• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Magic Band color complaint

Is this serious? Please tell me this is being facetious. I can't wrap my head around all the minutiae posters complain about on this site.

Isn't it even smaller to complain about minutiae posters?

Can't waste my time reading threads I'm not interested in so I am always amazed when someone's else does and then further wastes time posting about something they aren't interested in.

I hope OP was joking. Purple is my favorite color, but there are no such things as girl colors and boy colors, and it's silly to reinforce that belief.

Walk into any clothing store baby aisle and what will you see?

I want purple. I already have pink, blue, yellow and red.

Isn't it even smaller to complain about minutiae posters?

Can't waste my time reading threads I'm not interested in so I am always amazed when someone's else does and then further wastes time posting about something they aren't interested in.

Isn't your post doing exactly that?

Sent from my IPad using DisBoards.

I hear you, though. I'd like to see them come out with black, purple, and maybe a darker green.

I think a white would look pretty good with the gray trim . Also, speaking of light/dark, they could easily have a light blue (e.g sky blue) and a dark blue (e.g. royal or navy blue) as opposed to the one shade.

I thought the same thing OP. I was really surprised there was no purple. Don't pay attention to people complaining about your thread. It's funny lol. I will say that I don't like the whole girl colors/boy colors. I'm a girl and I Love greens, teal, black etc. Im also very surprised they don't offer black. LOVE all the modded ones! So cool!

I really wanted purple also. Now we both have pink. But I really want purple. Maybe they will have it next year.

Maybe because purple doesn't "go" with any Disney character? Red is for Mickey, Pink is for Minnie, and grey is neutral. Maybe they don't have anything ready to sell such as band covers that will go with a purple band?:confused3

Though I have someone in my family who loves purple, and will be very disappointed not to get a MB in that color.

Figment and Rapunzel are/wear purple.

I would have loved black, my favorite color but purple would have been my second choice. I did have red for about a month but changed it to green recently.

For that matter, why don't they offer it in puce?

Downright unacceptable is what it is!

No no no, I want chartreuse!

Rip me all you want. I know it's trivial. Many post trivial things. I just thought purple would be a nice addition.:)not a big thing! Happy holidays!

It's not you wanting purple. LOTS of people want purple. There's a fairly long-running thread (ever since the MBs were actually being ordered and sent) about WHY no purple.

It's the "girl color" "boy color" thing. That's 100% cultural and isn't anything real. 100 years ago boys wore pink and had long ringlets even in America. Pink being "for" girls is nearly brand new in the grand scheme of things in western culture.

In Korea (where DH's mom is from), there's no such thing. DS's 1st birthday outfit set from Korea was a wonderful red with BRIGHT stripes of all sorts of colors. On his 7th birthday the Korean relatives sent another birthday outfit and it was BRIGHT pink with all sorts of other bright stripes.

I wish more things were gender neutral.

Me, too.

Someone in a recent thread mentioned that they met someone who thought GREEN was a "girl" color. My goodness I thought yellow and green were the last bastion of NEUTRAL for babies!

I have the opposite problem. I have trouble remembering which color I ordered for which vacation! I have a gray, a pink, a green, and a blue, and a red on the way. I know people have said that it doesn't really matter which one I use, but I would like to have the appropriate one available, just in case, but I don't want to take them all. I wish they put the date issued underneath the name on the inside. It would seem like they should at some point, since the batteries inside don't last forever.

I would like purple though . . . . .

You could simply put the dates on the inside. No one makes you put your name. :)

After a couple of rounds of this I did ask to speak to the manager. I wasn't upset, but did indicate that I thought it was a mistake to label the meals as "Boy" or "Girl" to customers. Kids like all kinds of toys but the message being sent was that it was somehow inappropriate for a girl to want a car or a boy to want a doll. I did notice that the next time we went we were asked if we would like a Hot Wheel or a Barbie. :thumbsup2 I don't know if it was a change that came down through management or just that the employee chose to say it that way.

Woohoo! You are powerful!

Exactly. :thumbsup2

Figment is about to be shut down. And Repunzel is still fairly new. I think they are going with the standard Disney colors for now. Hopefully they will expand into more colors in the future.

Figment is about to be shut down. And Repunzel is still fairly new. I think they are going with the standard Disney colors for now. Hopefully they will expand into more colors in the future.

I don't think the colors have anything to do with the characters. If they did I think Disney would use that in the marketing. Also, the original band colors included purple but when they were redesigned it was eliminated.

And this is the first I have heard of Figment going away. Where did you hear that?

I don't think the colors have anything to do with the characters. If they did I think Disney would use that in the marketing. Also, the original band colors included purple but when they were redesigned it was eliminated.

And this is the first I have heard of Figment going away. Where did you hear that?

A persistent rumor that started a few months back. I don't put any real stock into it.

Really? My favourite colour has always been black, ever since I was little.

Some people...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter