Is anyone cruising with me on the August 27th 2011 Meditteranean Cruise? Hellooooo?

Tjfrak, it is nice to see someone from San Diego! My parents have a place in Coronado in a place call Turtle Cay and we have visited there a few times. Lovely weather there! Thanks for the message!

austraveler, Diane and Hadley,
Thank you for the message! We have early dining too. Not sure if that's the best choice, but with the kids I was worried the late dinner would be too late for them. This cruise, being our first Disney cruise, will be a learning curve for us. I'm hoping the choices we have made (dinning, excursions, etc.) will be good... But I have a feeling this trip will be great no matter what! :cheer2:

Hope to meet you all... And if not, have a wonderful cruise!

Was picking up the on-line reading I was doing about Herculaneum and found this incredible site with a virtual tour of the excavations:

http://www.proxima-veritati.auckland.ac.nz/Herculaneum/index.html

The dots on the map are 3D photos (load one up and then drag the cursor around to get a 360 degree view) and on the left hand side is a menu of particular buildings and locations with detail maps for more view. It's a beautiful way to preview what is at Herculaneum.

Then, if you find an interesting location, you can see if there is text about the location at this other site:

http://www.pompeiisites.org/Sezione.jsp?titolo=The houses&idSezione=1728&idSezioneRif=1707

For example, the House of the mosaic atrium:

text description (http://www.pompeiisites.org/Sezione...ium (IV,1-2)&idSezione=1355&idSezioneRif=1357)
This is an aristocratic residence built in a scenic position, elegant in both its painted decorations and architectural space. The conventional name derives from the geometric black-and-white mosaic, with a checkerboard motif in the atrium, while the vestibule is inspired by the coffered ceilings. The ancient tablinum, aligned with the entrance, was converted into a hall with three naves, similar to a basilica (oecus Aegyptius), a room of extraordinary architectural significance that represents the only known example thus far discovered throughout the Vesuvian area. The garden, with its marble-covered fountain, is surrounded on three sides by porticos, and a windowed veranda on the north side: its floor is of sectile opus and the walls bear figurative ‘fourth style’ paintings, as in the rest of the house.

link to 3D of the mosaic at:
http://www.proxima-veritati.auckland.ac.nz/Herculaneum/Atrio_a_Mosaico/index.html

click the blue dot in the room marked "atrio"

visit the blue dot in the middle of the box marked Virdarium too - its a shot of the courtyard in the middle of the house.

Thought other might enjoy exploring Herculaneum, even if you decide on an excursion elsewhere ;)

Cheers!

Would anyone be up for a "cocktail" on Formal night? Whenever that will be? I think it would be super fun to see everyone all decked out (if you choose to do this). I believe they serve drinks in the main lobby area where they do the photo's?? That's when we do photo's with the Captain...right???

I am up for a cocktail on formal night! We too have early dining, so not sure if we'll be able to make it, but just keep me posted :) I'll have a dry erase board on our cabin door (#1079) if anyone wants to fill me in on anything, or just stop by to say hi!

I've add some of our "Fun Stuff" items to the website. If i need to change or add anything, let me know.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

My husband John, daughter Annie (11 years), daughter Emma (7 years) and I will be in room 2612. My father in- law, Ron, and mother-in law, Mary, will be in room 2614.

Thank you so much for including us! Please let me know each of your cabin numbers, because our girls are very excited to distribute their gifts.

I would love to meet up with each of you. I will reread previous posts and see if we can meet up.

Thanks again to you all!

:welcome: Glad you found us!! Better late than never ;) I unfortunately do not have any extra FE Gifts, BUT that doesn't mean I can't include you! Just an FYI though, your gifts will be a bit different from the rest, as those were prepared a while ago and i made exactly what I needed. But I can definately include you.

I've added your party info to the shipmates page, and added you to the FE List on the website. I think everyone will have to just write your cabin #'s in on thier delivery list, since the final one already went out. I will send you a pm.

Thanks Henwen! That's great info!

I've add some of our "Fun Stuff" items to the website. If i need to change or add anything, let me know.

Actually the kid's meet up is not at the same time as the adult one. It is directly after the Muster Drill. Thank you for maintaining the website and putting it on there.

Diane, thank you for the messages! For some reason I am unable to pm, but I did get your cabin number so the girls can drop off their gifts! Thanks again!

Hi All!
On the formal night cocktail "event", what about meeting in-between the first and second dining? If they are serving drinks in the main lobby we can meet there, if not then Promenade Lounge? ??? We can play it by "ear" (Mickey's!) and not worry about strict times/place. I just thought it would be fun to see adults and kids all dressed up!
Julie...welcome! I have a couple of extra gifts for your girls as well.
Now its getting down to geometry and how to fit everything in the suitcases. With the compression travel bags it makes it so much easier to squish more in!
I'm still in disbelief that it's only a week away!!!:yay:

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

My husband John, daughter Annie (11 years), daughter Emma (7 years) and I will be in room 2612. My father in- law, Ron, and mother-in law, Mary, will be in room 2614.

Thank you so much for including us! Please let me know each of your cabin numbers, because our girls are very excited to distribute their gifts.

I would love to meet up with each of you. I will reread previous posts and see if we can meet up.

Thanks again to you all!

Welcome Julie and family! We have extra FE gifts as well.

Laura :goodvibes

I am up for a cocktail on formal night! We too have early dining, so not sure if we'll be able to make it, but just keep me posted :) I'll have a dry erase board on our cabin door (#1079) if anyone wants to fill me in on anything, or just stop by to say hi!

:welcome: Glad you found us!! Better late than never ;) I unfortunately do not have any extra FE Gifts, BUT that doesn't mean I can't include you! Just an FYI though, your gifts will be a bit different from the rest, as those were prepared a while ago and i made exactly what I needed. But I can definately include you.

I've added your party info to the shipmates page, and added you to the FE List on the website. I think everyone will have to just write your cabin #'s in on thier delivery list, since the final one already went out. I will send you a pm.

Thanks Henwen! That's great info!
Hi
I sent you a PM Hope you get it.

Hi Julie,
I can't believe your in-laws are from Williamsburg, it is a small world after all. We are cabin 8072, and looking forward to meeting everyone! Back to packing...:laundy::dance3:

Thanks all! Also, at the risk of sounding like an idiot, is anyone else having trouble with private messaging? I have been able to receive messages, but every time I reply to one it notifies me that it was sent, but then nothing shows up in my sent folder. I can't tell if my messages are being received! :confused3

Also, I have written down all the cabin numbers that I have been given, but is there a master list someone can send me with names and ages? I completely understand that most fe'ers (is that even a word?) can't give a gift to us because we joined so late, but we would like to drop off something to everyone for being so welcoming. Thoughts?

Got the kids pirate costumes together today... We are almost ready!pirate:

Thanks all! Also, at the risk of sounding like an idiot, is anyone else having trouble with private messaging? I have been able to receive messages, but every time I reply to one it notifies me that it was sent, but then nothing shows up in my sent folder. I can't tell if my messages are being received! :confused3

Also, I have written down all the cabin numbers that I have been given, but is there a master list someone can send me with names and ages? I completely understand that most fe'ers (is that even a word?) can't give a gift to us because we joined so late, but we would like to drop off something to everyone for being so welcoming. Thoughts?

Got the kids pirate costumes together today... We are almost ready!pirate:

Did you get the email I sent you with the list?

cool that you too will go for fancy dress pirate night, as a few of us are too! Makes it more fun!

See you soon. Diane

ps

As their is another Diane too! If anyone prefers, you can use instead my official Greek name of Artemis ( which actually translates to my Brit name Diane,meaning in Methology Godess of hunting! as so not to mix us Diane's up.

Been having fun trying to weigh luggage on bathroom scales,not the best accurate way!

Actually the kid's meet up is not at the same time as the adult one. It is directly after the Muster Drill. Thank you for maintaining the website and putting it on there.

:thumbsup2 thanks for the info, I've update the website now . THANK YOU for organizing the kids meet!

Roniboboni, thanks! Where can I find the shipmates page?

Below in my signature, there is a link, that is our website for our cruise. There is a tab at the top that says Shipmates. I anyone still wants to add a picture, just email it to me at ikeroni@hotmail.com, and I will add it. Would like to recognize more faces :yay:

Hi
I sent you a PM Hope you get it.

I sure did! Thanks for PM'ing me, I don't know how i missed your posts, but i've added your info now (pssst... send a pic too ;))

Been having fun trying to weigh luggage on bathroom scales,not the best accurate way!

I'm affraid I haven't even gotten this far yet, but i'll be doing the same this weekend :scared1:

:thumbsup2 thanks for the info, I've update the website now . THANK YOU for organizing the kids meet!

Below in my signature, there is a link, that is our website for our cruise. There is a tab at the top that says Shipmates. I anyone still wants to add a picture, just email it to me at ikeroni@hotmail.com, and I will add it. Would like to recognize more faces :yay:

I sure did! Thanks for PM'ing me, I don't know how i missed your posts, but i've added your info now (pssst... send a pic too ;))

I'm affraid I haven't even gotten this far yet, but i'll be doing the same this weekend :scared1:
Hi Roni

Thank you!!
Looking forward to meeting everyone next week. I tried sending a picture but it looks like it did not go through. I also tried to update my avatar. That looks like it did not work either Must be doing something wrong. I will try again later.

NO,NO,NO
spain is kicking up Demonstrations again today in City centres across Spain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was on Euro news tonight!

I have also read that 2 voyages before,Disney Magic also arrived back to Barcelona one day earlier because of Palma Strikes/demonstrations.

Can they do this without conpensating passengers??????? Many complaints of those passengers on this cruise whose 7 day med was cut to 6 day med???????????????????????????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter