• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2011 Code Watch

I just booked a FW cabin...my first stay at FW! Our dates are May 12-15 (3 nights) and there is NO WAY I will pay the $1100 I was quoted! Looking for the Florida Resident rate, I think it should come out mid/end of Feb??? Does that sound right?

So, is this the proper thread for me to stay tuned to when looking for a FL Res code???

Thanks!:banana:

From what I understand, on Grad nights, they close the park and then reopen it to grad who have been bussed in? That is what I found when I was searching about it. If that is the case, it should not affect the crowd levels. In fact, with MK closing early and not having Wishes, those days might be less crowded then others.

Well, I hope anyways. I thought that the beginning of May would be a quieter time to go, but now there is a lot going on. Hope it doesn't get too crowded.

I guess I was thinking that maybe the Grads would show up early to the park on Grad nights, therefore increasing the crowd sizes. But I like you're idea of lower crowd sizes on those days! I had never considered that people may avoid MK those days because it closes so early. Off to look at my plans for the week again. Maybe I'll switch one of my MK days to Friday or Saturday of that week!

Anyone here know what the Expedition Everest Challenge is all about?
is there a link that you can post with info?
thanks.

Arrgghhh - my mom got a 40% pin code today... yeah!!! Too bad it has the first day of our vaca blacked out - and the 5 other nights are sold out for poly club level. Thought about switching resorts - but everyone was really set.. don't want to have to deal with 2 reservations/no meal plan on first night.... Oh well....the Disney gods giveth and taketh right away!

I got a pin code today in my e-mail, now off to see if it can be applied to my pkg that is already booked.:tiptoe:

I've noticed that since we booked back in October, I've stopped getting PIN codes (and I was getting them left and right last fall!)...just an interesting observation that I thought I would pass along.

I got one for the first time for our trip Sept 2009, did a lot of research on the Disney website, think since I have done a lot recently, I am wondering if each time I log in to the official site that it increases my chances. I certainly don't know, but am still trying to use the one I just got, may have to arrive a day or two sooner, now wouldn't that be a shame, lol:rotfl2:

So I'm a bit of a numbers geek and I started taking a look at historical information pertaining to when AP discounts are released. There are two measureable stats that can be used to somewhat predict when a discount comes out:

The amount of time between when discounts are released (from last AP discount release date to the next one)

The amount of time from when the AP discount starts and when the release date is.

The last AP discount came out on Nov. 22, 2010. The maximum, minimum, and average days between the release dates for AP discounts are as follows: 131, 32, 81, respectively. This gives us the following info:

Latest AP discount release date: Apr. 2, 2011
Earliest AP discount release date: Dec. 24, 2011
Average AP discount release date: Feb. 11, 2011

Based on the date when the AP discount was released to the date when it becomes effective gives the following maximum, minimum, average days: 72, 32, 49. This is the number of days from the start of the date range of the discount. The historical stats show that there is almost always (only missing Easter and Christmas) an AP discount of some description. I'd put good money on April 17, 2011 being the next date for an AP discount.

Here is what the numbers show:

Maximum = Feb. 3, 2011
Minimum = Mar. 15, 2011
Average = Feb. 26, 2011

Based on the average date of Feb. 11 and Feb. 26 from the above numbers I would bet that we'll be seeing a discount in the next couple of weeks. Also based on the historical data Wednesday is the most frequent day for releasing the discounts but that wavered in 2010.

Sorry for all of the data but I figured it was worth looking at to try and predict when Disney would release AP discounts. I predict that we will see AP discounts released on Feb. 24, 2011 but that's just what my gut says.

So I'm a bit of a numbers geek and I started taking a look at historical information pertaining to when AP discounts are released. There are two measureable stats that can be used to somewhat predict when a discount comes out:

The amount of time between when discounts are released (from last AP discount release date to the next one)

The amount of time from when the AP discount starts and when the release date is.

The last AP discount came out on Nov. 22, 2010. The maximum, minimum, and average days between the release dates for AP discounts are as follows: 131, 32, 81, respectively. This gives us the following info:

Based on the date when the AP discount was released to the date when it becomes effective gives the following maximum, minimum, average days: 72, 32, 49. This is the number of days from the start of the date range of the discount. The historical stats show that there is almost always (only missing Easter and Christmas) an AP discount of some description. I'd put good money on April 17, 2011 being the next date for an AP discount.

Maximum = Feb. 3, 2011
Minimum = Mar. 15, 2011
Average = Feb. 26, 2011

Based on the average date of Feb. 11 and Feb. 26 from the above numbers I would bet that we'll be seeing a discount in the next couple of weeks. Also based on the historical data Wednesday is the most frequent day for releasing the discounts but that wavered in 2010.

Sorry for all of the data but I figured it was worth looking at to try and predict when Disney would release AP discounts. I predict that we will see AP discounts released on Feb. 24, 2011 but that's just what my gut says.

WOW...I did not even really understand all that, but I am impressed with your number crunching. When I start seeing all those numbers along with that type of text, I feel like I am doing a word problem in math in jr. high and I get really stressed out!

All I can say is BRING ON THE CODES!!!! :cool1:

Maximum = Feb. 3, 2011
Minimum = Mar. 15, 2011
Average = Feb. 26, 2011

Wow! I followed it and am really impressed. I think I've been waiting for a post like this and didn't know it. I will be checking very diligently now. Thank you!

DW just got off the phone with reservations. CM said AP discounts for our May trip would be available in March.

DW just got off the phone with reservations. CM said AP discounts for our May trip would be available in March.

Thanks so much for the info!

Does anyone know...do the FL resident rates come out at the same time as the AP rates?:confused3 I am looking for FL res rates!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter