• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 2014 discount watch!!

I've been calling for the Visa discount and now the Winter Savings Offer for POP Century. Standard rooms don't seem to be part of either discount - they only have preferred or preferred pool view. We really just want standard as we always request to be away from the pool anyway. Anybody get a standard room at POP with either of these promotions?

(We are FL residents and AP holders, but those rates are not out yet.)

Yes, I was able to choose either Play, Stay, Dine or the Room Only discount for a standard room at Pop. I chose the RO offer since I'm not a big fan of dining plans.

I've been calling for the Visa discount and now the Winter Savings Offer for POP Century. Standard rooms don't seem to be part of either discount - they only have preferred or preferred pool view. We really just want standard as we always request to be away from the pool anyway. Anybody get a standard room at POP with either of these promotions?

Yes, I booked a short trip Jan 24-Jan 27 at POP and got a standard room. It must depend on the exact dates

Yup, got late Jan for a Standard room at Pop, Stay Play Dine. I also did it online this morning around 5:45 am. :)

Hope you have some more luck!

I'm just curious if anyone was able to get the S/P/D discount for a standard room at POR? I had to upgrade to garden view and I'm trying to figure out if the standard rooms were excluded from the offer or just already sold out by the time I got through this morning.

We booked POR standard originally with SPD & then changed to POFQ garden view ... There were some available - maybe just booked for your dates - keep trying!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards ... 09/2010 CBR Pirate Room ; 11/2012 POR Royal Room ; Early 2014 CS in planning process'

Must depend on your dates. As I play with the special offer online, I can see Pop standard rooms available for S/P/D for January dates, for example, Sat Jan 18 to Sat Jan 25. If I switch that to a shorter stay Sat Jan 18 to Tue Jan 21 then the standard room shows as not available.

Yes, I was able to choose either Play, Stay, Dine or the Room Only discount for a standard room at Pop. I chose the RO offer since I'm not a big fan of dining plans.

Yes, I booked a short trip Jan 24-Jan 27 at POP and got a standard room. It must depend on the exact dates

Yup, got late Jan for a Standard room at Pop, Stay Play Dine. I also did it online this morning around 5:45 am. :)

Hope you have some more luck!

Our dates are Jan 17-20 (MLK holiday weekend), for a room only and they have said no standards. Maybe the standards booked up or are being held? :confused3 Doesn't make sense. I've never had that happen before.

Thanks for the Southwest update! I saved about $250 on our flights! That makes me feel better about having to upgrade to CL at they Poly ;)

We are super excited because we only needed the RO discount (DH has a convention rate on Disney tickets) and we got 35% off our family suite at ASM for $169 a night - Jan 4-8!! About to surprise 18 & 19 year old DDs that we are staying onsite!!:yay::yay::yay:
Thank you to everyone who offered "magical" advice! I always learn so much when reviewing these boards!

I booked my Jan trip using the discount from today but will there be an AP discount as well? I can't remember if it's ever better or the same. It's been too long lol Thanks!

Needed to find a room for my sister, who's decided to join us for the first half of our trip in early Jan. With the free dining PIN, she's getting a room at Caribbean Beach Club and invited us to stay with her, so that includes 2-day tickets (DS and I will upgrade to AP from that) and DDP for all 4 of us. Once you subtract the how much we would've paid for park tickets and how much we would have paid OOP (inclusive of TiW discount!) for the meals covered by our DDP, the room turns out to cost us $138 for the 3 nights. And if we factor in my cost for TiW card, not yet purchased, the room is $38. Yay, free dining!!

We will be off-site for the other half of the trip, but this was a nice add, and now we will be on-site for half the trip.

Thank you Disney, for this discount, and DIS boards, for keeping us in the loop about it!

Ok, so I just called and was able to get a RO discount on our Boardwalk Inn standard view room Jan 7-13. I was planning on doing the RO discount, then adding the park tickets and dining plan on top if that, since that saved us (3 adults) more than doing the S/P/D discount.

The agent I spoke to, though, said that I COULDN'T add tickets and dining plan to a RO reservation, that to get a discount, I had to do the S/P/D. Am I not understanding how the discounts work? Could I switch to a package and still apply the RO discount to it?

Thanks in advance! I thought I was already prepared for these decisions, but turns out I wasn't! Lol.

Ok, so I just called and was able to get a RO discount on our Boardwalk Inn standard view room Jan 7-13. I was planning on doing the RO discount, then adding the park tickets and dining plan on top if that, since that saved us (3 adults) more than doing the S/P/D discount. The agent I spoke to, though, said that I COULDN'T add tickets and dining plan to a RO reservation, that to get a discount, I had to do the S/P/D. Am I not understanding how the discounts work? Could I switch to a package and still apply the RO discount to it? Thanks in advance! I thought I was already prepared for these decisions, but turns out I wasn't! Lol.

Ok, I went ahead and called back tonight, and got an agent who knew what he was doing! I did have to officially switch to a package, but he was able to apply the RO discount to that, and he double checked my math to make sure that was indeed a better deal than the S/P/D. We ended up saving $900!! Woohoo!!

The only thing that would be better is if I somehow got a free dining pin! I'm super happy, and so excited to plan away!

How exactly do you go about getting credit back from Southwest? Just call them? Or is there a way to do it from their website?

I had flights already booked through SW and then the fares that came out today were much lower for my flight. On there website, you log into your account and pull up your itinerary. Then there is an option to cancel or change. You choose "change" and then the site will take you through the rebooking process(i was simply rebooking the same exact flights, just at a lower fare). I got an email confirmation of both my refund and of the new flight(even though they were actually the same flight)

I had flights already booked through SW and then the fares that came out today were much lower for my flight. On there website, you log into your account and pull up your itinerary. Then there is an option to cancel or change. You choose "change" and then the site will take you through the rebooking process(i was simply rebooking the same exact flights, just at a lower fare). I got an email confirmation of both my refund and of the new flight(even though they were actually the same flight)

Cool, thanks for the info! I'll have to take a look at my flights.

We had previously priced out flights on Southwest for 3 of us to be $1002 for our trip in late January, but my wife heard about Southwest having a sale from a co-worker so I checked it out last night and glad I did! We went from $1002 for our flights to $585...so almost half price!

Also I called Disney thinking I would try my discount luck again after reading some posts on here about people saving on trips they had arleady booked. Although I was on hold for 85 minutes it paid off with savings of $545 with the 35% off room discount at WL.

Any day I can save over $1000 on a trip to WDW is a good day to me! :thumbsup2

I rented points for this upcoming January and no matter what kind of deal Disney may offer I'm still going to come out ahead. I compared what I'm paying for a 7 day split AKL Kidani Savannah View/BCV stay with Dining Plan to the "Stay, Play & Dine Plan" and I'm saving $1,200 for the week! Even if they offer a great room only discount, I'll still be ahead. :teacher:

Now that the January discounts are out I was really able to compare apples to apples and verify what I said above. The cost breakdown looks like this (for 7 day split stay, 2 adults & 1 child - room/5 day hopper tix and DDP):

S/P/D Package quoted as - $5,264.88

RO Discount quoted as - $3,990.58
+ $1,006.44 tickets thru Undercover Tourist
+ $ 905.73 DDP using 5% discounted Target Disney Gift Cards
$4,896.31 Total

Daves DVC Studio Rental - $1,470.00
+ $1,006.44 tickets thru Undercover Tourist
+ $ 905.73 DDP using 5% dscounted Target Disney Gift Cards
$3,338.17 Total

A savings of $1,558.14 for the week. So glad I took the chance and rented points early! :goodvibes

Hi Guys,

Quick recap: I'm going to the Disney Half Marathon in January. I won a $1200 travel girt certificate from a local travel agent. Booked at Pop (preferred) 6 day hopper and regular dining plan. I e-mailed my travel agent to request one of yesterday's discounts be applied to my package. Was flat out told no by her booking company.

Based on everything I read here I called e-mailed back my travel agent, and requested that she speak to the booking agent again. It's Canada, so everything is a 2 step process. I was originally denied any discounts because Transat (The booking company) told my travel agent that making any changes would cancel my reservation, and since I did not have cancelation insurance... blah blah blah.

I read that some of you were simply adding the room only discounts to an existing reservation, so I told my travel agent that I spoke to someone "at Disney", (You guys are close enough :) ), and Disney said that the discount could be applied to existing reservations. I also mentioned that their provider, Transat, was doing their agency a disservice by giving them false information. This kind of pissed off my travel agent, because this was apparently not the first time her booker has given her incorrect information.

Long story short, the booking agent put the request in after 2 days. I'm not able to get any money back, but I was able to upgrade to the deluxe dining plan for an additional $118 for 7 nights... basically under the $18 upgrade I was originally hoping for. So my entire package 7 nights, 6 park days, deluxe dining cost me $687 out of pocket.

Thanks to everyone on this board for the knowledge that helped make this happen. :banana::cool1::cheer2::thumbsup2

We are super excited because we only needed the RO discount (DH has a convention rate on Disney tickets) and we got 35% off our family suite at ASM for $169 a night - Jan 4-8!! About to surprise 18 & 19 year old DDs that we are staying onsite!!:yay::yay::yay:
Thank you to everyone who offered "magical" advice! I always learn so much when reviewing these boards!

That's great! What was the RO discount code? I still haven't found it for 35% off. I was hoping for an AP discount code, but it hasn't come out yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter