Highway in the Sky Dine Around with Wishes viewing area

I get serving it in the mug cause it's fun. I've only bought the drinks to keep the cup (they really give you a new one) so I don't know if you aren't keeping it, do they still serve it in the mug.

I'm not sure. I was looking into it since I was planning on going with my sisters. I did see that they give you a new one, but can't remember if it's still served in the souvenir glass if you don't pay the higher price? It was kind of a non-issue for me, hence the non-remembering, since I knew that I'd be leaving with a shiny new tiki glass...

They do serve them in the souvenir mugs, even if you aren't buying the mug.

Man, this looks so awesome. I am glad that they aren't doing it between xmas and NYE, because I would be kicking myself for not doing this. I hope they are doing when we get a chance, probably won't be until November for my bday. That would make a great bday present for myself though:rolleyes1

Fingers crossed. I could see this working at a few places.

WOW! It was booked when we will be there, but I was seriously consuidering it. After the pictures, I know I would enjoy this experience.

@HopperFan I hope Disney doesn't see your calculations and bump up the price! HAHAHA :rotfl2:

I've been to Trader Sam's and they do serve the drinks in those glasses but you don't get to keep them. Of course, you can buy them! That's a really neat bar, cool and fun atmosphere. Cast members fool around with you and the entire bar!

I went last night!!!! I couldn't figure out how to post pics but I saw you got some off of Instagram. It was worth the money!!!! We had 3 guides that always stayed with us, plus the management team from the current resort. Drinks were full pours, but only one per person, until we got to the champagne (which was the Fairytale) and the cordials. Those places it was all you could drink. Food was amazing!!!! Most of the group agreeed that the pork belly was the best app, and everyone enjoyed Citricous. We actually sat in the restaurant to eat there, everywhere else we were off to the side. They accomadated all allergies. And they didn't completely close the 4th floor deck at the Contemporary, we only had a small portion. But, they put seats for us to sit and watch the fireworks. The only downside, if there is one, was the wait for the monorail, it was packed last night. They did have a boat standing by to put us on, in case of emergency, but they almost put us on it between the Poly and Grand, because the line was all the way back to the gift shop in the Poly. There was a guy there from Disney Food Blog, he took lots of pics and asked lots of questions, so I'm sure his review will be awesome. It was limited to 25 people. It was also a late night, we got to Contemporary just in time for the fireworks. I'll try to answer any questions, I did take some notes, lol!!!! By the way, it was a lot of alcohol!!!!! Full pours plus both red and white wine with dinner!!!! Non Alcoholic was available upon request.

I went last night!!!! I couldn't figure out how to post pics but I saw you got some off of Instagram. It was worth the money!!!! We had 3 guides that always stayed with us, plus the management team from the current resort. Drinks were full pours, but only one per person, until we got to the champagne (which was the Fairytale) and the cordials. Those places it was all you could drink. Food was amazing!!!! Most of the group agreeed that the pork belly was the best app, and everyone enjoyed Citricous. We actually sat in the restaurant to eat there, everywhere else we were off to the side. They accomadated all allergies. And they didn't completely close the 4th floor deck at the Contemporary, we only had a small portion. But, they put seats for us to sit and watch the fireworks. The only downside, if there is one, was the wait for the monorail, it was packed last night. They did have a boat standing by to put us on, in case of emergency, but they almost put us on it between the Poly and Grand, because the line was all the way back to the gift shop in the Poly. There was a guy there from Disney Food Blog, he took lots of pics and asked lots of questions, so I'm sure his review will be awesome. It was limited to 25 people. It was also a late night, we got to Contemporary just in time for the fireworks. I'll try to answer any questions, I did take some notes, lol!!!! By the way, it was a lot of alcohol!!!!! Full pours plus both red and white wine with dinner!!!! Non Alcoholic was available upon request.

Woo hoo! Thanks so much! If you didn't want wine with dinner were you offered an alternative alcoholic drink? Was there an option for a meal at dinner or did everyone get the same plate? (except for people with food allergies of course)

Woo hoo! Thanks so much! If you didn't want wine with dinner were you offered an alternative alcoholic drink? Was there an option for a meal at dinner or did everyone get the same plate? (except for people with food allergies of course)

Non Alcoholic were available upon request. I ended up getting a Coke at Trader Sams, I've never been a fan of the drinks there. Everyone got the same plate.

Thank you so much for posting and thank you HopperFan for the pictures! I have a question - do you think it would be uncomfortable if I did this alone? I made a reservation for Dec. 17, but will only be traveling with DS9 now (DH is staying home). He would actually be a very well-behaved little gentleman if he accompanied me, but he would be happier in the kids club for the evening :)

Thank you so much for posting and thank you HopperFan for the pictures! I have a question - do you think it would be uncomfortable if I did this alone? I made a reservation for Dec. 17, but will only be traveling with DS9 now (DH is staying home). He would actually be a very well-behaved little gentleman if he accompanied me, but he would be happier in the kids club for the evening :)

You would totally be ok alone!!!! It's designed for the group to know each other. We even met people from where we were from, lol!!!!! Plus, the guides, chefs, and managers constantly walked through the group asking how everyone was enjoying everything.

I just realized you asked about alternative alcholic drinks, lol!!!! No, it was the wine or something non alcoholic. I'm not a big wine person, but the manager insisted that I at least try them because they were included. The Chardonnay was very buttery and everyone really seemed to enjoy the Red (it was a blend).

Thanks for your review. Did the chef at Citricos interact with you guys at all? If so, it sounds like a mini chefs table experience :)

There has been a lot of criticism from others on being able to do this much cheaper than the $150 after tip. It seem like you got pretty good value after all those drinks and food for the price, and a mini dessert party to boot. Just wanted to get your take on value? Thanks!

TOTALLY sold on this...so now I just have to plan a trip! (Did I mention we just got back 2 weeks ago?):rotfl2: ETA: Of course, it IS sold out for a while, so that gives me some time to plan and save...and convince DH!

But seriously, what an amazing event! I understand limiting the alcohol to begin with. In addition to the cost, you don't want people to get smashed TOO early in the event!

Pivoting off of this for a moment - I do wonder if Disney leadership hasn't challenged different teams/divisions to come up with creative/enhanced experiences for guests, including price-points, and now the "best" are getting their operational tests. Instead of a top-down, more of a "let's see what you've got?" from people closer to the line. But maybe that's par for the course with Disney?

Thanks for your review. Did the chef at Citricos interact with you guys at all? If so, it sounds like a mini chefs table experience :)

There has been a lot of criticism from others on being able to do this much cheaper than the $150 after tip. It seem like you got pretty good value after all those drinks and food for the price, and a mini dessert party to boot. Just wanted to get your take on value? Thanks!

That was the only place where the chef did not interact with us. We had a manager instead. They were packed with regular dinner service and both items were off the regular menu. Each table did have their own server who was also available for questions.

TOTALLY sold on this...so now I just have to plan a trip! (Did I mention we just got back 2 weeks ago?):rotfl2: ETA: Of course, it IS sold out for a while, so that gives me some time to plan and save...and convince DH!

But seriously, what an amazing event! I understand limiting the alcohol to begin with. In addition to the cost, you don't want people to get smashed TOO early in the event!

Pivoting off of this for a moment - I do wonder if Disney leadership hasn't challenged different teams/divisions to come up with creative/enhanced experiences for guests, including price-points, and now the "best" are getting their operational tests. Instead of a top-down, more of a "let's see what you've got?" from people closer to the line. But maybe that's par for the course with Disney?

Despite the complaints, I like the direction they are going with these enhanced events. I visit with my wife, and these adult options keep us excited for the next trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter