Highway in the Sky Dine Around with Wishes viewing area

He hasn't posted any more pics.
Hopefully we'll get some reviews after tonight or tomorrow night with more pics.

Using what he posted and pulling menus ....

$25 Valet
$8.50 Soup WAVE
$8 Drink WAVE (didn't look big) priced at one
$20 2 Appetizers TRADER SAM
$11 Mai Tai TRADER SAM without keeping mug
$46 Short Rib / Scallop CITRICOS
$ Wine Pairing, wait for reviews
$18 Cheese Platter GF
$10-15 per glass Champagne GF - so this is for one
$50 SMALL dessert party with alcohol and fireworks view ($80 for MK one)

So with only 1 drink, no wine at dinner it's at $200 plus tip and tax ($240)
Even if you don't use Valet still good.
If they served more than one drink at stops, ups the price.
If you don't drink that drops you to around $150-160 plus tip and tax ($190)
Plus whatever is in that little silver box, haha.

I went last night!!!! I couldn't figure out how to post pics but I saw you got some off of Instagram. It was worth the money!!!! We had 3 guides that always stayed with us, plus the management team from the current resort. Drinks were full pours, but only one per person, until we got to the champagne (which was the Fairytale) and the cordials. Those places it was all you could drink. Food was amazing!!!! Most of the group agreeed that the pork belly was the best app, and everyone enjoyed Citricous. We actually sat in the restaurant to eat there, everywhere else we were off to the side. They accomadated all allergies. And they didn't completely close the 4th floor deck at the Contemporary, we only had a small portion. But, they put seats for us to sit and watch the fireworks. The only downside, if there is one, was the wait for the monorail, it was packed last night. They did have a boat standing by to put us on, in case of emergency, but they almost put us on it between the Poly and Grand, because the line was all the way back to the gift shop in the Poly. There was a guy there from Disney Food Blog, he took lots of pics and asked lots of questions, so I'm sure his review will be awesome. It was limited to 25 people. It was also a late night, we got to Contemporary just in time for the fireworks. I'll try to answer any questions, I did take some notes, lol!!!! By the way, it was a lot of alcohol!!!!! Full pours plus both red and white wine with dinner!!!! Non Alcoholic was available upon request.
Do you both mind if I link both of your posts to the first page, I think they will be very helpful

Non Alcoholic were available upon request. I ended up getting a Coke at Trader Sams, I've never been a fan of the drinks there. Everyone got the same plate.

Thank you! I'm not a fan of Trader Sam's drinks either... too sweet... but if it comes with the package, I'll probably drink it! LOL! Thanks for the review and answering my questions.

Thank you so much for posting and thank you HopperFan for the pictures! I have a question - do you think it would be uncomfortable if I did this alone? I made a reservation for Dec. 17, but will only be traveling with DS9 now (DH is staying home). He would actually be a very well-behaved little gentleman if he accompanied me, but he would be happier in the kids club for the evening :)

I'm not sure but I think you have to be 21 or over to sign up for this...

Yep exactly.

They are going to have some very mad CR and BLT guests with this.

Well, it's not like those people paid extra for that viewing area.

Oh...... wait.........

I am not trying to be inflammatory, but is fireworks viewing on the 4th floor deck really included/listed as a resort amenity? Or said a different way, is that viewing location for resort guests only?

@HopperFan I hope Disney doesn't see your calculations and bump up the price! HAHAHA :rotfl2:

I've been to Trader Sam's and they do serve the drinks in those glasses but you don't get to keep them. Of course, you can buy them! That's a really neat bar, cool and fun atmosphere. Cast members fool around with you and the entire bar!

Yes I've been ... but we bought our glasses so I didn't know how the drinks came if you weren't buying but in hindsight since you get clean ones after you pay ... makes sense.

I am not trying to be inflammatory, but is fireworks viewing on the 4th floor deck really included/listed as a resort amenity? Or said a different way, is that viewing location for resort guests only?

I guess it isn't a resort amenity there any more than the monorail is. (Because when there are monorail issues, many will contend that's not really one of the perks of staying there).

No, it was never for resort guests only. And that was nice. EVERYONE could watch from there. And the earlier you got there, the better view you could get. I don't know if you are familiar with the deck but it's basically part of the 4th floor concourse, just the outdoor part. It's also how you walk over to BLT. It's a very public spot, it's not a super secret deck like the one at CG if that makes sense.

If I was staying there and came down to watch Wishes and saw this, I would have flipped my lid. Honestly, it would have been enough for me to check out the next day and go somewhere offsite.

That was the only place where the chef did not interact with us. We had a manager instead. They were packed with regular dinner service and both items were off the regular menu. Each table did have their own server who was also available for questions.

Did each party have their own table or did they mix you up? Would b great for singles if they mixed you.

Do you both mind if I link both of your posts to the first page, I think they will be very helpful

Of course

No. Just like folks can watch from the Poly or GF beach that aren't staying there.

If I was staying there and came down to watch Wishes and saw this, I would have flipped my lid. Honestly, it would have been enough for me to check out the next day and go somewhere offsite.

Really? You would really check out and move somewhere off-property because of this? That seems a bit extreme for losing a small section of "public" viewing space. I just can't imagine spending that much emotional energy, time, hassle, and inconvenience on fireworks viewing space. If a private area is open to use by the public, I never feel entitled to that space. If the owner decides to use all of it or a portion of it for the owner's purposes, then so be it.

But, enough negativity. Every thing/event/experience Disney offers (or discontinues) is going to be met with both excitement and resistance. It is the nature of the beast. And for this event, I squarely fall on the excitement side!

Really? You would really check out and move somewhere off-property because of this? That seems a bit extreme for losing a small section of "public" viewing space. I just can't imagine spending that much emotional energy, time, hassle, and inconvenience on fireworks viewing space. If a private area is open to use by the public, I never feel entitled to that space. If the owner decides to use all of it or a portion of it for the owner's purposes, then so be it.

Absolutely I would check out the next day and get a refund. We always have a car, so not a big deal. Would I pay CR prices and have something that was always open and we have always used taken away for an upcharge event? Nope. I'll go to the Four Seasons and have a real luxury stay. I think the monorail priority boarding is an issue too.

We've stayed at the CR many times over the past 10 years (and we always stay lake view because I don't like the daytime view from the MK side). And part of the attraction of the resort, and a major part of the reason we stayed there, was to be able to scoot down and watch the fireworks with the kids and quickly scoot back up to our room.

ETA: I don't begrudge anyone who enjoys this event, but I have an issue with Disney doing these things

I have adjusted the price based on our first hand report and Mr. Wade putting notes on his photos.

EDITED THIS BASED ON FIRST HAND REPORT

$25 Valet
$8.50 Soup WAVE
$10 Drink WAVE one full pour
$20 2 Appetizers TRADER SAM
$11 Mai Tai TRADER SAM without keeping mug full pour
$46 Short Rib / Scallop CITRICOS
$10 Wine Pairing, 1 full glass or 2 half glasses, white and red
$18 Cheese Platter GF
$20 per glass Champagne GF , refills available, priced for 2
$50 SMALL dessert party with alcohol and fireworks view ($80 for MK one)
Cordial refills available but I'll just leave the price
$10 Gift box of Truffles to go
$0 3 Cast Members, plus resort CMs and special attention

So it's at $228 plus tip and tax ($280).

Even if you don't use Valet still good.

If you don't drink that drops you to around $160 plus tip and tax ($196).

Still good.

Total Charge for this event (my receipt) $158.40 per person (includes gratuity & tax).

@yulilin3

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter