Illuminations Cruise Central--NOVEMBER

nativetxn

<font color=teal>Moderator<br><font color=red>Hono
<font face="comic sans ms"><font color=purple>Hi there

Anyone looking to share an Illuminations Cruise during <b>November</b>? If you have reserved an Illuminations Cruise and are willing to share, please post your date here. Perhaps we can coordinate this and help each other out.

When you post your reply, use the subject box to tell whether you <b>need</b> space (and how many you need) on a cruise or if you <b>have</b> space available and <b>include the dates</b>. I think that might make it a little easier to coordinate a match.

Even with the new changes, you can still get an Illuminations Cruise

There have been some changes made in the Illuminations Cruises. First, they are no longer called Illuminations Cruises, all of the fireworks cruises at WDW are known as "Specialty Cruises" because they cannot guarantee that you will see Illuminations.

There are also daytime "Specialty" cruises. They are booked at two hour intervals beginning at 12 noon. In order to have a chance to see Illuminations, you will need to call 407-WDW-PLAY 90 days in advance and request the 8:00 PM cruise, telling them that you hope to see Illuminations (or the Magic Kingdom fireworks). They will then schedule your cruise for 1/2 hour prior to the beginning of Illuminations.

Why can't they guarantee that you will see Illuminations? These cruises last 45 minutes, only. If, for some reason, Illuminations is delayed, your boat will still return to the marina when 45 minutes have passed, whether or not Illuminations has finished.

So, who has a cruise to share in <b>November</b>?

Katholyn</font>

My best friend and I are celebrating my 50th (UGH) birthday at BW and BCV Nov. 9th thru the 16th. I will be trying to book a cruise each morning, but if anyone would like to share we'd love it! I will post if I get a boat, and if somebody else gets a boat for those dates we're willing. There are only the 2 of us "old ladies", so we won't take up too much space or make too much noise. I'm brand new to this board, so hopefully I won't screw it up. Thanks in advance.

Hello

I am taking my best friend to WDW to celebrate her 40th birthday. She has never been to Disney before. I thought that it would be fun to take an Illuminations Cruise. We will be there from 11/16 to 11/23. I would be interested in either sharing a cruise that I book or sharing a cruise that someone else books. Anybody going that wants to go on a cruise during 11/16 to 11/23? There will just be the 2 of us.

Hello-

I am looking for space for 2 for an Illuminations cruise between November 4-10th. My husband and I are coming to WDW without the kids to celebrate our anniversary. (we have taken them twice and nothing against them but this will be our first acation away as a couple- ever)

If anyone gets a cruise and has room, please let me know - woould love to share one.

On our last visit in 2000 (with the kids) we did the fireworks cruise and had a nice time.

Would like to make this trip special also. We are flexible.

Thanks.

Candy from Michigan

Hi, We are a party of 5. the ages in our group are 57,37,32,4,and 1. We are looking to share a cruise with someone. You can email me at jlbeeken@aol.com.

I will be trying 9/1. I will post if I get through. If someone else does please let me know if youwant to share!

Thanks.

Will also be celebrating a 50th birthday. My best friend and I are interested in sharing an illuminations cruise from Nov 6-9.

Thanks!

Missed out on getting an Illuminations cruise this morning. :(
SO, if any of you lucky DISers out there who got a boat for Nov. 8, and need to fill their boat please contact me either PM, email, or carrier pigeon (if so inclined;) ). There would be my DW and myself.

BTW, I also would have just turned 50 by then. We could have a big 50th birthday party cruise for all us old folks. (I wonder, if you get the birthday package, does it come with Geritol?LOL)

Thanks.

Ed

My family is looking to share an illuminations cruise any night November 9-15th, 2002. We would be so happy to share the cost.

This is a very special trip for us, too. We are bringing my parents who have never been to Disney World and we are trying to make this an extra special trip for them.

Please email me if you are interested in sharing your boat. My group includes 4 adults and 2 well behaved kids (7&9).:p

Well, I'm really frustrated now. For the third morning I attempted to get a boat. This morning I was on hold from 6:56 until 7:15, when I said what's the point, I'm sure they're all taken and I hung up with no one ever picking up. What am I doing wrong!!! There are only 2 of us, so there's plenty of room for a family to share with us if I could only get one. Any other hints?????
Thanks, I feel better just being able to vent.

Joescyn,

I've been trying for the past 3 mornings, also. Same thing here, I start calling early and the're not open. Keep hitting redail and then get put on hold for 15 minutes!!!

There are 6 of us in our group a variety of ages...7,9,39,45,67,72. But we definately have room for 2 more people. If we get a boat I will let you know. If you get one, we would love to join you and share the cost! It looks like the other people are looking for different dates than us, or their party it too large to be combined with my group of 6. So our two groups would be a good match.

I am going to keep trying every day this week. The lady I talked to said 50 - 100 people call for the cruise each a.m. and there are only 4 boats available right now.

I'm rather frustrated and not very optimistic at this point, but figure its worth calling every a.m. just in case I get lucky! :rolleyes:

I want to book the Illuminations Cruise as a surprise for hubby to celebrate our annivesary the day after Thanksgiving. I knew it was a long shot (sort of like booking CRT for breakfast) but I thought I did stand a bit of a chance. I should have figured these cruises are hard to book so I will be sure not to mention it to hubby in case I am not successful. Can anyone offer any Illuminations Cruise booking tips? Thanks!!!! :p

ZerasPride

At the top of this forum, there are threads marked important. One of them is regarding illumination cruises. It has a very good explaination of how to go about getting one (if your lucky).

Personally, I think people locatedin the midwest (like us) have a disadvantage.LOL

But there has to be something to it.

A person from Rhode Island posted (on that main thread) they got one for Nov 7. A person from Massachusetts called two days in a row and got through for October.

It's just too much of a coincidence.

Ed

I'm in NJ and had no problem getting a November 8 cruise (the day after our Disney wedding! :Pinkbounc ) Unfortunately our boat is full up with family. But maybe there is something to the whole East coast thing? :confused:

Originally posted by wdwpluto
I'm in NJ and had no problem getting a November 8 cruise (the day after our Disney wedding! :Pinkbounc ) Unfortunately our boat is full up with family. But maybe there is something to the whole East coast thing? :confused:

I don't think so, WDW Pluto. I live in NJ too, and I have never been successful in booking an Illuminaitons cruise by calling first thing in the morning.

Two years ago, I was able to book the Breathless when I read on the boards that it was not going to be under rehab at that time (it was not originally available for our dates since it *was* planned to be fixed up). That time, I called in the middle of the afternoon. That was after I tried calling at 7:00 a.m., 90 days in advance. In 2000, I stood out in the rain at a payphone for 5 mornings of my non-Disney vacation (no phone in the rental house) and racked up over $150 in calling card charges.

Well, this time around, we're going with DH's family (last time was my sister and her kids), and we have a group of 10. There are only 3 nights when we'll all be at WDW together, and I've already been unsuccessful for two of those dates. Tomorrow is my last chance.

My DH wants us to try to do it in honor of his father's birthday, but he has no idea what I go through to try to book these things. At least this time, I can call from the comfort of my office.

OK, so now it's 4 mornings in a row and nothing. Today I was put on hold at 6:58 for 6 minutes and no boat. They open before 7, you just have to catch it right I guess. This is so frustrating. Just like the Cinderella breakfast, that took me 6 mornings. Well, off to work have a good day everybody.

I'm going to try for an Illuminations Cruise for any of the above dates (wish me luck!). If I'm successful, we'll have extra spots. If I'm not, and YOU have the spots, please let me know. We will have 4, maybe 5 nonsmoking adults. We'll know soon about that 5th person....

Thanks!

No luck for the 14th. I'll try again tomorrow : (

It took me 4 days but I have a boat for Nov 6th. I am willing to share if anyone is interested. We are a party of 6 - 62 (birthday grandma!!), 42, 17, 5,5,2 - Kids are all boys. If your looking for a nice romantic trip this boat is probably not the one. I have booked birthday celebration and food - sandwiches, soda and snacks - Yahoo!!. My boys are well behaved but they are kids and they are definately BOYS (I hope they don't decided to "fix" the boat while were on it!) so if you still are interested in sharing let me know.

You can email me at ITLC@EXECPC.com or send me a PM.

PS. I'm from WI and I found I called at about 10 minutes before they opened and I kept redialing when it said they were closed. I found if I got the recording and was on hold then it was already to late.

Hi Everyone::wave:

Looking for an Illuminations cruise either November 11, 12, or 14th.

Just two people, my DH and I. If anyone has an adults only cruise going, I would love to hear from you!

Cheers,

Kim

Please PM me!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter