Highway in the Sky Dine Around with Wishes viewing area

Looks like in pictures the area closest to the front of resort/Magic Kingdom. West side. You can see the monorail line above them.

In photo one the farthest where the folks are sitting.

@olliffm1 ... confirm if this is it.

IMG_0044_2.jpg

Contemporary%20Resort%20030.jpg

wishes-fireworks.jpg
Yep. That's where we were. Those seats and they has set up some high top tables.

No, it was never for resort guests only. And that was nice. EVERYONE could watch from there. And the earlier you got there, the better view you could get. I don't know if you are familiar with the deck but it's basically part of the 4th floor concourse, just the outdoor part. It's also how you walk over to BLT. It's a very public spot, it's not a super secret deck like the one at CG if that makes sense.

If I was staying there and came down to watch Wishes and saw this, I would have flipped my lid. Honestly, it would have been enough for me to check out the next day and go somewhere offsite.

I am sorry that any vacation event bothers you this much. But it seems that since you do feel this strongly that maybe it is time for you to take a break and find a less stressful 1) resort choice or 2) vacation destination.
Good Luck

I am sorry that any vacation event bothers you this much. But it seems that since you do feel this strongly that maybe it is time for you to take a break and find a less stressful 1) resort choice or 2) vacation destination.
Good Luck

Doesn't stress me out at all.

But yes, when they take away a favorite viewing spot that used to be free for everyone and sell it as an upcharge event, I find it annoying.

Anyway I've already said my piece and I don't want to be the buzzkill on a thread of people who are very excited for this event (which I completely understand)

Doesn't stress me out at all.

But yes, when they take away a favorite viewing spot that used to be free for everyone and sell it as an upcharge event, I find it annoying.

Anyway I've already said my piece and I don't want to be the buzzkill on a thread of people who are very excited for this event (which I completely understand)

I get where you are coming from, but at least it isn't everyday. It can be annoying when you have a favorite thing and it goes away or gets sectioned off for an event...but the resort is ever changing, and new things come and go. Personally, this is something I am thrilled over.

Doing this tonight. Will post pics and a review at some point but will definitely be instagramming too @aviator326. I'll use the same hashtag as they did last night.

Great pictures!! And I loved your other foodie ones too. Pretty enough I might give BOG dinner another chance.

Last edited:
Well 25 minutes before tonight's dinner is supposed to start, the monorail is shut down.
Great pictures!! And I loved your other foodie ones too. Pretty enough I might give BOG dinner another chance.

I honestly wouldn't recommend it. I'm going to post reviews later, but let's just say BOG dinner was our least favorite meal of the week.

Well 25 minutes before tonight's dinner is supposed to start, the monorail is shut down.

I honestly wouldn't recommend it. I'm going to post reviews later, but let's just say BOG dinner was our least favorite meal of the week.

I've eaten dinner once ............... finally ............... after cancelling it 5-6 times. I love lunch there, and have had good breakfasts but wish they make it a TS or real fixed price so everyone pays - and the price can drop. DS LOVES it there, so I try to get it. Last fall we went ahead and did dinner (I have TiW) and the menu still turned me off.

My biggest issue is I have seen it as a QS many many times, so to go in at dinner and literally the only difference was they took my order at the table ........ even the desserts were the same .......... it was still loud and felt like a QS. Thanks, I'll continue to book elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter