I Kicked it I Played it and now..Wheeling & Dealing at the WL final 9/9 p87/88

All caught up again after falling behind (due to school starting... :rolleyes1)! I can't believe your trip is so close!!! :yay:

We had the clasica :)

I heard that may be the best.

Ahhhh, the tequila cave! I'm sure you'll make up for lost time - and they have so many interesting margaritas to try!

Can't wait to see the pics you get of Illuminations :goodvibes

We ate at GG a few years ago and really enjoyed it, food was pretty good and the character interaction was great.

So many margaritas, so little time! How will I ever decide?

I hope I get some good pics of the illuminations - my tripod is packed! :thumbsup2

Glad to hear you liked GC. I am looking forward to it!

We are early lunch people, too. I would never last until 1:45 without a snack. Fortunately, since you will be at Epcot, there are lots of yummy snacks to choose from! :thumbsup2

I am all about the snacks! I think sunshine seasons would be a great place to pick up a yummy snack.

Oh, design a jet on SOAT. That's what Charles and I were going to do for our second time, but we didn't feel like standing in line for an hour.

I really do want to design a jet. I think it would be so cool!

We are early lunch people too (we're also early dinner people -- we love those Early Bird specials they offer for us old folks ;)).

Too bad they don't have early bird specials at Disney. :laughing:

We really enjoy the Canada and China movie...just wish you could sit like you do in France.

I agree. It would be nice to sit a spell during those movies.

We're not wearing costumes either for the MNSSHP. I'm going to buy us each pirate hats and that will be our costume.

I think your plasn for that day/evening sound great.

Pirate hats sound like a good idea. I did dig out the mickey T and it fits great. I also bought some party beds and glow in the dark masks from the dollar store. I wonder if the masks will really glow????

we always mean to be early lunch people and yet somehow, always end up with a late lunch and we didn't eat much for breakfast! You'd think we'd learn...

You'd think! :rotfl:

It's funny as we are all early lunch on week/school/workdays.

Good thing we eat late dinners! .

You can't go wrong with Vampire Mickey.

I love th4e vampire Mickey. I forgot how cute that shirt was until I just dug it out of the drawer.

OOOH GG sounds like a great meal!!!

I hope you get all the WS your heart desires this trip!!
I am really looking forward to the GG meal and I promise to take pics!

I hope I get in tona of WS!

The making your own rollercoaster sounds way too cool!! I would love to do that!!! Have fun!!!!
Part of me wants to do a rollercoaster and part of me wants the fighter jet! Can you say barrell roll?

I must say Mary Ellen, that is one thing I have never done....researched good running paths at my resort! :rotfl2: I think you should get down there for a marathon sometime :cheer2:

I have NEVER run a marathon and I am definitely too old to do it now. I have done a 1/2 marathon and it kicked my @SS. But - if there is any place that I think would be great for a long run it would have to be disney! ;)

BTW - as much as I love Kidani - worst running paths there, ABSOLUTE worst! That is a treamill resort.

I:
You can't go wrong with the blood orange margarita. Very tasty....and healthy with the orange...which reminds me...I had a very good raspberry drink at The Wave...I know you liked the smoothies, but this was delicious!! So, as an appetizer start off with the blood orange and then have the clasica as your main. That was absolutely delicious too!! :)
Whatever you don't get to, we will make up for it in May!! :thumbsup2

Well, hmmm, I never really thought about having an App Margarita followed by a main course margarita. Doesn't that mean I will also need a dessert margarita followed by an after dinner apertif (Is that the right word?????:laughing:)

All caught up again after falling behind (due to school starting... :rolleyes1)! I can't believe your trip is so close!!! :yay:

You are not at all behind, but I am because I missed 2 of my 1 week from today posts.

will be my last day at Disney. I missed one week from yesterday. That would be Wednesday. I would really like to pool hop on Wednesday. Seriously - I really want to chill at the POLY pool! I love the view of the volcano and the beach and the castle off in the distance. I bet I could actually skip a park today and just chill. Perhaps do the monorail loop and stop at GF, eat CS at one of the resorts, and chill by the Poly pool.

Wens is late EMH at AK so how much would I just love to stroll in there for the parade at 4pm and just chill there until Y&Y dinner time. I really want to ride EE in the dark but our Y&Y ADR is 7:30. I know it will not be dark at 7:30. Sunset in Orlando is scheduled for 7:32pm. That is sunset - dusk is not until 8pm. So, alas, it will not be dark enough for EE. But aren't you proud of me for at least checking. I want to be on line at 7:30pm and show up fashionably (10 mins) late for our ADR. I know it won't be dark but it will be darker than in May. Once again, darkness eludes me. bummer! I will just have to go back in December!

Of course, if you have been following along you will note that we have not been to HS yet. So who knows, today may be HS day. If its not HS day then One Week From Today......we will be in HS.

Jen really wants to do the Segway tour at FW. I really would like to do this too but I think I rather pool it at the POLY. I am not sure how we can spend a morning in each park, have a pool day, and a segway day. I guess we could do the segway tour in the morning 8:30am then hit the pool then hit AK EMH. That might work. But it may also be fatiguing since we would have been at MNSSHP the night before.

I don't want to run myself ragged, but I also want to see more than I did last trip. I guess you really can't have it both ways.

At any rate - 1 week from today we will probably be back at the resort knowing that we will have to catch ME soon. Our flight doesn't leave until 7:30, but you know how ME. I would not be surprised if our ME bus leaves at 3:30pm. Yikes. Its the ONE time I will regret not having a rental car.

I am not sure what we will be doing today. One thing I would like to do is visit Kona fpor breakfast. Perhaps a late breakfast would be ideal on our poly pool day.

So that's its. I am packed. I got my teva mush and I do really love them - they are super comfy - you were all right. I did not get my mickey wallet yet. I hope it comes today or tomorrow. I still have to put my cosmetic bag, new hairdryer, and flatiron in my suitcase. I hope Jen does not think I am crazy taking the big suitcase, but I do have to pack my running stuff, running shoes, and tripod. I also have my collapsible cooler packed with water, coffee, and a few beers. Yeah - that's right - I wrapped with bubble wrap and threw them in there at the last minute. Couldn't help it - they called my name!

I am going to the local Walgreen and load a Disney gift card with Money for my drinks and tips and whatnots. I may not do that until sat morning.

I still need one more trip to costco (not for trip stuff) for home stuff before I leave and I am supposed to go out with some friends tomorrow night. I also don't have a ride to the airport Saturday. I guess I better work on that. ;)

I can't believe the "last" day of the trip is here already in your planning (and the day before we get there too :sad2:). I like your idea of a pool day; if our trip weren't soshort, we always take one day just to hang at the pool (instead this trip we'll do two afternoons at the pool). We've never taken ME, but from the times everyone says they are picked up, I'm glad we don't.

You might want to find that ride to the airport,or you might have a little trouble on your hands.

Late breakfast at Poly and then hanging by their pool sounds perfect!!! :cloud9:

Are you flying out of BWI this time? If so, wave at me when you go past the 695 exit!

I can't believe the "last" day of the trip is here already in your planning (and the day before we get there too :sad2:). I like your idea of a pool day; if our trip weren't soshort, we always take one day just to hang at the pool (instead this trip we'll do two afternoons at the pool). We've never taken ME, but from the times everyone says they are picked up, I'm glad we don't.

You might want to find that ride to the airport,or you might have a little trouble on your hands.

Isn't that weird? A week from now I will be landing. These darn short trips. I need a LONG trip. Jen keeps naming all these things she wants to do and I am laughing because I know how little time we really have in a 5 day trip. Jen usually takes a 10 day when she travels with her family. This trip will be over before she knows what hit her. :laughing:

I will be getting home and you will be getting ready to go!

Late breakfast at Poly and then hanging by their pool sounds perfect!!! :cloud9:

Doesn't it? I have the perfect Poly pool scene in my head and I just can't shake it. I know I have to get a lapu lapu or some other less cumbersome drink and chill by the Poly pool with a book for about an hour or so. What an oasis!

Are you flying out of BWI this time? If so, wave at me when you go past the 695 exit!

No, we are actually flying out of Philly this time. The philly flights went to $79 before the BWI flights did. Once I got the Philly flights I never checked the BWI prices again because whatever I would save I would make up in parking. At least I can hitch a ride to Philly since its only about 45 or 50 mins.

So, no wave this time. Funny - I will fly 2 or 3 times in a row from Baltimore and that bam......2 or 3 times out of PHL. Never know whose gonna be cheaper.

So I just want to tell everyone that I had the best time writing this TR. I definitely think it was my most successful one to date. Chatted with old my old friends and made some new great DIS friends this time around. Thanks to everyone who stopped by and made comments.

I agreed to write Jen and my TR. She said if I wrote it she would add the pictures. Well, we all know that's not gonna happen because I LOVE taking pictures.

And when I get back in town I will reveal my future trip plans since you can never finish one trip without having another one in the back pocket.

So if the mods would keep this thread open and I will post a link to my next TR.

A final THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

So I just want to tell everyone that I had the best time writing this TR. I definitely think it was my most successful one to date. Chatted with old my old friends and made some new great DIS friends this time around. Thanks to everyone who stopped by and made comments.

I agreed to write Jen and my TR. She said if I wrote it she would add the pictures. Well, we all know that's not gonna happen because I LOVE taking pictures.

And when I get back in town I will reveal my future trip plans since you can never finish one trip without having another one in the back pocket.

So if the mods would keep this thread open and I will post a link to my next TR.

Thanks for the TR and the absolutely stunning pictures, Mary Ellen. I've enjoyed getting to know you and your family and look forward to the next TR (although I may not get to it right away because I'll be with a certain Mouse when you start it). Have a great trip. :)

Have a fabulous trip, Mary Ellen! Thanks for sharing this last one with us, and I am looking forward to the latest one when you return in a week! Hope you make it to the Poly pool, and I know you are going to have great pictures to show us!!! :goodvibes

Thanks for the TR and the absolutely stunning pictures, Mary Ellen. I've enjoyed getting to know you and your family and look forward to the next TR (although I may not get to it right away because I'll be with a certain Mouse when you start it).

Kathy - I really enjoyed meeting you, too, and I regret that we are missing each other by just a few short days. But maybe next September we will end up overlapping!

I hope you have a fab time during your trip and will be talking to you in a couple weeks!!!!!!

Have the most amazing trip MEK!!! I hope you and Jen have the most amazing time!! I cannot wait to see all your pictures!!!!

Have a great time, ME!!! And make sure to get your butts over to Kona for breakfast- one of my favorite things ever!!! :goodvibes Don't forget the Pineapple mac pancakes and the pulled pork thingee Joan had- yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....:cloud9: Love the idea of a Poly pool day, too- I'll be doing that on my next BLT trip without a doubt!

Hope I get some Pix! :goodvibes Have a blast-

E

I would really like to pool hop on Wednesday. Seriously - I really want to chill at the POLY pool! I love the view of the volcano and the beach and the castle off in the distance. I bet I could actually skip a park today and just chill. Perhaps do the monorail loop and stop at GF, eat CS at one of the resorts, and chill by the Poly pool.
I think that sounds fabulously decadent!

Wens is late EMH at AK so how much would I just love to stroll in there for the parade at 4pm and just chill there until Y&Y dinner time. I really want to ride EE in the dark but our Y&Y ADR is 7:30. I know it will not be dark at 7:30. Sunset in Orlando is scheduled for 7:32pm. That is sunset - dusk is not until 8pm. So, alas, it will not be dark enough for EE. But aren't you proud of me for at least checking. I want to be on line at 7:30pm and show up fashionably (10 mins) late for our ADR. I know it won't be dark but it will be darker than in May. Once again, darkness eludes me. bummer! I will just have to go back in December!

It was dark in august, it just depends on how late EMH goes....

Jen really wants to do the Segway tour at FW. I really would like to do this too but I think I rather pool it at the POLY. I am not sure how we can spend a morning in each park, have a pool day, and a segway day. I guess we could do the segway tour in the morning 8:30am then hit the pool then hit AK EMH. That might work. But it may also be fatiguing since we would have been at MNSSHP the night before.

Ok I hate how early ME leaves.... How long is Segway? I think I'd rather rent bikes and run around FW, that would be fun!

So that's its. I am packed. I got my teva mush and I do really love them - they are super comfy - you were all right. I did not get my mickey wallet yet. I hope it comes today or tomorrow. I still have to put my cosmetic bag, new hairdryer, and flatiron in my suitcase. I hope Jen does not think I am crazy taking the big suitcase, but I do have to pack my running stuff, running shoes, and tripod. I also have my collapsible cooler packed with water, coffee, and a few beers. Yeah - that's right - I wrapped with bubble wrap and threw them in there at the last minute. Couldn't help it - they called my name!

I am going to the local Walgreen and load a Disney gift card with Money for my drinks and tips and whatnots. I may not do that until sat morning.

I still need one more trip to costco (not for trip stuff) for home stuff before I leave and I am supposed to go out with some friends tomorrow night. I also don't have a ride to the airport Saturday. I guess I better work on that. ;)

Love that you are doing the cooler! Tennis shoes take up so much room it's crazy!

Jen can add pictures too! And comments I hope :)

I can't wait to see your future trip plans!

Have a great trip Mary Ellen! Your Poly pool day sounds heavenly :cloud9: I'm looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back!

Thanks for sharing your trip(s) and wonderful pictures!

Hope you have a magical time at Disney! pixiedust:

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hyper::jumping1::hyper::jumping1::hyper:

Have a fabulous time Mary Ellen and Jen!! Can't wait for your professional photos and TR when you come back and of course your plans for your next trip :laughing:

Tracy

Thanks for sharing your trip!

Have a wonderful Disney Addict, no kids, no husbands trip and take lots of pictures.

Can't wait for the next report.

Thanks for sharing your trip! You did another awesome TR :thumbsup2

Have an incredible time and I know you'll take tons of beautiful pics to share with us :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter