Marathon Weekend 2017, and so it begins!!!!

Yes, I have not decided if I will do the full. I am trading for NOLA full on feb 5. I have a 16 mile run in so I could do it. Just not sure if I want to jeopardize that. If I don't do the full I will be doing 12 miles here at the fort. As I said in the TR thread, feel free to hand me Powerade if you see me.

Sorry to read about the cancellation. I could have offered some Powerade but just gave my bottle to DGS as they left after their visit. Plenty of Comfort Stations to grab a drink as one does the Fort. You surely will not be able to run at 0500 tomorrow like I have done for my halves at FW. Seems like Sunday will be upper 30F with sun and wind.

Yeah will run tomorrow after the rain around noon. Looking at the temps for Sunday it won't be a fun run so thinking I just save up the legs for NOLA.

Wonder what RunDisney will do for the Full Marathon Sunday morning?

Bama Ed

Bert and I finished our unofficial half today, with about 100 other people. It was quite nice to see everyone out running and cheering people on. I finished with a PR 1:52. Next to go get our medals and wear them proudly we did the distance just not at 5:30.

Bert and I finished our unofficial half today, with about 100 other people. It was quite nice to see everyone out running and cheering people on. I finished with a PR 1:52. Next to go get our medals and wear them proudly we did the distance just not at 5:30.

Fantastic for both of you!!!!!

If I make it to McDonald's tomorrow I might have to have a coffee along with the M&M McFlurry.

I made it.

Got an official time, got an official medal, now about to start our personal official party with dinner.....................Bama Ed

AWESOME!!!!!

Sorry I couldn't join you, but as slow as I was today I'm sure it worked out for the best for you.

John, were you able to get the mcflurry? We were tracking you so we know you finished bad knees and all.

Congrats! Hope we can drop by but yeti won't make it that far.

Another M&M McFlurry success. Although there was a slight, "no, machine is not working" moment. :sad: Just made it in under the 7hr limit and was close to sweating bullets. State Trooper lady was no where in sight as I went down ramp but when I got about 200' away, OUT OF THE CAR she came!!! Big hug and I gave her an embroidered towel Kathy made up with Sheriff from Cars on it.

Congrats Ed and John on a race well run. Especially considering the cold conditions.

Look! I made it to double digits for posts!

Oh NO!!!!! Double digits. No holding you back now.

Another M&M McFlurry success. Although there was a slight, "no, machine is not working" moment. :sad: Just made it in under the 7hr limit and was close to sweating bullets. State Trooper lady was no where in sight as I went down ramp but when I got about 200' away, OUT OF THE CAR she came!!! Big hug and I gave her an embroidered towel Kathy made up with Sheriff from Cars on it.

Oh NO!!!!! Double digits. No holding you back now.

I absolutely love that you upheld the McFlurry tradition!! You earned it!

I came down here to do a half marathon. Mother Nature threw a curve ball with Saturday's weather. I was truly disappointed, as This would've been my first Disney race. When I left her home, I never thought I would do what I did yesterday.

I rolled into the Full Marathon, and I had a blast!! I took forever, but I stopped to take pictures of things and characters. I danced with the DJ's. I sang (sorry if you were next to me). I smiled and laughed all the way through that race yesterday. I even got my best time at WWOS. I had read that once you got out of there it would seem downhill. So I pounded that part to get it over with! I even had to hit the brakes and add about ten-15 minutes to allow my husband and daughter to make it to the finish line. That was important to me. With all of my shenanigans and slower pacing, my final time was 6:43, but I did it!!!

As my son said, I am a halfer that went rogue and ran the Full Marathon!!!

I will definitely be here next year!

P.S. I'm from Wisconsin. The cold never bothered me anyway!

Ozgood,

Wow that's fantastic! I admire all the Half folks who did the Whole yesterday. There were many yellow shirts out on the course.

John, glad you got your McFlurry and got to hand off that gift to your officer buddy. That makes carrying it all that way worth it. I barely finished under 7 hours so I would have slowed you down.

Bert, so double digits, huh? That means there are triple digits in your future! :rolleyes:

Kids asked if I was going to do the Whole again (and I did the Half two years ago). I said no, I might come back in a year or two and do the 5k (which is untimed). :yay: (I did all 4 Marathon weekend races over a decade ago so this is halfway thru the second go-around - I only have the shorter two left).

Bama Ed

EXCELLENT OZGOOD !!!!!

We were going to stay until tomorrow but front roof air compressor stopped working last night, no heat pump, getting ready to head out in about an hour. Will be using RV for Bike Sebring 12/24 Hours in a few weeks with a bunch of other cyclists using it as a home base so I have to check it out ASAP. The hurting from yesterday is still lingering but not as bad as I thought it would be...sooooo....maybe I'll have another McFlurry stop in 2018 only I will have to train for the 26.2.

Safe traveling to all.

McFlurry John

Interesting note for this year's Full Marathon.

I noticed there were 17,000+ finishers listed in the results section but this link:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/marathon-weekend-2017.3462684/page-336 (see post #6712)

shows there were approximately 6,800 registered Full runners who DID NOT run the Full (you would think because of the cold temps).

No wonder they were handing out two food boxes to finishers by the time I crossed the Finish Line.

Bama Ed

PS - feels good to be home.

Update: I did a search today on the 2017 Full Marathon RunDisney results page with the only input being the state of Florida (FL). After filtering the data there were over 6,100 people from the state of Florida who appeared like they had signed up but didn't run at all. There was no times for any waypoint.

It makes sense that the cold weather may have discouraged some Floridians who had trained in conditions not that cold. So only 17,000+ people finished and the run started with the 1,500 Half folks who had moved up to the Full.

I've got a Half at the end of January and one the first weekend of March to get ready for (Gulf Shores and Tuscaloosa). I've got a blister (big one) on the bottom of my right foot up near where the 2nd and 3rd toe join. It's always something, isn't it?

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter