January 2014 discount watch!!

wdwfan22 said:
I have a room only with no discounts. I'm paying rack rate. Then I have a new reservatopm with package with S/P/D starting Jan 5.

Ahh okay, that's the same thing I have to do. I'm getting there the 3rd!

No, they will not do this. I called and specifically asked....even with a FD'ing pin code, where in theory, it would actually save them money by doing so :confused3.

Anyway, I was quoted $100 less to get 2 connecting rooms at a value vs. 1 room at POR. Not a bad deal! You get 2 bathrooms and 4 beds. Of course, this would only work if you don't mind the value theme.

That's a good idea!! You'll also end up saving more $$ in the end cause with QSdp you won't be forking out tips!!

Ahh okay, that's the same thing I have to do. I'm getting there the 3rd!

I'm just worried I won't get any FP+ selections my first 2 days, which will be very crowded days, and if regular is gone by then, like I have read in other posts, I don't like the idea of having to do stand by for all the rides on super crowded days. or wait til I get there and see whats available, which I assume all the E tickets will be gone.

I might have to change to RO the whole stay, which would cost cust about 3hundred more, but I really want some FP's those first days.

Now that the January discounts are out I was really able to compare apples to apples and verify what I said above. The cost breakdown looks like this (for 7 day split stay, 2 adults & 1 child - room/5 day hopper tix and DDP):

S/P/D Package quoted as - $5,264.88

RO Discount quoted as - $3,990.58
+ $1,006.44 tickets thru Undercover Tourist
+ $ 905.73 DDP using 5% discounted Target Disney Gift Cards
$4,896.31 Total

Daves DVC Studio Rental - $1,470.00
+ $1,006.44 tickets thru Undercover Tourist
+ $ 905.73 DDP using 5% dscounted Target Disney Gift Cards
$3,338.17 Total

A savings of $1,558.14 for the week. So glad I took the chance and rented points early! :goodvibes

I always find renting points to be a grand or more less than even the best deals Disney offers. Rack rates are just very very high compared to what you can rent DVC points for. So unless you want to stay at a resort that is not a DVC resort, renting points will always save you money.

Glad to hear that the rental priced out so much lower for you!

I was on hold for one hour ten minutes, but I ended up saving $670.18 on a RO reservation! Woo hoo!!! :banana: A very happy birthday to me!!! Yay!!! :laughing: On a side note: I know that I ended up calling at 7:05 and maybe that is why I ended up waiting over an hour when others were posting wait times of about 15 minutes. However, I do find myself wondering if people who posted those wait times were making new bookings, or if they were modifying an existing reservation like I was doing and whether or not that had an impact on the wait time? Not that it matters at all - it's really just a matter of curiosity :)

I was modifying that day and only spent 10-15 mins (I forget now) total call time. And she checked for any pins and added a birthday to all our reservations. I was thinking that same thing, but I started calling at 6:58 and kept pushing redial Til the magical little noise happened... I had to get to work and lose service on my way!

Denied anything by my travel agent. Oh well. No big deal.

That sounds not right... I would call again and tell them you did your research and they need to do theirs. Worst case scenario, cancel with your TA and book yourself. Honestly, I NEVER use a TA for Disney because the first one we tried put a very bad taste in my mouth from a way over budget price quote after we told them exactly what we wanted. I appreciated their trying to get us upgraded in every way possible, but I gave them a budget they didn't stick to it. Now, I just do it myself and it takes 5 minutes (unless you're on hold obviously). No offense to any TAs on here, but perhaps they are getting some sort of commission and don't want your trip costing any less in fear of it lowering their pay out??? Idk why you would be denied a discount. That's odd. I would go online and go through the motions and check what the quote comes up as and match it up, take a screen shot and send it to your TA and make them adjust or cancel... Just my opinion...

Did I read right that some people have gotten free dining pins? If so, was this through e-mail or your mailbox.

Thanks! Just curious... and hopeful!

Did I read right that some people have gotten free dining pins? If so, was this through e-mail or your mailbox.

Thanks! Just curious... and hopeful!

We got a free dining pin...found out on the phone with a CM! I did NOT receive an email. I called and simply asked if I or my DH had a pin code attached to our names. Bingo....happy, happy, happy dance!!!:cool1:

kbliss said:
We got a free dining pin...found out on the phone with a CM! I did NOT receive an email. I called and simply asked if I or my DH had a pin code attached to our names. Bingo....happy, happy, happy dance!!!:cool1:

But you have to pick one discount correct you can't do free dining with a r/o discount or the SPD discount?

Woohoo--just got the confirmation!

Last week we received the email that had you pick free dining or discounted room--went with the free dining.

For 2,593 we'll be back at the Fort for four nights, five days, and free dining.

[happy ferret dance]

First part of OCT was rough because I thought I had missed this round of pins :)

Hello all! I was just curious about how pins work. We weren't able to apply either the S/P/D or the RO offers to our current reservation at Wilderness Lodge Villas, so I'm hoping for a pin for our mid-January visit. If we haven't gotten one by now, are we out of luck. Or do they roll out at different times and we have a chance still. Thanks!

Hello all! I was just curious about how pins work. We weren't able to apply either the S/P/D or the RO offers to our current reservation at Wilderness Lodge Villas, so I'm hoping for a pin for our mid-January visit. If we haven't gotten one by now, are we out of luck. Or do they roll out at different times and we have a chance still. Thanks!

They go out in waves typically, so you could still get one! Check your spam too. They come from Disney Destinations.

But you have to pick one discount correct you can't do free dining with a r/o discount or the SPD discount?

Yes you have to choose one discount...free dining is only offered through random pins that are sent out.

My original point was to let you know that the pin was NOT sent via email, snail mail, etc. I found out about the pin when i called Disney & asked if they had a pin attached to either of our names. It was actually under my DH's name.

All in all, the 5 of us are going to Disney (rack rate of $4700ish) for $2441.00!! How you ask??

3 adults, 2 kids
7 Days at POR
Dining plan - free pin code
Target Red card + prescription coupon = extra 15% savings!!!

kbliss said:
Yes you have to choose one discount...free dining is only offered through random pins that are sent out.

My original point was to let you know that the pin was NOT sent via email, snail mail, etc. I found out about the pin when i called Disney & asked if they had a pin attached to either of our names. It was actually under my DH's name.

All in all, the 5 of us are going to Disney (rack rate of $4700ish) for $2441.00!! How you ask??

3 adults, 2 kids
7 Days at POR
Dining plan - free pin code
Target Red card + prescription coupon = extra 15% savings!!!

That's great! But doesn't the red card + prescription rewards = a little under 10% savings? (5% off followed by another 5% off)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter