! :)

From what I understand, on Grad nights, they close the park and then reopen it to grad who have been bussed in? That is what I found when I was searching about it. If that is the case, it should not affect the crowd levels. In fact, with MK closing early and not having Wishes, those days might be less crowded then others.

Well, I hope anyways. I thought that the beginning of May would be a quieter time to go, but now there is a lot going on. Hope it doesn't get too crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter