Is anyone cruising with me on the August 27th 2011 Meditteranean Cruise? Hellooooo?

Disney vinylmation

Need a big favor

Disney Cruise Line just released a vinylmation figure did anyone get a extra

Email me if you can help. I will reimburse you thru paypal cost of vinylmation plus shipping

We are looking for the following

DCL Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera

DCLMexicoVinylmation.jpg

DCL Disney Caribbean

DCLCaribbeanVinylmation.jpg

:banana:

tomaphillips@earthlink.net

Hi dizmomof2, I have PM'd my email address to you just now for the FE list. Sorry for the delay.

Diane

Now, I too am confused as to programme? When is formal night? 2nd or 6th????
Am I also correct in understanding that each person gets a different dining rotation,so eg some passengers 1st evening meal is PC whereas others L =that really you do not know sequence of dining till you get your personal dining rotation info???????? Or have I misunderstood how it works!
I also thought that the evening dining, that casual clothing shorts etc were not allowed??
I have began packing dresses for each night + 3 formal gowns (formal night/semi-formal/palo wedding anniversary meal) Seems, I may be overdressed & overpacked as reports say passengers going straight to evening dining without changing with backpacks etc????
I do not have to worry about gowns as stretchy material (ps I am not pregnant,but have a fat belly and can look pregnant, I have started swimming again,but my body will take a while to tone back)

Do I understand?

parties are:

1st night all aboard (disembark Barcelona)
5th night pirate (pompei)
6th night Formal (sea day)
7th night Till we meet again (palma)

It does make sense to me that if semi=formal night no longer exists,then formal would be on sea day 6th night as this means that all passengers are aboard ship and have got plenty of time to get ready and glam up?

Someone on the DIBB forum said the boat was late sailing on the 2nd night that is why formal night was switched.

They also said they'd called Disney and the nights were formal(2), pirate(5) and semi(6).

My friends are currently on board doing the same 7 night as us so I should know for sure by the weekend.
Tracey

Hello fellow cruisemates! I just called Disney and asked them if there were any changes to Formal night and she told me she still showed Formal Night on Night #2, Pirate Night on #5 and she does still show a Semi-Formal Night on #6.

Can't believe how close it is getting! I am already starting to pack! :rotfl:

I was a little confused about the boarding time.....I chose an 11:30 arrival but I have heard that the boarding may not start until 1:00? Does anyone have any experience with dropping off your luggage early and then walking around close to Port? I know some have said it is a far walk and may not be doable? Can't wait to meet all the fellow Dis-Boarders!
~ Kristina~

Not sure if anyone else has seen this yet but on Mail Online it is saying Spanish Airport workers are striking for 48 hrs on 26th Aug :mad:

We are flying in on the 25th so should avoid it but can imagine its going to cause havoc for some people on this cruise...

Hope no one here will be affected :sad2:

Not sure if anyone else has seen this yet but on Mail Online it is saying Spanish Airport workers are striking for 48 hrs on 26th Aug :mad:

We are flying in on the 25th so should avoid it but can imagine its going to cause havoc for some people on this cruise...

Is this for Barcelona airport? We have an overnight flight that lands the morning of the 26th. I think the military will step in and make sure the flights land. That's what they said the last time they tried to pull this crap.

oh dear, I'm sure that there will be quite a few people affected if this happens, fingers crossed that it doesn't. I can't see how they can keep the airports open if all ground staff go on strike. We are also flying on the 25th so shouldn't affect us but it will make me nervous for any delays. If our flight ends up cancelled we will be straight in the car to start driving, no messing. I hope all of you that are crossing the atlantic manage to get in ok.
Joy

Hello fellow cruisemates! I just called Disney and asked them if there were any changes to Formal night and she told me she still showed Formal Night on Night #2, Pirate Night on #5 and she does still show a Semi-Formal Night on #6.

Can't believe how close it is getting! I am already starting to pack! :rotfl:

I was a little confused about the boarding time.....I chose an 11:30 arrival but I have heard that the boarding may not start until 1:00? Does anyone have any experience with dropping off your luggage early and then walking around close to Port? I know some have said it is a far walk and may not be doable? Can't wait to meet all the fellow Dis-Boarders!
~ Kristina~

I wouldn't worry too much about finding something to do at the port. They usually say boarding starts at 1pm but it is more often already underway by 12pm. If you arrive at 11.30 am you first have to go through security (after dropping bags off) then go to the checkin desk. You then have to go and get security photos done which are linked to your card. The kids clubs may be in the port for registering with the clubs and also there will be several characters that do photos and autographs. So by the time you have done all of this you will be boarding before you know it. You can not walk to the pier from the city, its a long way over a steep bridge so unless you want to pay for a taxi I would stay put.
Joy

Oh Man! Marika and Rio are due to fly down on the 26th. I wonder what we can do? I'd change their flight to the day before, but I don't think we can get there the day before and i wouldn't have them alone in the city.

The first day of the strike is the day the Pope is to land for World Youth Day. So this does give us some time to see if the strike gets averted. Is it possible for the airlines to land in another country and drive over to Barcelona? I don't even know the proximities to other airports with regards to BCN.

I too fly in on 26th midnight! as do most of us cruise passengers????????????
Has anyone asked Disney what they plan to do if this happens? Any plan B? As they could not set sail surely if half/most passengers stuck and unable to travel or land!

I wouldnt bother changing flights anyway as generally such strikes do not start and finish on dates suggested anyway, as the idea is for passengers not to know,but to be surprised by disruption!?

This is exactly what I have been fearing for months! I knew Spain & Italy next on hit list!

I have been through so much up till now,that it is beyond my comprehension!

my list:
1) Struggled to pay Disney initially due to Greek economical situation.

2) Refugee,given news that original cruise cancelled and went through hell to make new reservation and changes to 27th cruise (cost me lots through own pocket,but was lucky that airline helped with flight changes) Had to pay additional hotel costs due to flight arrival times Barcelona and transportation.

3) Greek strikes/incl airports/banks/closed roads etc

4) Husband not paid.

5) Spain & Italy facing same Greek dilemas???????????not good/demonstrations etc!
I have not heard of this strike!,but spain and Italy are very tense at momment!

6) ??????????????????????? fingers crossed!no more!enough! supposed to be a dream hol!

I too fly in on 26th midnight! as do most of us cruise passengers????????????
Has anyone asked Disney what they plan to do if this happens? Any plan B? As they could not set sail surely if half/most passengers stuck and unable to travel or land!

I wouldnt bother changing flights anyway as generally such strikes do not start and finish on dates suggested anyway, as the idea is for passengers not to know,but to be surprised by disruption!?

This is exactly what I have been fearing for months! I knew Spain & Italy next on hit list!

I have been through so much up till now,that it is beyond my comprehension!

my list:
1) Struggled to pay Disney initially due to Greek economical situation.

2) Refugee,given news that original cruise cancelled and went through hell to make new reservation and changes to 27th cruise (cost me lots through own pocket,but was lucky that airline helped with flight changes) Had to pay additional hotel costs due to flight arrival times Barcelona and transportation.

3) Greek strikes/incl airports/banks/closed roads etc

4) Husband not paid.

5) Spain & Italy facing same Greek dilemas???????????not good/demonstrations etc!
I have not heard of this strike!,but spain and Italy are very tense at momment!

6) ??????????????????????? fingers crossed!no more!enough! supposed to be a dream hol!:worship::sad2:

DCL will most likely not change sail dates as a cause of this. We were on the first Med cruise last year whilst pretty much all of Europe was grounded because of the ash cloud. We were repeatedly told that DCL would sail despite the ash cloud. Luckily we managed to get a flight out of Manchester on the first full day of flights after the reclassification of the high density ash zones and what was acceptable and safe to fly in. Suffice to say we were both extremely lucky and extremely stressed. Indeed we didn't really sleep for a week before worrying over this. Even worse, me and DGF had different travel insurance and only one policy would have covered the cruise fare lost, therefore we'd only get half our money back at best. The boat was also very quiet from people who just plain didn't make it because of cancelled flights.

Hopefully with strikes, insurance is a bit clearer and should cover most people, although I haven't checked. We fly in on the 25th as well, but my parents fly in the next day i.e. the day of the strikes, so I'm now quite worried for them. Especially as we want to show them a great time on their first cruise. I'm surprised that this hasn't been better publicised, even Google doesn't seem to turn out much - it mostly seems to be articles on the strikes which were announced and cancelled earlier in the year.

I don't know, a strike is very different than weather related delays. I don't know if DCL can delay a cruise...has that ever been done? I am hearing now the strike is for both days Aug 26 and 27. :eek:

DCL will most likely not change sail dates as a cause of this. We were on the first Med cruise last year whilst pretty much all of Europe was grounded because of the ash cloud. We were repeatedly told that DCL would sail despite the ash cloud. Luckily we managed to get a flight out of Manchester on the first full day of flights after the reclassification of the high density ash zones and what was acceptable and safe to fly in. Suffice to say we were both extremely lucky and extremely stressed. Indeed we didn't really sleep for a week before worrying over this. Even worse, me and DGF had different travel insurance and only one policy would have covered the cruise fare lost, therefore we'd only get half our money back at best. The boat was also very quiet from people who just plain didn't make it because of cancelled flights.

Hopefully with strikes, insurance is a bit clearer and should cover most people, although I haven't checked. We fly in on the 25th as well, but my parents fly in the next day i.e. the day of the strikes, so I'm now quite worried for them. Especially as we want to show them a great time on their first cruise. I'm surprised that this hasn't been better publicised, even Google doesn't seem to turn out much - it mostly seems to be articles on the strikes which were announced and cancelled earlier in the year.

I think in this situation, like with the ash cloud, disney will only help those who have booked their flights through disney which is probably the only benefit of ever booking flights with them. Other than that they will tell people to claim on their insurance. How much of a % of passengers missing would it take for them to delay the ship? It would have to be over 50% otherwise they would be affecting everyone else who made it and would have to pay out major compensation. The cruise would be cut short as it cannot carry onto the next week due to the private booking. All things considered I don't think they will delay the cruise at all.

Even though there is still a while to go and the strike may get cancelled I personally would act now a move your flight if at all possible. Then if the strike happens you haven't lost your holiday, if the strike is cancelled you get an extra day in barcelona. I'd be tempted to do it quickly before the strike is common knowledge then there still might be earlier flights available.

Joy

I am reading that maybe the airline can divert the landing to be in Paris, and then take an overnight train into Barcelona? I am hoping the Airlines would make other plans rather than cancel the whole flight. This would be doable I think.

I think in this situation, like with the ash cloud, disney will only help those who have booked their flights through disney which is probably the only benefit of ever booking flights with them. Other than that they will tell people to claim on their insurance. How much of a % of passengers missing would it take for them to delay the ship? It would have to be over 50% otherwise they would be affecting everyone else who made it and would have to pay out major compensation. The cruise would be cut short as it cannot carry onto the next week due to the private booking. All things considered I don't think they will delay the cruise at all.

Even though there is still a while to go and the strike may get cancelled I personally would act now a move your flight if at all possible. Then if the strike happens you haven't lost your holiday, if the strike is cancelled you get an extra day in barcelona. I'd be tempted to do it quickly before the strike is common knowledge then there still might be earlier flights available.

Joy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter