Is anyone cruising with me on the August 27th 2011 Meditteranean Cruise? Hellooooo?

Looks like Russell fell through for us. :headache: Through DCL I was able to book for a different date but not the one I wanted originally. Maybe something else will come up.
Till next cruise,
Gus

Looks like Russell fell through for us. :headache: Through DCL I was able to book for a different date but not the one I wanted originally. Maybe something else will come up.
Till next cruise,
Gus

did disney still give you your obc and discount off the cruise etc?

Jill (and their fellow travellers) - Vicky and Craig would like to thank you for letting them join you for the trip to Rome - they loved it!!!
They had a wonderful honeymoon and managed to get the time to themselves that they wanted for the best part of the cruise although I had to call on them on Wednesday as my four year old grand daughter was rushed to hospital in Naples and so I needed help with the other grandkids for a bit!! My granddaughter and elder daughter then were obviously stuck in Naples when we sailed away so things were rather fraught but they caught up with us in Palma for the last day
Back to real life now and the daily trudge!!!!
Thanks once again for helping them have such a lovely day xx

I saw the ambulance leave and remember thinking how terrible, I hope your granddaughter is better.

Jeanjoe, you must have been at the airport Sunday morning. I have a picture likes yours.

SAM_1615.jpg

Jill (and their fellow travellers) - Vicky and Craig would like to thank you for letting them join you for the trip to Rome - they loved it!!!
They had a wonderful honeymoon and managed to get the time to themselves that they wanted for the best part of the cruise although I had to call on them on Wednesday as my four year old grand daughter was rushed to hospital in Naples and so I needed help with the other grandkids for a bit!! My granddaughter and elder daughter then were obviously stuck in Naples when we sailed away so things were rather fraught but they caught up with us in Palma for the last day
Back to real life now and the daily trudge!!!!
Thanks once again for helping them have such a lovely day xx

I really hope your grand daughter is well and back to normal again, how frightening for you :flower3:

mkmommy and eeyorefanuk - Chloe is back on form and is enjoying full time school thank you for asking though.

Disney were wonderful and looked after them and us very well indeed.

just praying that my daughters insurance will pay out on this as my credit card is a little dented right now!!!!!

mkmommy and eeyorefanuk - Chloe is back on form and is enjoying full time school thank you for asking though.

Disney were wonderful and looked after them and us very well indeed.

just praying that my daughters insurance will pay out on this as my credit card is a little dented right now!!!!!

Ah brilliant news, what a shame, especially on a disney cruise for her to have to miss some of it.

I am just popping on quickly. Fisrt off I want to say I really enjoyed meeting so many of you and so enjoyed the wine tasting and all the lovely FE gifts. I was sad to completely miss a couple of people though. HOPE--I don't know how we never connected. Marika says she met you the first day. I hate to haave missed you.

Second--Eyeorefauk--I am so glad that your granddaughter is doing okay now. I imagine the insurance will handle it all, but it may take a few weeks to work itself out. How frightening that must have been for all of you:hug:

Third--Russel brings bad customer service to a whole new level. It was obvious on the ship that he was USELESS (we never even got confirmation numbers and we told him what we wanted on the FIRST day), so I emailed my travel agent from port and fortunately she worked it all out in spite of us being gone the extra week (since one glitch was he did not charge the deposits in time--which would have cancelled the reservations). I am fully appreciating having a TA I trust now just for that type of thing (I don't really "need" her for normal stuff--I tend to email things like "the cost will be this, please book us on such and such :rotfl:).

Hi, sorry I missed out on meeting most people, it looks like everyone had a great time. Hope everyone liked the FE gifts.

We also had problems with our future booking. Waited in line an hour and instead of getting a print out like last time he just filled a card in:mad:, which I should have just done in the first place. Anyway when we get home there is no sign of our booking so I emailed disney, after 5 days and no reply a booking finally shows up but only for 2 people not 3. It was quickly sorted with a phone call but it makes me wonder what Russell actually did the entire cruise, its not like the desk was open all that often.

We had a great time but to be honest I didn't think it was as good as a DCL Caribbean cruise, some of the service standards were not as good and the shops didn't seem to have much choice left. The whole feel of the ship was different. I'm really interested in the eastern med ports but it has made me wary about doing another med cruise with them especially when they cost more than some other lines. I hope that they will be too good for me to resist if it happens in 2013, but I will def book for the beginning of the season not the end next time.

We are off to WDW in April 2012 but no DCL. I've booked a short RCL Baltic cruise for Aug, its a re-positioning cruise and the prices were so good that we have gone for a Grand Suite. I can't wait. I don't expect RCL to live up to Disney but if we go with lower expectations they may just surprise us.

Joy

It is amazing how everyone has such different experiences.

We did the Dream last March, the ship was beautiful but service left a lot to be desired. This trip I had some of the best service by far, and ranks up there as one of my best trips yet (last years Dover to Barcelona was the best).

I did get my future booking reservations fixed up. Next up for me and the girls is the Wonder in March.

Hello,
I am probably the last to reply after trip!
Was hectic on arrival home as had to sort out my lessons and start teaching.

Well sorry for not meeting all of you,or having to bail early,but Tiff was not very sociable and we were exhausted each night.
Despite our few mishaps (pickpockets) we had a great cruise and if look my facebook Diane Aggelidou Smith (Greece) you will see some photos.

I would love a different Med cruise (especially for more nights 10-14) on a different Disney ship. (just to see difference)
I would love Med,but new destinations (as hate to go same places).

Overall the experience was good,but felt the food and evening meal service was rushed and was not typical of fresh med cuisine.Saying that,the amount of other food available 24 hrs made up for this.The shows were great & characters. Our room host was excellent too.

Here things are drastically reaching boiling-point as half country owed salaries from 6-24 months and many have been fired from jobs that they have been in for 10+ years.
It is a real shame as Greece is a great place for tourists and I hope we can return to how was soon.
I would also love Disney to consider a Greek Cruise (dep Greece) incl Greece/Cyprus/Turkey and maybe even Dubai or Sharm,but any new Med cruise easier for us!

Hope you are all well! Thanks for all gifts,Tiff has them all and some are on my fridge!

Diane Greece

Hello,
I am probably the last to reply after trip!
Was hectic on arrival home as had to sort out my lessons and start teaching.
I would love a different Med cruise (especially for more nights 10-14) on a different Disney ship. (just to see difference)
I would love Med,but new destinations (as hate to go same places).

I would also love Disney to consider a Greek Cruise (dep Greece) incl Greece/Cyprus/Turkey and maybe even Dubai or Sharm,but any new Med cruise easier for us!
Diane Greece

Hi Diane,
I just posted something on the rumors boards. The gist of it was that I was filling out an online DCL survey and asked my thoughts about an Eastern Med cruise. I'll post the link. Hope it works.
Gus
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=42741119#post42741119

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter