Is anyone cruising with me on the August 27th 2011 Meditteranean Cruise? Hellooooo?

pirate:We will be one of the last to fly out on 26th night!
Printed boarding passes today for our connecting flights Greek flights.

see you soon!pleasant flights!

Well the bags are packed and we're ready to go. . .

The car is loaded, the kids have check lists and instructions. Adults leave at 6:30 in the morning and lucky kids can sleep in and leave at 10:30.

I imagine most of you will read this from a hotel in Barcelona:goodvibes--I am looking forward to meeting you real soon.

Seems nobody else left to set off except us Europeans/Meds/UK
leaving 6pm tomorrow night!
2 flights AXD-ATH-BCN (connection at Athens)
Due to arrive BCN at midnight.

Hi everyone. We are having some down time in our hotel in Rome. I wanted to say how lovely it was to meet you. We loved the cruise, the fish extenders and the ports and the various interactions with you all added to the experience.

Wow! Back home and just wanted to say 'thanks'. Was lovely to meet loads of amazing people. Fe was fantastic too - hope you like the bookmarks, magnet and quiz.

Thanks people.

Back now :sad2:

Sorry didn't get to the meets too much to see and do around the ship. Jem didn't stop all week.

Hope all the rumours are true. We got told a couple of times that they would be back in 2013 and poss starting from Venice for an Eastern European cruise

We are back too :sad1:

Loved every minute of it, sorry did not meet many people.

Forgot the first day meet up, too busy getting reservation for palo and looking around the spa :flower3:

Looked for you guys on the meet up after pirate party but could not find you.

Then looked between meals at captain cocktail meet up but again no good.

I hope you all had a fab time.

It was lovely meeting up with Roni on the last day - sorry we did not have more days to catch up - hope you got home safe and are busy looking for your next cruise.

Would love to see in photos what you guys got for your fe exchange

We arrived home 36 hours ago, but just now am getting caught up on email and bills. I just wanted to say how nice it was to meet all of you and say thank you for so many wonderful FE gifts. Showed some of our "booty" to my sister yesterday and she couldn't believe it. You are a very friendly, kind, and creative group of people. So glad to have discovered the DISboards.:love:

I made it back late last night, I could not resist Air Canada' s generous bump offer so I got back through London very late.

It was a great cruise, and I enjoyed meeting some of you, please share pictures.

Anyone else have problems with Russell at the future booking desk? he promised everything was fine but I did not get any confirmation and there is no reservation under my Castaway club number.

Other then that it was great.

Hope you all made it home safe.

Anyone else have problems with Russell at the future booking desk? he promised everything was fine but I did not get any confirmation and there is no reservation under my Castaway club number.

Other then that it was great.

Hope you all made it home safe.

Hi,

You are not alone with your problems with Russell it would appear :mad:

I also did a future booking through him but not received the promised e-mail, nothing under Castaway Club and my travel agent has no note of it either :sad2:

Will give it a couple more days to see if it appears and then it looks like I will be taking it up with DCL.

I am already aware of one person who was on the cruise before us whose details never appeared! They are currently trying to sort it out with DCL but it looking like Russell isn't the greatest at this job!

Glad you had a good time other than that... So did we! :goodvibes

Back home as of yesterday afternoon, and wishing I weren't!

Wanted to write to say how nice it was to meet a few of you -- wish we could have met more of you!

Special thanks to Dizmomof2 for organizing the FE. The kids loved it. We have a picture of them finding their first FE surprise -- they look SO happy. The FE goodies were SO creative. If / when we go DCL again, we'll be looking forward to joining in again.

Much appreciated RoniBoBoni's efforts in putting together the website for our DISboards cruise!

Thanks to TJFrack for letting us join you on the excursions in Pisa / Florence / Tuscany and Rome. Hope you didn't mind the kids "imprinting" on you two! Will work out getting some of the pictures to you. If the other two who joined us in Rome are DISboarders, hope you had a wonderful honeymoon!

Much enjoyed the mini-adventure with Austraveler and Co., trying to decipher the bus system of Naples. Glad you made it safely to Pompeii and back! I will have to hunt down the pictures DD9 took of your DS10's camera (and nothing more).

Hope wmbgfiddle's DD9 enjoyed her time in the spotlight. I enjoyed watching the magician put on the spot... heh...

I also learned that the only way we'll *ever* get to win the Disney music trivia, is to NOT go up against other DISboarders... Curse you, NHDisneylover and Family, that our 44 / 45 points was not good enough!!! Just kidding, just kidding. (But, 2 years ago, we missed by 1 point as well :) )

And in case you're looking -- a shout out to our dinner table-mates, who mentioned that they lurk on the DISboards sometimes. You were wonderful company, and we felt lucky to have met you.

Wish we had more time for us to have all met up -- chatted with Tiggerfan2k2 or their kids at the very beginning (DIS meet-up) and at the very end (at the luggage pick-up). Saw the celocey's a couple of times -- thanks for hunting down our updated cabin #!

Take care, everyone. We've cruised a bunch before, but the extra magic of doing it with DISboarders was new to us, and very special.

Anyone going to post pictures?

Jeanjoe, I think I meet your daughter just before leaving in Diversions, she was so sweet.

Here's a few picture, it is going to take some time to orgaize them all.

Where we ate in Positano

SAM_1352.jpg

Pompeii
SAM_1283.jpg

View from Eze
SAM_1043.jpg

Montseratt

SAM_1526.jpg

Hello fellow cruisers!
It's only been a few days but it seems like forever ago since we were on the Magic.
There are no words to describe what a wonderful time DH and I had and how special it was to share it with all of you. Only regret is not spending more time with all of you, especially for the wine-tasting. We had the best of intentions and even bought a bottle of wine in Barcelona. However, we were Shanghaied by our table-mates into Karaoke. In my case...scary-oke.
FE gifts were amazing and will be treasured for years and years. Thanks to all of you for a truly "magical" vacation.
A special thanks to MKmommy for being our travel buddy in Rome and being our personal photographer!
I will try to post some photo's this weekend. I can barely stay up to 8:00 this week!
Till we meet again,
celocey (Carol)

Hi all! Sorry my DW and kids couldn't meet you all. Way too busy.
However, my DW keeps telling me, 'Today, the Magic is at Civitavecchia' and so on. She's keeping track and re-living each moment :love:.
My family did enjoy our time there and our extra night at Barca.
Best moment for me: winning $266 at bingo on the last night given. Worst (toughest) was the Metro in Rome...not wheelchair accessible. Next time I'll take the bus or taxis.
As for Russell, I did call DCL. They told me to wait till the end of the week. This happens because the agent was so busy. They told me not to worry. I hope so. I don't want to lose the Christmas Mexican Riviera offer.
Take care,:thumbsup2
Gus

Hi, that is what I have been doing all week, like today, oh today would have been sea day and palo brunch etc etc:lmao:

On another forum people are saying they have not had their emails. They are not coming through, but some people who were on the week before us have only just got theirs. I had my confirmation through quite early, but there is a backlog.

For someone who was not keen on doing a cruise I cannot believe how much I am missing it :lmao:

If you booked a future cruise while on the Magic, I'd keep checking with Disney if you haven't received a confirmation.

My husband checked the Castaway Cay web site (disneycruise.disney.go.com/castaway-club/) yesterday (9/7) and found a confirmation online, but decided to call on it anyway. Needless to say he was shocked to find out our reservation had been **canceled due to non-payment of deposit**. When we booked the cruise with Russell on 8/31, he told us the deposit would be charged to our card on file, so we thought we were all set. Luckily, the agent worked with us to get the reservation re-established, but it required a supervisor over-ride to keep the onboard booking discount and onboard credit.

Good luck and don't wait for DCL to confirm your next trip.

Wonderful cruise! We enjoyed meeting several of you! Here is a photo from our hike in Cinque Terre. Sorry it is so big. I don't know how to make it smaller.

IMG_0316.jpg

Hi all!! Man oh man did we have a blast!!

Thank you to everyone that participated in the FE exchange. It was great fun. My son really loved delivering all the gifts and finds all the staterooms. He confessed to me during the deliveries that when he is older, he will take his kids on a Disney cruise and they will deliver gifts too. I am so glad he enjoyed giving as much as receiving. We received some really fun, unique and treasured gifts! Thanks so much!!! :love:

Also had a great time at the wine exchange and meeting everyone. The brunch was wonderful as well, everyone is so nice and welcoming. I couldn't be happier to have met some really great people! :cloud9:

So Gus.... THAT WAS YOU THAT WON at bingo! Congrats to you!

Carol - I too can't manage to stay up past 9:00, until tonight, just so much to do. Jet lag has not hit me, I am perfectly fine during the day. I wake up at 6:30 which is perfect. I use to drag before, but not anymore. Wonder how long this will last :)

My favorite meal item that I will remember is the Olive Tapenade - oh my! That was delicious! I ate 2 bowls full with 2 bowls of bread as well! :scared1:
I gained 8 lbs from this vacation, but am getting back down again (6 lbs left).
Favorite port was all three in Italy, least favorite was France. Nice was not nice.

I plan on posting some pictures. I can add a page to our website of all the blogs, trip reports and/or photo albums if everybody wants to share them? I would love to see other peoples take on the "same" vacation - I quote same, cause even though we are on the same cruise, we all experience something different. So just let me know and i'll add them.

Again, i've really enjoyed meeting all of you and getting to know you, I would like to keep in touch. If anyone wants to befriend me on Facebook, my name is Veronica Salazar or http://www.facebook.com/roni.salazar

Grazie!
Roni

Jill (and their fellow travellers) - Vicky and Craig would like to thank you for letting them join you for the trip to Rome - they loved it!!!
They had a wonderful honeymoon and managed to get the time to themselves that they wanted for the best part of the cruise although I had to call on them on Wednesday as my four year old grand daughter was rushed to hospital in Naples and so I needed help with the other grandkids for a bit!! My granddaughter and elder daughter then were obviously stuck in Naples when we sailed away so things were rather fraught but they caught up with us in Palma for the last day
Back to real life now and the daily trudge!!!!
Thanks once again for helping them have such a lovely day xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter