January 2014 discount watch!!

What is the Target Red card + Prescriptions discount?

If you have the Target red card (debit/credit card), you get 5% off all purchases at Target including Disney Gift cards. You can transfer prescriptions and get additional % off coupons to stack for saving a chunk of change on Disney gift cards. Then use them to pay off your trip or use the in the park etc.

That's great! But doesn't the red card + prescription rewards = a little under 10% savings? (5% off followed by another 5% off)

i actually have a 10% off one purchase at Target...and i can stack it with my RedCard, which means 15% off!! This was so exciting to see...we are going to Disney for more than half off rack rate!:rotfl2:

parsonsfamily said:
Let me know if you are able to use the 25% off. Our TA told us it wasn't available or something.

I've been reading a lot of people saying their travel agents wouldn't apply the discount because they weren't aware of any of them! You'd think theyd read up on this kind of stuff..

What is the Target Red card + Prescriptions discount?

The prescription discount program works this way: For every 5 prescriptions you fill, you get a coupon that gives you 5% off a day of shopping at Target. As an added bonus, during the month of October, every prescription filled actually counts as 2 prescriptions filled, so you earn your coupon faster. ;)

i actually have a 10% off one purchase at Target...and i can stack it with my RedCard, which means 15% off!! This was so exciting to see...we are going to Disney for more than half off rack rate!:rotfl2:

Sounds like an awesome deal :-) But, I'm confused about this Target stuff (I do have a Target red card). So, then you use the 15% to purchase One Disney gift card, right? If so, then aren't they only $50 max?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just a little confused on how much/many gift cards people are purchasing to make their reservation a considerable discount. Anything to help bring down that cost is fabulous!!!

jhpatrick1 said:
Sounds like an awesome deal :-) But, I'm confused about this Target stuff (I do have a Target red card). So, then you use the 15% to purchase One Disney gift card, right? If so, then aren't they only $50 max?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just a little confused on how much/many gift cards people are purchasing to make their reservation a considerable discount. Anything to help bring down that cost is fabulous!!!

Most of the target % off coupons are good for one purchase or one day of shopping, not one item. So for your one purchase, you can buy $1000 or so worth of gift cards. :-)

I forgot to pop back on here to follow up on my last post. The night before the latest discounts became public, I got an email with a PIN for free dining. We were adding dining to our ressie anyway so the free dining saved us $1200 and with that savings I was able to add an additional night to our 1/4-1/9 now 1/10 stay!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1: AWESOMENESS!

Now I see that I can save another 5% by buying Disney gift cards at Target to pay off my balance... WOOP WOOP my extra night now is actually only going to cost me 50% of rack rate.... I just got a an extra dose of Pixie Dust!!!

My3Princez said:
Most of the target % off coupons are good for one purchase or one day of shopping, not one item. So for your one purchase, you can buy $1000 or so worth of gift cards. :-)

I was going to use Target cards to get tickets but a CM told me I could only use two gift cards.

I was going to use Target cards to get tickets but a CM told me I could only use two gift cards.

A Disney CM told you that you could only use two gift cards to purchase Disney tickets? This board is FULL of people who have been able to use stacks of Target purchased Disney Gift Cards to pay for tickets, resort stays, annual passes, DVC dues, etc. Both on the phone and in person at Guest Relations and Resorts and when booking through travel agents. It definitely can be done. Sometimes CM's just don't know.

A Disney CM told you that you could only use two gift cards to purchase Disney tickets? This board is FULL of people who have been able to use stacks of Target purchased Disney Gift Cards to pay for tickets, resort stays, annual passes, DVC dues, etc. Both on the phone and in person at Guest Relations and Resorts and when booking through travel agents. It definitely can be done. Sometimes CM's just don't know.

I was even able to go a Disney Store here in Virginia buy our annual passes paying with all $50 gift cards that we had bought at Target

Just got off the phone with CM, trying to change a room-only reservation to a package. I used gift cards to make the deposit on the room-only ressie. The CM told me that she would have to refund the money to my gift cards and then make a new reservation. I'm at work, and am not sure if I even kept my cards. I hope I did...:scared:

Over the phone and online will only accept 2 individual cards. You could use two $500 GC but you could t use ten $50 GC. You can use as many as you like for rooms and packages. Buying tickets in person you can also use as many GC as you like.

Over the phone and online will only accept 2 individual cards. You could use two $500 GC but you could t use ten $50 GC. You can use as many as you like for rooms and packages. Buying tickets in person you can also use as many GC as you like.

I agree with the others. People use bunches of $50 GCs to pay off thousands of dollars. All in one phone call. If the CM won't do it call back until one will. I'm doing it this weekend to buy tickets. All in $50 cards.

Check your Southwest flights again! Ours just went down again and I was able to put another 6000 points back in our account! :cool1:

luvallprincesses said:
I agree with the others. People use bunches of $50 GCs to pay off thousands of dollars. All in one phone call. If the CM won't do it call back until one will. I'm doing it this weekend to buy tickets. All in $50 cards.

Can you keep us posted on this? I have 5 tickets I need to buy. I don't want to use UT because of the problems some people have had linking their tickets so target cards are another option if allowed to use several of them.

How do you get your points refunded by Southwest?

As in rapid rewards? When I cancelled (to rebook) they all went back into my account automatically. Then only the ones I used for the new reservation were pulled from my account leaving the remaining refunded rewards points as if they had never left my account. I didn't need to so anything.

You just click "change" once you have your reservation up. It will take you to a screen to choose the new lower priced flight and that's that! Three or four clicks and all the points are back in your account! So easy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter