Magic Band color complaint

Why are people complaining about a thread about magic band colors? Aren't you tired of all those darned FP+ threads? I know I am. Let us talk trivial things and skip the thread if you're bothered so much.

I picked green as my color as pink is also not my favorite but I'll trade it for purple as quick as you can say pixiedust if/when it becomes available. My mom picked blue but is thinking about changing it to orange. All I know is that I want those pretty MB pins, specially if they have anything Donald Duck related for sale!

Personally, I would replace orange with purple. I think of purple as a more popular color, and it's an option for someone who wants something less "vivid," but not gray. And just to chime in on the "gender" issue, I'm female, and my life-long favorite color has always been blue.

Could not disagree more. Orange is a very cool color, very vibrant and happy. As I said before, my mom is actually thinking about changing hers to Orange. They could add purple and get rid of that horrible grey color. Or add it and not get it ridden of any other color. What is one more color?

I can't understand why some people are taking such an issue with the OP's comment. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all... Isn't the point of the DIS so that us fanatics can find other fanatics to talk to about everything Disney? :goodvibes

I have been struggling with my color choice (even though it's not going to make or break my vacation) because green is my favorite color but I don't like the shade of green of the MB. I was deciding between pink and blue when I discovered this thread this morning... and now I'm SUPER excited to paint my MB to something sparkly and fun! And the best part is...it can be exactly the shade that you want!

Pictures start in post #23

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3190181

I have the opposite problem. I have trouble remembering which color I ordered for which vacation! I have a gray, a pink, a green, and a blue, and a red on the way. I know people have said that it doesn't really matter which one I use, but I would like to have the appropriate one available, just in case, but I don't want to take them all. I wish they put the date issued underneath the name on the inside. It would seem like they should at some point, since the batteries inside don't last forever.

I would like purple though . . . . .

I am actually surprised they do not have black or purple. When I had a shop the number one selling color of anything for girls was always purple.

I am way more concerned with them getting the functionality of the MBs right before they add another colour ;).

But seriously, boy and girl colours? Is there a law that a girl cannot choose a MB other than pink or purple, leaving girls with no choices when purple isn't available? Also, nobody is going to get kicked out of the park for having the same colour MB as someone else in there party.

I'm surprised they don't offer patterned ones for a fee in addition to the accessories you can buy in the parks, I wouldn't be surprised if that happens sooner than later.

Rip me all you want. I know it's trivial. Many post trivial things. I just thought purple would be a nice addition.:)not a big thing! Happy holidays!

I want purple too. Each time I book a trip, I am hopeful it has been added. I will manage, of course.

I think it is nuts to get a new set each trip. We are collecting all the colors.

I'm not a purple person, but I've wondered about the lack of purple too. Heck, there is a princess that wears purple, right? Seems like there would be purple bands.

Also, how bout a black band? Classic. Simple. Understated.

Personally, I would replace orange with purple. I think of purple as a more popular color, and it's an option for someone who wants something less "vivid," but not gray. And just to chime in on the "gender" issue, I'm female, and my life-long favorite color has always been blue.
I picked orange because it is my favorite color (Go Vols!). I can't wait to wear it during the Princess Half weekend!! I'm sure once they are through with the testing phase, they will add more colors. My DD favorite color is purple. She actually keeps telling me she changed her name to purple. I hope they add it before her next trip.

I have the opposite problem. I have trouble remembering which color I ordered for which vacation! I have a gray, a pink, a green, and a blue, and a red on the way. I know people have said that it doesn't really matter which one I use, but I would like to have the appropriate one available, just in case, but I don't want to take them all. I wish they put the date issued underneath the name on the inside. It would seem like they should at some point, since the batteries inside don't last forever.

I would like purple though . . . . .

You will not need to know which one is for which reservation. While they are created because of your reservation, they are not tied to that reservation. They are tied to your user profile on MDEx. All bands that have been created for you will access the same information. Your resort reservations are linked to your profile so that bands will let you into your resort rooms. The same is true of your FP+ selections, ME reservation, credit card, Photopass/Memory Maker, etc.

We each had four bands in November and all worked for everything. I now have all seven colors and have no clue which was for each leg of my upcoming three-resort, split-stay vacation.

As a family of 6, I know we need more than most, but why don't they offer more "girl" colors. I have 4 boys, but they along with my DH took all the colors but pink - which means that is my choice. Pink is not one of my favorites. Why would they not offer purple? Families with multiple girls must have a hard time. I know they can't offer too many choices, but it just seems to me that purple is such a logical choice. What were they thinking?

When my husband and I were shopping for phones a few years ago, the one we decided on came in grey and pink. The salesperson looked at me and said "I guess you want the pink one". I am female but my husband just started laughing hysterically and said "no way she wants a pink one!".

I guess there are people who assume pink is a "female" color but I have never owned anything pink in my 51 years on this earth.

I personally don't care what color my MagicBand is going to be - as long as it works. I'll be on vacation and won't be concerning myself with color coordination.

I would prefer that they have a purple one because purple is my favorite color to wear, but no biggie, I chose yellow instead.

As for "girl colors" and "boy colors," uh, what? I wasn't aware that people were confined to specific colors based on their gender...

I have two little girls. I may have gotten pink and purple if those were options...had to go with 2 pink. Although they want the same everything so not sure how that would have turned out!!

When my husband and I were shopping for phones a few years ago, the one we decided on came in grey and pink. The salesperson looked at me and said "I guess you want the pink one". I am female but my husband just started laughing hysterically and said "no way she wants a pink one!".

I guess there are people who assume pink is a "female" color but I have never owned anything pink in my 51 years on this earth.

I personally don't care what color my MagicBand is going to be - as long as it works. I'll be on vacation and won't be concerning myself with color coordination.

This reminds me of a situation we had, on several occasions over the years, at McDonalds. When the kids were little we would sometimes let them get a Happy Meal as a treat. Most of the time there were no issues, but every time they offered Hot Wheels/Barbies as the toy we were asked if the meal was for a boy or for a girl. Well, DD didn't like Barbies and loved playing with Hot Wheels with her brother. I would always say "It is for a girl, but she would like a Hot Wheels toy please."

After a couple of rounds of this I did ask to speak to the manager. I wasn't upset, but did indicate that I thought it was a mistake to label the meals as "Boy" or "Girl" to customers. Kids like all kinds of toys but the message being sent was that it was somehow inappropriate for a girl to want a car or a boy to want a doll. I did notice that the next time we went we were asked if we would like a Hot Wheel or a Barbie. :thumbsup2 I don't know if it was a change that came down through management or just that the employee chose to say it that way.

As far as MBs go, the three girls in our group all have multiple bands. One has orange/blue/yellow, one has blue/green/red/gray/yellow and I have all seven colors. My DS, who always likes to buck stereotypes has a pink band along with his red, blue, yellow and green versions. :) I don't think of any of the colors as boy/girl specific, although I do recognize that there aren't a lot of boys that will choose pink.

As a family of 6, I know we need more than most, but why don't they offer more "girl" colors. I have 4 boys, but they along with my DH took all the colors but pink - which means that is my choice. Pink is not one of my favorites. Why would they not offer purple? Families with multiple girls must have a hard time. I know they can't offer too many choices, but it just seems to me that purple is such a logical choice. What were they thinking?

Finger nail polish.

The 'who has decorated your MB' thread is a great resource.

Seems that nail polish will not interfer with the band and you can totally customize it.

I'll link.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3190181

FTR: I also am not a gender/color fan. My favorite color is blue (band 1) I chose Dis Green for my next trip, I like green ok, but mainly just thought Dis green would be fun. I'll be choosing red or grey as my next bands as I like red and grey is my go to color for everything right after blue.

I hate yellow and purple and barely tolerate pink, orange is the color of our football rival, so not happening but in truth I only own one orange piece of clothing so not really a fan of it either.

Maybe because purple doesn't "go" with any Disney character? Red is for Mickey, Pink is for Minnie, and grey is neutral. Maybe they don't have anything ready to sell such as band covers that will go with a purple band?:confused3

Though I have someone in my family who loves purple, and will be very disappointed not to get a MB in that color.

If I had to wear a band I would have chosen purple if it was available. Green is my favorite color but I don't like wearing it. My DD's (7,12) would likely choose red and blue.

I hope OP was joking. Purple is my favorite color, but there are no such things as girl colors and boy colors, and it's silly to reinforce that belief.

As a family of 6, I know we need more than most, but why don't they offer more "girl" colors. I have 4 boys, but they along with my DH took all the colors but pink - which means that is my choice.

Is grey not a color anymore? If your boys and your husband took red, blue, green, yellow, and orange, you could choose grey or pink unless I am missing something. :thumbsup2

I hear you, though. I'd like to see them come out with black, purple, and maybe a darker green.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter