Marathon Weekend 2017, and so it begins!!!!

......... It's always something, isn't it?

Bama Ed

No BLACK toenails?????? :crutches: Good luck with the upcoming races.

Moved to FL in 1986 at the age of 36, when the temperature is below 70F I'm freezing, did not train for the marathon, had the worst knees EVA and still sucked up to the challenge. All those wimpy youngsters.....:teeth:

I am a little late chimming in here but things have been crazy...not bad crazy. I had a beautiful run on Friday at the 10k. So much better than the rain I ran in last year. Sorry for all the bad weather that followed.

I had an excellent time at MK after the 10k and managed to keep up with my daughter and grandaughters til 5 pm at the park. After we returned to the Fort we all ate and then my DD and oldest GD returned for fireworks.

I lost 3 toenails last year but this year no problems. Maybe the compression socks helped. I finished 3 minutes faster than last year!

Goal complete. Had a terrific run in NOLA. Am super thrilled. Ran 3:54:03. I think the next goal might be BQ.

Bert also PRd the half in 1:56:30.

AWESOME !!!!! Congratulations and you better start watching out for speed traps.

Thanks John. Was on such a high I just wanted to post that time. My previous best marathon was Disney in 2009 at 4:38. I never would have thought I could go under 4 hours. I guess I have to credit the miserable 2016 Disney race. I justed wanted to be fast. I spent 2016 getting slim and faster. I knew I had a few halfs under 2 hours, but I was not sure I could maintain for 26.2 miles. I may even buy the finisher pic I was so happy. I thought I might cry but nope I was just thrilled smile on my face and a few friends plus bert cheering me at the end.

Already have my sights on a local flat marathon in oct. if I PR again say 3:52, should be enough to Boston qualify. :dogdance:

......... I may even buy the finisher pic I was so happy. I thought I might cry but nope I was just thrilled smile on my face and a few friends plus bert cheering me at the end.

Already have my sights on a local flat marathon in oct. if I PR again say 3:52, should be enough to Boston qualify. :dogdance:

After all these years, I finally had Kathy purchase a photo from an event I participated in. The Celebration Half Marathon started as I expected since I had not done anything since Marathon Weekend. SLOW and uncomfortable with my legs feeling like lead logs. Had to chuckle to myself since maintaining a 14:30mpm walking pace was even difficult but something happened at mile 9 that caused me to start jogging and I got into a 12mpm pace. I was cruising along being careful and then at mile 11.75 at a 11:30mpm pace I tripped and did another signature John VN FACE PLANT!!! Left side into the concrete walk, broke eyeglasses putting arm mount into my ear, road rash from sidewalk on my left cheek, some knuckle scraping and an impact thankfully on left shoulder not my new right shoulder joint.

Got up, gathered broken glasses, antiseptic wipe on body parts and off for the finish first walking then back to jogging thanks to the Adrenalin. Knowing there would be finish line photos I intentionally pulled my jacket away from my body to reveal my bloody mess in all its glory as I crossed the mat. The photo was SO COOL I had to have Kathy purchase it.

If you would like to take a look http://chessiephoto.com/celebration?eq=1195 number 15 the last one.

Omg John that looks horrible. I would be like you and proud of my battle scars.

Feeling a lot better today but don't think I will run till Saturday.

John,

You one tough hombre'. You look awesome crossing the Finish Line.

Plus chicks dig scars. Proud of ya.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter