Is anyone cruising with me on the August 27th 2011 Meditteranean Cruise? Hellooooo?

I am so relieved of strike being cancelled! Now,can sleep again at night!
Although,will check with airline!

Diane, I'm not seeing where the strike has been cancelled. Are you looking at March 2011 articles? This was posted an hour ago:
Spain airport, metro workers plan strikes during pope visit
Expatica Spain - ‎1 hour ago‎
I hope you're correct, but I'm not finding it yet on the internet.
Carol

I certainly haven't heard any news of the strikes being called off as yet. Indeed there seems to be a distinct lack of information in general, although it does seem to be permeating the news media as the days go on. Here are some of the links I've found, all seem to be saying similar things. There does however seem to be some conflict over whether this is two 24 hour strikes, or whether the strikes will both last 48 hours...

Daily Mail updated story - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/a...l-chaos-thanks-planned-industrial-action.html

The Telegraph has now picked up on it - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...el-chaos-as-Spanish-airport-strikes-loom.html

Repeated on AOL - http://travel.aol.co.uk/2011/08/08/...-60-000-spanish-airport-workers-call-strikes/

And a spanish radio station - http://www.vibespain.com/?p=1937
Thanks for noticing that I had a story about strike cancellation that was from 2010!! So sorry. I meant to be helpful not cause confusion. The above stories are current. Thank you!

ptkelly, did Delta mention if there would be an additional fee to change your flight? I checked online and they wanted to charge an extra 1300.00 to change our flights to the previous day. But, I haven't called c/s yet to verify for this situation. Thanks, Carol

Carol, the guy I spoke to at Delta said he would waive the fee to change our flight. I did not take him up on it. It is so hard to know what to do. I appreciate everyone's input. Cathy

Diane no one is reading any info that says these strikes are cancelled. Are you sure your reading this strike and not the one from March? Can you please cite your source? Thanks!

Today hit 40-42 heat wave!hot/hot/hot

Still confused as to dress code evening? are shorts etc allowed or not?
Disney states NOT,yet reports saying very casual (except for formal night)

I also pressume that final FE list has not been posted or confirmed as see cabins providing new cabin numbers etc to Dizmom for FE list?

I am so relieved of strike being cancelled! Now,can sleep again at night!
Although,will check with airline!

Is the wine meeting going ahead? When & where?

Carol, the guy I spoke to at Delta said he would waive the fee to change our flight. I did not take him up on it. It is so hard to know what to do. I appreciate everyone's input. Cathy

Hi Cathy,
I called Delta and they said they could only change without additional fees if the strike was a sure thing. He said they get notifications of such things. I also called Disney Cruise Line and they had not heard about the threatened strike either. DH and I are going to sit tight for the remainder of the week and see what happens. Hopefully it all blows over. :) I don't care what happens after the cruise...I just want to board that boat!! Carol

I called US Airways and the guy said just because there is a strike it might not directly effect the airline we are flying on. I said what about baggage handler strikes he said it wouldn't be US Airways baggage handlers so we should be okay. He said they have flown in and out of airports that there were strikes going on.

He said the airline would put something out to offer to change earlier or something if needed.

Thank you!!!! I didn't get this info when I called. Since we are on the same flight I'll let you know if I see any changes. Please let me know as well!:worship:

I called US Airways and the guy said just because there is a strike it might not directly effect the airline we are flying on. I said what about baggage handler strikes he said it wouldn't be US Airways baggage handlers so we should be okay. He said they have flown in and out of airports that there were strikes going on.

He said the airline would put something out to offer to change earlier or something if needed.

Had to do some searching but used airport workers strikes in spain. I called US Airways and all they told me was that they were hearing most of this from passengers and to keep looking on there web site.

I know it has been asked before, but if I stay at the AC Diplomatic, but not booked through DCL can you add transportation, and have luggage picked up from room, and what is cost?

I know it has been asked before, but if I stay at the AC Diplomatic, but not booked through DCL can you add transportation, and have luggage picked up from room, and what is cost?

We were told no, but others here have gotten transfers booking on thier own. If you only need transfers from the hotel to the ship I think you can. If your also wanting transfers from the airport to the hotel, I think that will be a no. I would try booking on your own and call them to book the transfers. If they say no you can always cancel the hotel reservation.

I don't have my paperwork handy but I think it is $30 one way per person. They will take your luggage right at the hotel so will not need to carry it to the port or check it in.

I am also staying at the AC Diplomatic not booked through Disney. They will [ick you up and luggage and take you to the ship. Just call them up and request the transfers. I think it was $80 don't remember for transfers. they said that we will be picked up at about 11: 30 AM. This is round trip transfers.

I have resent the FE list with disneywithkids cabin number on it. If you have already printed the other list already, just write in her cabin (it's 6562). If you haven't printed it yet, the complete list is now in your inbox ready to be printed!:goodvibes

I am also staying at the AC Diplomatic not booked through Disney. They will [ick you up and luggage and take you to the ship. Just call them up and request the transfers. I think it was $80 don't remember for transfers. they said that we will be picked up at about 11: 30 AM. This is round trip transfers.

We have disney transfers from the AC Diplomatic to the port (and from the port to the Airport at the end) but we did not book the hotel through Disney. I can't remember the price sorry. There seem to be a few of us at the AC Diplomatic. I will study the photos on Roni's website to see if we recognise anyone at the hotel.

I am getting so excited !!!

Today hit 40-42 heat wave!hot/hot/hot

Still confused as to dress code evening? are shorts etc allowed or not?
Disney states NOT,yet reports saying very casual (except for formal night)

Hi Diane, apart from the formal night they all seem to be cruise casual which means you don't have to dress up but that doesn't mean anything goes. You are not allowed to wear shorts, any sort of swimwear, and I think jeans are frowned upon. The info also says no tanks which I think if translating right means no vests to us british although to americans a vest is something different.:confused3
Joy

Hi Diane, apart from the formal night they all seem to be cruise casual which means you don't have to dress up but that doesn't mean anything goes. You are not allowed to wear shorts, any sort of swimwear, and I think jeans are frowned upon. The info also says no tanks which I think if translating right means no vests to us british although to americans a vest is something different.:confused3
Joy
I do think shorts are allowed at least for the men. My husband wore shorts on the regular dining nights and there was no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter