Magic Band color complaint

When we were checking in to VGF in mid November, the cast member checking us in said that there had been a lot of people asking for purple and that it was going to be added. This was unsolicited (I.e. I wasn't complaining about colors or asking for more, they brought it up). There was no mention of this being a premium color that would cost extra.

There was a rumor not long after people could begin customizing the bands that purple would be added. Still not here. :(

As a family of 6, I know we need more than most, but why don't they offer more "girl" colors. I have 4 boys, but they along with my DH took all the colors but pink - which means that is my choice. Pink is not one of my favorites. Why would they not offer purple? Families with multiple girls must have a hard time. I know they can't offer too many choices, but it just seems to me that purple is such a logical choice. What were they thinking?

You can buy raps to rap around the band. As far as I know all they have is the haunted mansion

To be honest, I am surprised they didn't have purple. I am hoping they bring it out soon! My mum and I both had a pink Magic Band which was a shame because it would have been nice for all of the family to have different colours.

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Besides, Disney has a vested interest in limiting color choices - they want to upsell the coverbands. :)

They need to get some better ones then!

The discussion of putting things on a blue band now has me thinking of a Ravenclaw-colored band.....

What's a "girl color"?

My guess would be any colour possessing certain archaic cultural attributes that were once popularly assigned to girls - sweetness, passivity, submissiveness, passive aggression, cattiness, poor driving abilities, and a notable tendency toward statements like, "I like shopping!" and "Math is hard!"

Exactly what that colour would be, I have no idea. But a survey of 1950's era magazine kitchen ads might offer some clues. Turquoise and buttery yellow do seem popular... ;)

american-kitchen-1950-a1.jpg

"Look, Ethel! I've redone my whole kitchen in Girl Color!"

If anything, I'm more annoyed that the blue band is more TARDIS and less turquoise. Not that I don't like the TARDIS, but my favourite colour is anything in the aqua range. Plus, if my memory serves me correctly, a lot of the old advertisement photos they put out when this was first announced featured a much lighter blue band colour.

I ended up going over the blue MB with a turquoise nail varnish, hairspraying it for stickiness and adding glitter, then sealing with a topcoat and drawing zebra print with a darker blue Sharpie. Also did rhinestones on the end of the band like others have done in that thread. I honestly loved doing it and am almost tempted to get more to do it for fun. xD

I love purple but am very happy to get red because I think that red goes with all things disney(i'm more a traditional character fan then princess)...

If anything, I'm more annoyed that the blue band is more TARDIS and less turquoise. Not that I don't like the TARDIS, but my favourite colour is anything in the aqua range. Plus, if my memory serves me correctly, a lot of the old advertisement photos they put out when this was first announced featured a much lighter blue band colour.

If you are referring to the image posted earlier in this thread, that wasn't so much an advertisement as it was showing prototypes. The end results are different in a number of ways.

Later versions used in ads may have also been prototypes, but also colors may not be reflected 100% accurately in print. Heck, when you see ads showing different colors of the same item of clothing nowadays, you are likely seeing the results of photoshop, and not a picture of the actual item in that color.

If you are referring to the image posted earlier in this thread, that wasn't so much an advertisement as it was showing prototypes. The end results are different in a number of ways.

Later versions used in ads may have also been prototypes, but also colors may not be reflected 100% accurately in print. Heck, when you see ads showing different colors of the same item of clothing nowadays, you are likely seeing the results of photoshop, and not a picture of the actual item in that color.

Yeah, you're right. Even the picture of my MB on the MDE website looks lighter than the band itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter