IS there a Code watch Thread for OCtober 2010

My daughter received a PIN in the mail for various weeks starting in September. My wife and I used it to book WL for 10/22-29 but only five of those days were good for the PIN which came out to $219 w/taxes for Woods view. We had to pay rack for two days in Std. At least we have something and maybe a better deal will come out in July. The CM marked it a continuing reservation so hopefully the first two days at Std. will be upgraded to Woods. The CM also told me that is a PGA week so bookings are getting tighter and in general the PIN was selling out quickly for most dates.

Can someone please tell me what the "Monster Pin" is. I don't have time to search every page and haven't found an explanation quickly. Thanks!!!!

The CM also told me that is a PGA week so bookings are getting tighter and in general the PIN was selling out quickly for most dates.

:scared1::scared1:PGA week?? Oh no! we are booked that week! Hope it doesn't boost the crowds. When does the tournament start??

Can someone please tell me what the "Monster Pin" is. I don't have time to search every page and haven't found an explanation quickly. Thanks!!!!

The monster PIN is 40% off a value, mod or deluxe

"for stays most nights during these select weeks

9/1–10/9/10 • 10/24–10/30/10 • 11/14–11/20/10
11/28–12/4/10 • 12/12–12/18/10"

HTH:goodvibes

Thank you!!! My week is not included, so I guess I still have the best that is available so far....

Seriously, when does PGA start?
We got the Monster pin too. DH got that. I got an email earlier on for the worng dates. That monster pin has so many that are blacked out..it stinks. We would have basically had to get two different reservations..not hapening since that would mean two different sets of park tickets. We would have needed it for the dining plan. We have some great reservations we weren't willing to part with!

How does one ever get a pin??? I've booked through AAA, booked a room only. Disney surely has my name and email address, but I never get a pin. :(

People getting pins -- do you always book packages?

Am waiting for late October discounts.

How does one ever get a pin??? I've booked through AAA, booked a room only. Disney surely has my name and email address, but I never get a pin. :(

People getting pins -- do you always book packages?

Am waiting for late October discounts.

The best way to be considered for a pin code is to go to the Disney website and register w/ your email and also order a wdw vacation planning dvd (its free). Just b/c you've booked w/ AAA, it doesn't mean that you are registered on the wdw website - weird I know, but this is how it works.:rolleyes:

I am an AP holder and even I get pins. It seems to be completely random. So just go sign up and hopefully someday you'll get a visit from the pin fairy :wizard:

For more on pins, check out this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1686236

About PGA -
I did a search and it looks like the 2010 Children's Miracle Network Classic - part of the PGA tour is from November 11-14. So that doesn't cover any October dates.

It looks like it used to run in October (like back in 2006) but now it is in November. I cannot find any wdw information linking this event to October 2010.

The best way to be considered for a pin code is to go to the Disney website and register w/ your email and also order a wdw vacation planning dvd (its free). Just b/c you've booked w/ AAA, it doesn't mean that you are registered on the wdw website - weird I know, but this is how it works.:rolleyes:

I am an AP holder and even I get pins. It seems to be completely random. So just go sign up and hopefully someday you'll get a visit from the pin fairy :wizard:

Thanks, I've registered for the Free DVD for years in a row in the past and never got a pin. Also have a "saved" trip right now, hoping they'd send me a discount. But nothing. The pin fairies seem to skip me! :)

About PGA -
I did a search and it looks like the 2010 Children's Miracle Network Classic - part of the PGA tour is from November 11-14. So that doesn't cover any October dates.

It looks like it used to run in October (like back in 2006) but now it is in November. I cannot find any wdw information linking this event to October 2010.

Thanks Beauty and the Beast!!!

Ahhhh! Still waiting! I really want those pins for Oct to come out so I can purchase a plane ticket - we're between 2 different weeks right now.

If I have to wait until the end of July I may lose it. :upsidedow

Doesn't help me, I am going Oct. 14-18..waaaaa:sad1:

Even though those are my dates, pin codes don't do me any good because I never get one! :( I need a general use code, non resident.

Just read a thread that says free dining is available through October!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2502621

Book a value - Get Quick Service Dining Plan- Free
Book a moderate, deluxe or villa - Get the Disney Dining Plan-Free

This offer requires a minimum stay with park admission and is valid most nights Valid for stays most nights Aug. 15 – Oct. 7, 2010, Oct. 22 – Oct. 28, 2010, Nov. 12 - Nov. 18, 2010, Nov. 27 – Dec. 2, 2010 and Dec. 10 – Dec. 21, 2010. Addl Blackout dates may apply. Book by 8/14/10

So if you're looking for travel on those dates & want free dining, call wdw reservations.

I'm still waiting for an AP rate so it doesn't help me, but maybe it will help someone else!

After free dining comes out, shouldn't a room-only discount of some sort follow?! I don't really want free dining. We'll have very limited park time this trip and I don't want it spent sitting down waiting for meal service.

After free dining comes out, shouldn't a room-only discount of some sort follow?! I don't really want free dining. We'll have very limited park time this trip and I don't want it spent sitting down waiting for meal service.

I hoping for a room only discount too. We were fortunate and got a bounceback discount, but they wouldn't let us use it on the rest of our group.

Just got pin yesterday for Free Dining that wasn't blacked out for my dates Oct 16-24th. Called my AAA agent and got it changed for saving of $492! So excited!!!:cool1:

Just got pin yesterday for Free Dining that wasn't blacked out for my dates Oct 16-24th. Called my AAA agent and got it changed for saving of $492! So excited!!!:cool1:

Good for you!

STILL waiting for AP room discount rates to come out. I recently read that in 2008 they didn't come out until August - I think I may go mad :rotfl:

Good for you!

STILL waiting for AP room discount rates to come out. I recently read that in 2008 they didn't come out until August - I think I may go mad :rotfl:

Oh I might go stark raving mad by then!
You would think that they would make offers to AP holders before anyone else, but I guess they know we will be coming back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter