January 2014 discount watch!!

For anyone doing room only who hasn't booked yet Travelocity is offering the room only discounts +15% off today only. Code is WKNDNOV15. I saved almost $100 for a week stay at Pop the end of January. Getting 3 rooms so almost $300 savings.

For anyone doing room only who hasn't booked yet Travelocity is offering the room only discounts +15% off today only. Code is WKNDNOV15. I saved almost $100 for a week stay at Pop the end of January. Getting 3 rooms so almost $300 savings.
Thanks so much for this info.
I just saved $184 off the already room only discount reservation I had made. Do you know if/how this would effect the magic express reservation I already have? Not going until late January, but already received our luggage tags, etc. I assume when I call to cancel my room only ressie w/ Disney that will cancel out everything. Magic Express and dining ressies too?!?
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you SO much for this info! We changed from All Star Sports to Pop Century and saved $42! Not a ton, but savings regardless!

Thanks so much for this info.
I just saved $184 off the already room only discount reservation I had made. Do you know if/how this would effect the magic express reservation I already have? Not going until late January, but already received our luggage tags, etc. I assume when I call to cancel my room only ressie w/ Disney that will cancel out everything. Magic Express and dining ressies too?!?
Any ideas would be appreciated.

I know if you cancel the room it doesn't cancel dining ressies or fast pass plus. Not sure about ME probably best to ask when you call. Glad you all could use the promo code as well!!!!

I know if you cancel the room it doesn't cancel dining ressies or fast pass plus. Not sure about ME probably best to ask when you call. Glad you all could use the promo code as well!!!!
Thanks for the info. You are correct... I called to cancel our room ressie and was told the dining would stay as is unless I cancel them. The ME has to be re-scheduled. They told me it can take up to 3 days for the ressie to show up on the Disney system.

Hey all,

Popped onto Travelocity tonight and found "DEAL10" for 10% off.. on top of a better rate on every Moderate than the FL resident rate through Disney's site.

Master Disney Booking Noob question. I booked through Orbitz last year because it was such a better deal on the hotel. If I can snag better deals through Orbitz/Travelocity than whatever promo Disney is doing and w/ FL resident on hotel, is there a real reason I pay the extra to book through Disney direct? I assume things like Free Dining pins and stuff become a no immediately, but if I'm saving a ton upfront vs. the tiny chance of getting FD... when does it become worth it?
(Thanks in advance)

I tried to do it and every time I picked a room category that showed available, it would then come up error message, not available? That's ok, they didn't have the BCV anyways, so I'll just stick with what I have. Thanks for posting this though! :)

Hey all,

Popped onto Travelocity tonight and found "DEAL10" for 10% off.. on top of a better rate on every Moderate than the FL resident rate through Disney's site.

Master Disney Booking Noob question. I booked through Orbitz last year because it was such a better deal on the hotel. If I can snag better deals through Orbitz/Travelocity than whatever promo Disney is doing and w/ FL resident on hotel, is there a real reason I pay the extra to book through Disney direct? I assume things like Free Dining pins and stuff become a no immediately, but if I'm saving a ton upfront vs. the tiny chance of getting FD... when does it become worth it?
(Thanks in advance)

Where is the January 2014 Florida resident discount???

Hey all,

(Thanks in advance)

I'd like to know this as well. We are visiting right before the discount begins, and are currently booked at the Dolphin because we want to walk to 2 of the parks and avoid the bus nightmares of vacations past. The cost of the Dolphin was about equal to the cost of a moderate, so it made sense (when I booked) to get walkability by staying at the Dolphin. However, the Dolphin is not part of the Magic Band system and I'm not thrilled with that. If we can save money by staying at a Disney hotel AND have Magic Bands/FP+ reservations ahead of time, I might be swayed to give up the room at the Dolphin.

Is there any down side to booking through Travelocity?

Over the phone and online will only accept 2 individual cards. You could use two $500 GC but you could t use ten $50 GC. You can use as many as you like for rooms and packages. Buying tickets in person you can also use as many GC as you like.

I just want to report our experience buying tickets at DTD. Our total bill was over $4,000. I pulled out my stack of gift cards (not from Target) but in denominations from $50-$500. The CM told me she could take up to 3 forms of payment with all the gift cards counting as 1 form (whew!). I then used my disney visa rewards card and then my disney visa to pick up the balance.

I just want to report our experience buying tickets at DTD. Our total bill was over $4,000. I pulled out my stack of gift cards (not from Target) but in denominations from $50-$500. The CM told me she could take up to 3 forms of payment with all the gift cards counting as 1 form (whew!). I then used my disney visa rewards card and then my disney visa to pick up the balance.

The inconsistent responses by the CMs are so crazy! Last year I upgraded three 2-day tickets to 10-day tickets, and a an AP exchange cert...paid for all of it with DGCs...all from $25--$100 range.

buckeev said:
The inconsistent responses by the CMs are so crazy! Last year I upgraded three 2-day tickets to 10-day tickets, and a an AP exchange cert...paid for all of it with DGCs...all from $25--$100 range.

There are different rules that apply to paying for packages versus just purchasing tickets to consider also. If you're paying for a package over the phone (which includes tickets) you can use as many gift cards as you want. If you're just buying tickets over the phone, there is a limit. If you are just buying tickets at a GR window it is like the other poster mentioned - a limit on the forms of payment, but all your gift cards count as one "form".

shocker said:

I was on the phone for over an hour trying to buy park tickets. And that was my third call. It was ridiculous. They could only take 2 forms of payments. One gift card and one visa or two gift cards. I needed 5 tickets totaling 1600. and had 4 gift cards. It should not be so hard to buy tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter