Hurricane Irma?

I feel your pain. Three and a half and counting...

xK9zWYJ.png
Calling Disney in times like this on a cell phone frightens me. I'm always afraid I'll push the disconnect button. Like you'd think there would be an option you can set....if your call is longer then X please confirm your choice to end this call

For those of you that have switched days, by moving arrival and departure out... do you incur any fees for the departure? We currently have plans for arriving Monday (wishful thinking I know)... but are thinking of pushing that out to Wed and changing departure from 9/20 to 9/22... Would Jetblue charge a fee for changing the later dates?
Looks like you'd be okay.

From the Jetblue site:

Customers traveling Wednesday, September 6, 2017 through Monday, September 11, 2017...Customers may rebook their flights for travel through Wednesday, September 27, 2017 online in the ‘Manage Flights’ section of jetblue.com or by calling 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) prior to the departure time of their originally scheduled flight.

Probably to get aircraft out of the area and if landing after 2 and refueling and departure would have taken more than 3 hours they decided it wasn't worth the risk.

If I take one thing away from this whole thing it's to never fly AA. Not only are they stopping earlier but they barely lowered their prices for those affected.

Jetblue and Southwest forever.

Irma is a fast moving storm. It does not have the issue Harvey did with being in the gulf and having currents to stall it out. Assuming it does not slow down and comes through in the Sun-Mon overnight hours. It will likely be sunny Tuesday(the Saturday and Sunday after Matthew were beautiful) I also have a friend stuck down where Irma just came through yesterday and he says the damage is bad, but the weather is nice now. If there is not significant damage at the airport- Tuesday flights we likely be fine (as long as they are not going through where the storm is heading) They want to get flights and planes coming in as soon as possible to get people out who are stuck there because of cancelled flights. I saw you post you moved your flight to Wednesday- I think that is a pretty safe move in case there is any damage to clean up to get flights and things moving again. Hopefully the area won't be too bad and you will be able to get there and have a great trip .

As someone also flying in on Wednesday thank you for your sane, calming words!

thank you SO much for the info.. we changed our arrivalf rom tues to wed. my son is telling us we are selfish because we will be taking resources from locals who will need help and putting first responders and rescuers at risk, just so we can see a mouse. (he obviously is not a disney person) he' smaking me feel guilty and doubting on choices to not totallycancel.. I thought we did the prudent thing by lopping a day off the beg. of the trip.
We are supposed to be checking in on 9-11 for my sons graduation trip it is the same son who is saying we should cancel and just go next year I on the other hand and the one who did all the planning all the reservation making all the late at night stalking for deals etc. and I say no way! this is going to happen soon! Do I feel selfish and irresponsible yes I'm trying to currently booked out a week from now but I can't do it without getting the free dining because we can't afford not to this is not a every year trip this is a once in a while for special occasion celebrations that we all screamed and saved and went without things just to be able to go, so yeah I feel like a toddler throwing an it's not fair tantrum

For those of you that have switched days, by moving arrival and departure out... do you incur any fees for the departure? We currently have plans for arriving Monday (wishful thinking I know)... but are thinking of pushing that out to Wed and changing departure from 9/20 to 9/22... Would Jetblue charge a fee for changing the later dates?

United switched us from 9/9-9/16 to 9/16-9/23 without a fee. They shouldn't charge you. You should call before the flights are all booked for the days you want to switch to.

It's so draining!!! I've been on hold now for 4 hours, 37 minutes. Music cut out at about 90 minutes. I'm praying that I'm still really on hold!!
Yikes! I bet this most recent NHC model run loaded up the lines even more with requests for cancellations. Going to Orlando this weekend is traveling into the jaws of the beast, so to speak.

Really the only way Nashville will get anything is if it takes the more Western path, which will also mean a more direct hit on Orlando, or put Orlando on the "dirty" side of the storm, so things may not be good in Orlando then. With the current more commonly projected paths, here in E. TN we are barely going to be getting scraped by the edges on Tuesday. So possible for Nashville but probably, if Nashville has rain on Tuesday, things may be pretty poor in Orlando.
How is Tennessee as far as preparedness is anyone stocking up on gas in anticipation we are planning on driving through there my husband concern is not having gas to get to Disney

Wow this new track is so damn scary. It keeps going west. It's beginning it's going to go straight up the middle of Florida.

My God that would be horrible and unthinkable. I have a lot of family down there.

Guys Disney is amazing but this is incredibly scary and horrible what might happen

I agree.

My poor sister. She lives on Tampa Bay.. like she looks out her window onto the bay. She and her boyfriend are set to fly out Saturday morning to New York State. The plan was to take the dogs to the kennel and go to a wedding (prior to Irma). Now she doesn't know what to do. She doesn't want to leave the dogs but her kennel has a very solid building, and is not in a flood zone and the owner is assuring her that they are staying with the animals. Who knows if Tampa will declare a mandatory Evacuation..and who knows if the airport will stay open long enough to get on a Saturday morning flight? She's debating driving but her boyfriend can't come because of his job at the hospital. He has to be there until Friday night. She's conflicted and scared. She's only 25.. I still worry about her.
I want to say to get in her car and go.. but I just don't know. For now the plan is to wait for those Saturday flights.

Ugh. Thanks for listening. :worried:

As of now, my husband and I are still heading down on Saturday. We are on Spirit Airlines leaving from Pittsburgh and arriving in Orlando at 9:50AM Saturday morning. We're hoping to go to Magic Kingdom as soon as we get in and hopefully getting dinner there. After that, we are planning on staying in our room at All-Star Music for at least Saturday night, Sunday, and Monday.

Are there any more suggestions on how to ride out this storm in our hotel room? We have about 5 days worth of food (Tuna pouches, beef jerky, cereal, protein bars, etc.) and a lot of empty shaker bottles for water in our suitcase. We have flashlights and extra batteries, external battery chargers for our phones, and some books. Anything else we might need?

Sounds like you have done an excellent job at prepping. Are you going to bring ponchos (the folded one in pouches types?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter