I Kicked it I Played it and now..Wheeling & Dealing at the WL final 9/9 p87/88

You've never had a hurricane, ME? You must rectify that, they are yummy! And, you are correct in assuming that it is not a cocktail to be consumed in the morning, you'll want to have that the evening before :thumbsup2

Having that short walk to MK from BLT would be awesome!

Hope you are able to get LL up to the TOTWL with you.

OOOH I can't wait to hear about your meal at the Wave!!! Sounds so exciting I really would like to eat there someday!! I cannot wait to see the pictures from BLT...you take some seriously fantastic pictures and from your balcony...I cannot wait!!!

The Wave is really good. I have had both steak and fish and both were really tasty. They also give smoothies with the meal plan which is a nice bonus when you are really starving.

I can't wait to use my camera to take some more update pictures. I am very excited!

Somehow I didn't remember that you have dined at The Wave before. I am really hoping to try a meal there in October. For a variety of reasons I've become very interested in locally sourced, fresh, organic, sustainable products and so I'm very interested in this restaurant.

The Wave is very good. As I said, I have had both steak and fish and both meals were very good. I also LOVE me some smoothies!

Please don't panic... I'm also "interested" in junk food like burgers and fries. :rolleyes:

Oh Thank Goodness! If we are going to hang
out in May you can't get all super healthy and organic on me! :rotfl

I have only transferred resorts once but found the process very easy so hope the same will be true for you!!

That's what everyone says, so I am sure it will go fine. I usually have a car, but I'm not too worried about it.

All these rules around the TOTWL sound crazy. I totally get restricting it to DVC members and even DVC members staying at BLT. But not being able to bring guests? To an empty lounge? :confused3 Seems a little nutty to me. Hope you're able to work it out. I haven't met Marc but I have had the pleasure of meeting LL and she is delightful. :goodvibes

I am very optimistic that we will be able to work it out! I am really looking forward to meeting LL and Marc and I can't believe they will have a one week head start on me! :laughing:

You've never had a hurricane, ME? You must rectify that, they are yummy! And, you are correct in assuming that it is not a cocktail to be consumed in the morning, you'll want to have that the evening before :thumbsup2

Having that short walk to MK from BLT would be awesome!

Hope you are able to get LL up to the TOTWL with you.

I have never had a Hurricane, but it looks like I am about to add it to "the list". So, after I hit the margarita stand in DTD and do my shopping and eating I head back to POFQ and drink a hurricane? Is this correct????? :rotfl:

I am definitely going to try my best to get LL and Marc up there with me!

Hi Mary Ellen!

Just finished your final thoughts and then got the little surprise about your upcoming trip! Well, if that doesn't cure any Post-Disney Blues I don't know what will! :laughing:

This trip will be a "10"... I just feel it. Especially since you are building up your intestinal fortitude!

Have fun! (Love POFQ!)

Kathy

Hi Mary Ellen!

Just finished your final thoughts and then got the little surprise about your upcoming trip! Well, if that doesn't cure any Post-Disney Blues I don't know what will! :laughing:

This trip will be a "10"... I just feel it. Especially since you are building up your intestinal fortitude!

Have fun! (Love POFQ!)

Kathy

Hi Kathy - Thanks so much for stopping by. It means a lot because I know how busy you are.

I always try to stay one trip ahead so I always have something to look forward to. It really helps the post trip blues.

I love that saying - intestinal fortitude. My mother would always use that saying figuratively, but it now applies literally! :thumbsup2

Love plans when you check into BLT. I love the opening show at MK -- and will be sorry we won't catch it this short trip. I've never had a Hurricane either; anxious to hear what you think of the Wave.

Cynthia would be proud to know that I already purchased some real Starbucks coffee for the trip. Yeah me! :thumbsup2

Very proud! Now just don't forget to pack it like Brook did! :rotfl:

Your plans look GREAT and it's so fun to see Jen post! Resort transfer is easy peasy, it shouldn't slow you down a bit unless there is a line at bell services.

Love plans when you check into BLT. I love the opening show at MK -- and will be sorry we won't catch it this short trip. I've never had a Hurricane either; anxious to hear what you think of the Wave.

I am sorry you will be missing it this trip. I know we will see it at least once, maybe even a second time if we are really lucky.

Very proud! Now just don't forget to pack it like Brook did! :rotfl:
:rotfl2: OMG - this was laugh out loud funny. Poor Brooke! Don't worry. I am finishing my packing tomorrow and it will be in there. Denny tried to open it the other day to use in the kuerig, but I threatened bodily injury!

Your plans look GREAT and it's so fun to see Jen post! Resort transfer is easy peasy, it shouldn't slow you down a bit unless there is a line at bell services.

I'm not too worried. I don't even think it will be very crowded while we are there. At least I hope not!

You are going to have such a great time! You'll have to let me know how the resort transfer goes since I'll be doing one in January!! Can't wait to hear about your experience!!

You will so enjoy meeting Leslie and Marc, they are amazing! I love Leslie, she is such a doll!!!!!

So Mary Ellen...what you doing in January :rolleyes1 LOL!!!!!!

You are going to have such a great time! You'll have to let me know how the resort transfer goes since I'll be doing one in January!! Can't wait to hear about your experience!!

I am sure it will work out fine, although I do plan to bring my collapsible cooler filled with water. I just love the whole free luggage thing on southwest and I certainly plan to take advantage of it! :thumbsup2

You will so enjoy meeting Leslie and Marc, they are amazing! I love Leslie, she is such a doll!!!!!

I am really looking forward to meeting them. I was so super psyched for them to add the extra days. Such a spontaneous move. I hope they enjoy every minute of this trip. The both really deserve it!

So Mary Ellen...what you doing in January :rolleyes1 LOL!!!!!!

If you only knew how much I would love to go in January. I think September/Oct......January.......May is the perfect rotation. It's a trip every 4 months. Ya gotta love that. Sadly, I do not think Denny would be too enthusiastic about me throwing in an extra trip. He really wants to go skiing this winter. In fact he mentioned it yesterday and I honestly think he should go. We haven't been since the winter of my altitude sickness in Colorado. He mentioned east coast skiing, which I dislike because it can be icy. But I wouldn't be opposed to a long weekend in New England. It's Brians last winter at home so it would be nice for him to get a chance to ski one last time.

we will be waking up here.......
IMG_4206.jpg

Where we should have a lovely view of this lake.....

IMG_4204.jpg

I, of course, would like to go for a run because I have never had the pleasure of running around the contemporary. I know I can run to the MK and back, but I'm really not sure what will happen if I set out in the opposite direction. :confused3

I think I better do a little more research regarding running options at the Contemporary.

For breakfast I will likely use a snack credit and get something at the contempo cafe. I am not a huge breakfast person, but I tend to get hungry early for lunch.

So which park today Jen???????

Hmmmmmm.....Me thinks if we didn't hit MK on Sunday we will DEFINITELY be heading there this morning. On our morning walk to the park we will certainly see a lot of familiar sights......

DisneyJune2009257.jpg

DisneyJune2009259.jpg

DisneyJune2009260.jpg

DisneyJune2009261.jpg

DisneyJune2009647.jpg

Of course our finest moment will be seeing this.......

DisneyJune2009828.jpg

Image0270.jpg

I know we will hit all the headliners but I also hope we have time for a dole whip or a cream cheese pretzel or some corn dogs. I also hope we encounter a little spontaneous character interaction. I mean, come on, how cute is this picture?

Image0283.jpg

This is, of course, one of our fellow Disers who doesn't trip report, but I really hope she doesn't mind me posting her picture because this is just so stinkin cute!

On the other hand, if we have already visited MK then I would really love to go to AK. You know its one of my favs!

If we head to AK we will definitely need our picture taken here.....

Image0109.jpg

Image0117.jpg

Then I am sure we will head here to grab some FP's

IMG_3538.jpg

and maybe even catch a ride on this.....

DisneyJune2009107.jpg

Jen has never seen.....

IMG_3552.jpg

Of course no trip to AK is complete without a ride on this, complete with a red neck pic.....

IMG_3591.jpg

I, of course, will be off in search of some "artsy" shots......

IMG_3610.jpg

IMG_3621.jpg

I am pretty sure Jen told me she wants to ride this......

DisneyJune2009090-1.jpg

And, of course, we have to ride this.........

DisneyJune2009120.jpg

Not sure where will we be having lunch. I am willing to give Y&Y CS another go. But honestly, I have never eaten lunch at Restaurantsaurous (can't spell, not even gonna try) and perhaps a burger will be in order.

If we have time I would really like to see FOTLK since its been several years since I have seen it.

So that's our day - we have plan A MK or plan B AK.

We will also include our afternoon break before we head out to dinner at a totally different park.

Waking up at BLT...now that sounds completely delightful!!!!

Hmmmm Plan A or Plan B??? Either one sounds like a great choice!!!! I'm learning to really love just going with the flow of things at Disney!!! The commando in me is no longer a raging monster!! I still like rope drops though LOL!!

Waking up a BLT sounds awesome! And no matter where you spend your day, you know it will be a good one. ONE WEEK!! :yay:

Waking up at BLT...now that sounds completely delightful!!!!

Hmmmm Plan A or Plan B??? Either one sounds like a great choice!!!! I'm learning to really love just going with the flow of things at Disney!!! The commando in me is no longer a raging monster!! I still like rope drops though LOL!!

It's crazy to think I will be waking up there in one week. I thought it would be years until I got to stay at BLT. I'm way ahead of schedule! :cool1:

Can't wait to read about your stay at BLT! It is sure to be wonderful!!!

I am totally excited to really see it. I hope we get a great view.:thumbsup2

Waking up a BLT sounds awesome! And no matter where you spend your day, you know it will be a good one. ONE WEEK!! :yay:

I agree - any day at Disney is a great day! ;) It's just going to be so surreal to actually be on the monorail line. I can't believe I am going to be living so large!

Waking up at BLT sounds heavenly!

If you end up with AK, you could try the picnic in the park as a lunch option....

Plan A or Plan B sounds great to me. We've never done Y&Y's CS (we did their table service and loved it).

I LOVE the fact that your winging it! I also love the way you describe PO! It sounds so lovely!

Yippee for waking up at BLT 1 week from today!!!! Have you looked at the BLT threads! There are some fabulous pictures! I've been pouring over the threads! :lmao: Did you put in a room request?! One of the threads someone has taken on the task of mapping each and every room and the view! It's really neat! If you request an even #'d room in the north part of the building apparently there is a good chance you'll get a lake view and an MK view! MK will be to your left!! I'm not sure if I'm going to put in a request for the lake view part of the trip next month!

I really can't wait to see all your pics from BLT! :banana:

Waking up at BLT sounds heavenly!

If you end up with AK, you could try the picnic in the park as a lunch option....

Can't wait to see the view from BLT. I really can't imagine that there is a bad view.

Picnic in the park sounds like an option if its not a blazing hot day. Did you guys try that?

Plan A or Plan B sounds great to me. We've never done Y&Y's CS (we did their table service and loved it).

I thought the CS was just eh, but I am willing to try it again. I can't wait to try TS. I haven't heard one bad thing about it. All good! :thumbsup2

I LOVE the fact that your winging it! I also love the way you describe PO! It sounds so lovely!

PO is really pretty. Seriously - i have the fondest memories from my first trip there. I remember thinking I had died and went to heaven!

Yippee for waking up at BLT 1 week from today!!!! Have you looked at the BLT threads! There are some fabulous pictures! I've been pouring over the threads! :lmao: Did you put in a room request?! One of the threads someone has taken on the task of mapping each and every room and the view! It's really neat! If you request an even #'d room in the north part of the building apparently there is a good chance you'll get a lake view and an MK view! MK will be to your left!! I'm not sure if I'm going to put in a request for the lake view part of the trip next month!

I actually can't believe it either. It seems so surreal.

I don't think that Jen put in a request. It's actually booked with her points. I figure any room we get is going to be great. Hopefully checking in first thing in the morning will increase our odds of a nice room. who knows :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter