Here Now - DVC & BWV Observations

Well, I found pictures form Boardwalk this year. Looks like the exact same decorations to me, just moved around a bit likely due to the removal of the gingerbread store. The outside is almost identical - actually no hanging flower baskets this year which is something I was also noticing around the MK bus stops.

At the Contemporary the Mickey wreath was missing above the monorail entrance. One CM said that they were told to tell guests that it is down for maintenance another told us that it will be put up before the end of the year..

:earsboy: Bill

[/QUOTE

Mickey wreath's been missing for several years. So unless it's taken 3 years to repair it I'm thinking it's not coming back.

CM confirms that room request info isn't always attached to the room reservation. Resorts have discussed this several times with DVC but problem still exists.

BWV is still having exterior painting done, the rooms next to the main pool and some rooms on the boardwalk where the pillars are.

Resort Christmas decorations budget was cut again this year, lobby decorations are noticeably less than previous years.

The crew that inspects the rooms after housekeeping has been disbanded. They would help coordinate the cleanings for problem rooms and lend a hand where necessary. They also did after cleaning inspections. Now the housekeeping manager does the inspections when they have extra time.

Room is clean and in good shape. Never got the room ready text, the door sill below the balcony door never got finished when they rehabbed. This is the second room here at BWV to have the issue, other rooms have a finished piece that covers the door jamb.

What do you think about the overall rehab? I thought the kitchen and bathroom were nice but the bare floor through out the family room area seems sparse. If you have kids, the noise tends to echo without carpeting or rugs.

What do you think about the overall rehab? I thought the kitchen and bathroom were nice but the bare floor through out the family room area seems sparse. If you have kids, the noise tends to echo without carpeting or rugs.

I think that I miss the carpet and the special Disney touches. If you didn't know that you were at Disney, you could be in any hotel room. Doesn't much matter what we think, Disney and DVC have their reasons for what they do, it's their business, we just visit once in awhile.

We had two 2BR this past week, overall we though it was fine. The flooring in the LR?kitchen/foyer is a little strange and the couches are horrible to sit on because the cushions don't stay in place.

I think that I miss the carpet and the special Disney touches. If you didn't know that you were at Disney, you could be in any hotel room. Doesn't much matter what we think, Disney and DVC have their reasons for what they do, it's their business, we just visit once in awhile.

I guess it always boils down to money. The commercial flooring will last forever lowering housekeeping and maintenance costs. Disney won't using these rooms to sell DVC.

We had two 2BR this past week, overall we though it was fine. The flooring in the LR?kitchen/foyer is a little strange and the couches are horrible to sit on because the cushions don't stay in place.

I agree, The flooring is my main complaint. It has an industrial feel to it and the room echo is almost garage like. I won't be surprised if I see area rugs on a few roof racks.

Well, I found pictures form Boardwalk this year. Looks like the exact same decorations to me, just moved around a bit likely due to the removal of the gingerbread store. The outside is almost identical - actually no hanging flower baskets this year which is something I was also noticing around the MK bus stops.
Pictures don't lie, but they don't tell the entire story either.

MG

I guess it always boils down to money. The commercial flooring will last forever lowering housekeeping and maintenance costs. Disney won't using these rooms to sell DVC.

We noticed some scratches in the floor already. According to our housekeeper it takes them longer to clean, they are suppose to sweep and steam clean the floor which takes longer.

We noticed some scratches in the floor already. According to our housekeeper it takes them longer to clean, they are suppose to sweep and steam clean the floor which takes longer.

With the texture I would think it is much more difficult to clean.

The rooms I was in last Feb already had scratches on the floor. :sad2:

I very much agree with you about the couches.

As couches go I don't think sitting on any sofa bed couch is comfortable as a regular couch. Someone are better than others but none are great.

As couches go I don't think sitting on any sofa bed couch is comfortable as a regular couch. Someone are better than others but none are great.

The sofa cushions at BWV do tend to eject and slide forward. Not an issue at VGF.

The sofa cushions at BWV do tend to eject and slide forward. Not an issue at VGF.

Is the couch at VGF a 3 cushion seat, if so they seem to do better on sofa sleepers. The two cushions ones are the ones that are the worst.

BWV ones are the worst I think. I'd push them back in and I swear they would slide out overnight even though no one sat on them. :rolleyes: PVB slide out somewhat too but not quite as fast.

The room we stayed in last week did not have the floor steam cleaned. It felt dirty (sticky) in some areas if you walked in bare feet. The brown color will hide dirt/grime. I can't imagine a brown linoleum type material is more upkeep than carpet.

Last edited:
The room we stayed in last week did not have the floor steam cleaned. It felt dirty (sticky) in some areas if you walked in bare feet. The brown color will hide dirt/grime. I can't imagine a brown linoleum type material is more upkeep than carpet.

I'm talking from a housekeepers prospective. What they do and what they are suppose to do are two different things. Sweeping and steam cleaning takes longer than pushing a vacuum over a carpet. Housekeeping doesn't do stains or carpet cleaning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter