Is anyone cruising with me on the August 27th 2011 Meditteranean Cruise? Hellooooo?

Can I just checked please.

Euros for ports
Dollars just for room service tip
Can pay for everything else on visa at end of cruise?

Is that correct?

Also if you pay for it by visa at end of cruise how do you manage to keep an eye that the right amounts are added etc

All this is correct. You can go to Guest Services at any time and ask for a print out of your stateroom account - this will show all the charges that have been made to your room. Obviously this print out should match up with the things you have bought, and you will receive a receipt for most, if not all purchases you make. You can query any charges at Guest Services if there's anything on there you feel there shouldn't be.

Getting so close!

Has anyone purchased the photo credits online? I was wondering if the VAT tax is added if we buy it now rather than on the ship?

Also, has anyone been to the Rainforest Room in the spa? I was wondering if it was worth the cost to do this on sea day? We have a spa treatment reserved and some said the Rainforest room was included but others have said it is not included anymore?

Can't believe this trip is finally here! :cloud9::cheer2:

I have booked massage for hubby and have just posted to gifts for 2x rain forest pass as it does not say anything on my spa reservation that rain forest is also included and I believe the amount of RFP are limited??????????????????

As far as I also understand that $ and EURO and credit cards are acceptable payment forms aboard ship.

AS European and British passengers etc have no reason to have $ (cash) when travelling med!
Obviously OBC is in $,but currency exchange etc is also mentioned!

Getting so close!

Also, has anyone been to the Rainforest Room in the spa? I was wondering if it was worth the cost to do this on sea day? We have a spa treatment reserved and some said the Rainforest room was included but others have said it is not included anymore?

Can't believe this trip is finally here! :cloud9::cheer2:

Hi, Hubby and I did the Rainforest Spa 2 years ago on the Magic and we felt it was worth the $15.00 per day (that's what it was then). We still talk about the heated lounge chairs and how relaxing they were. Some of the steam rooms were a little too hot for us, but overall we enjoyed it. Gym and lockers are available to all adult guests. I think it's worth pampering yourself!
I am getting giddy with excitement!!:dance3:

Would anyone be up for a "cocktail" on Formal night? Whenever that will be? I think it would be super fun to see everyone all decked out (if you choose to do this). I believe they serve drinks in the main lobby area where they do the photo's?? That's when we do photo's with the Captain...right???

I have booked massage for hubby and have just posted to gifts for 2x rain forest pass as it does not say anything on my spa reservation that rain forest is also included and I believe the amount of RFP are limited??????????????????

I love the rainforest. I cannot figure out how to book it online. I just want the rainforest, no other spa treatments. Can anyone help? Thanks.:thanks:

Would anyone be up for a "cocktail" on Formal night? Whenever that will be? I think it would be super fun to see everyone all decked out (if you choose to do this). I believe they serve drinks in the main lobby area where they do the photo's?? That's when we do photo's with the Captain...right???

Sure we would love to! We will be in line for photos( we have second dining). Would cocktails be before or after second dining?

Rainforest available on pre-gifts.

Yes , We are for cocktail formal night,will be drinking cocktail anyway!

Some confusion, I thought wine tasting after pirate party?????????so everyone could meet up in costumes for fun?

We too are 2nd dining,probably after dining an option as will go show before etc
A cocktail in a family bar would be nice,so that everyone could attend,including those with children?

ps Anyone European!
( Not USA citizens in European country!)
You may be entittled to discounts in Italy/France/Spain.
As I am! Teachers/kids as students/senior citizens etc.
Check it out on websites of tourist sites or tel direct sites as I did for Info!
Just in case before paying full cost of entrances!
You will be required to produce appropriate documentation of proof etc!

welcome to JuliefromVa, we are from williamsburg, va and have 3 DD on the cruise (11,9,9), I am sorry you missed the FE, but look forward to meeting you and I will bring you a few gifties anyway...Valerie:cheer2:

welcome to JuliefromVa, we are from williamsburg, va and have 3 DD on the cruise (11,9,9), I am sorry you missed the FE, but look forward to meeting you and I will bring you a few gifties anyway...Valerie:cheer2:

Yeah I have some extras too....just give me your room number:thumbsup2

Hi Julie
We have a spare gift too. What is your room number?

We have early dining so I am not sure if we are free for cocktails but if we are available we would love to meet up for a drink.

Only 8 sleeps till we fly out. I am really anxious about the long flights (8 hours then 13 hours then 2 hours) but I am sure the cruise will be worth it.

Nearly here now.

We have to make our fish extender, pre book photo stuff, change money (some into euros and some into dollars), pack, call the cell phone company to see if our phones can be used in europe, call KLM to discuss our 40 minute connection time at schipol, call the barcelona trip company just to touch base again etc etc

One question. We have $250 on board credit, will this be automatically used to help pay for the tips or is it separate to the way I want to pay for tips (credit card)? Basically, can I add it to the melting pot of funds so my bill will be $250 cheaper at the end of the cruise?

I would like to add my two pence (pun intended) into the tipping debate. I disagree with Hal in that it is not customary to tip in the uk. I only ever tip if the service I receive is better than good. We are getting more used to tipping in the uk but it is not expected unless stated. Even then, the service has to be good. Maybe it's because I'm a tight yorshireman?

As far as cruising with DCL and tipping is concerned, I agree with Hal and Roni. You don't book a €3000 cruise, add loads of extras and then quibble about €200 for a customary tip. It is clearly stated in the DCL documentation and is not a surprise. I have included in the total cost of the cruise before booking. It is not an add on in that respect.

No doubt the amounts that you may want to give to reward or punish someone with may vary, but the guideline 'average' will probably hold true.

The motto is "if you can afford to cruise, you can afford to tip (if the service level is good enough)"

It will be mostly be amazing service, it's Disney;)

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

My husband John, daughter Annie (11 years), daughter Emma (7 years) and I will be in room 2612. My father in- law, Ron, and mother-in law, Mary, will be in room 2614.

Thank you so much for including us! Please let me know each of your cabin numbers, because our girls are very excited to distribute their gifts.

I would love to meet up with each of you. I will reread previous posts and see if we can meet up.

Thanks again to you all!

Valerie, my in-law (who will be traveling with us) are from Williamsburg too! It is great to be traveling so far but yet have "neighbors" with us!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter